Shooters…very concerned.

13 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

he has had more time to get back to 100% physically and also to get back in to basketball shape.

@AuburnNTexasWas not an issue last season with Flan when he came back. He was physically good to go. His issue was mental in  finding his offensive identity to how it fit last year's team.

11 hours ago, gravejd said:

I thought Moore should have gotten more playing time last season so i don't know what the coaches were holding him back for.

@gravejdHe was dinged up. That's why he just had surgery on a lingering issue.

i was kind of expecting a transfer here but looks like he is sticking around

Hard to get other teams to want you til they see you play well after surgery.

I thought the coaches just expected Flan to get back to normal and we were left scrambling when that did not happen

It was more due to C-Mo's injury & Cambridge's overall inconsistency as to why Flan played so much. As much as he struggled on O he was still solid on D.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

You have every right to be concerned, don't care what anybody says. Have to see where we are at as far as a facilitator and an alpha scorer

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

You have every right to be concerned, don't care what anybody says. Have to see where we are at as far as a facilitator and an alpha scorer

Haven't heard from you in a while Cole.  I am feeling tentatively good if Westry proves to be the Facilitaoer we need and the bigger presence at guard which has hurt us.  The other thing is the little I saw of Flanigan at the NBA camp and few practice clips he appears to be physically better and more confident. 

Last year with the exception of Jabari we did not consistently shoot the 3 well. A lot of that was shot selection especially at the end of the clock and people like Cambridge shooting the 3 to much. That is where the facilitator comes in. There are so many ways a facilitator can make everybody better. Get the ball down low to Broome to score or pass back out to an open 3 when other team doubles down. Drive and score one play then drive and pass out to open 3 or dump to another play for a dunk.

That is putting a lot of pressure on a freshman but with all the camps and summer circuits these young men play in now the freshman are more matured basketball IQ wise then years ago. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1