SI Five questions we have about the Tigers

aubiefifty

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No I never complained about Fifty posting dozens of bad articles.

Let me try again: You said no offense to him, then you trashed the content that he posted. How is he supposed to take that other than an admonition of what he's posting? And if it is an admonition of what he's posting, should he not infer that you don't think he should post them anymore? 

Look, I get where you're coming from here, but try to put yourself in fifty's shoes and think about how you would take it if someone said that about your content.

15 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

then you trashed the content

Exactly.  I responded to someone who "trashed" the content and lamented at the current state of articles written by pretty much every site.  

16 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

How is he supposed to take that other than an admonition of what he's posting?

Because I literally stated I wasn't attacking what he was posting.  How the hell do you not get that?  If I wanted to attack fifty I would have done it much more deliberately, but I don't care he post 10 articles a day.  There is typically 1 active topic on this board per day, it's not like he overruns the board.  What's more, I don't have a place to even complain if I wanted to. 

I'm not a board cop.  I don't care what fifty posts.  I just had the audacity to converse with another poster about this article being meh and extrapolated that to almost all articles except for a few.  If you want to be offended by that, then that's your prerogative.  

• Like 2

It's pretty pathetic if a poster can't offer opinions on the content that's posted. 

Except people do it all the time. I could point to countless examples of people talking about how terrible Auburn's beat writers are and nobody bats an eyelash. People usually pile on and it's all good fun. Not sure how that same content gets elevated under certain circumstances. Yet, we go through this every year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's pretty pathetic if a poster can't offer opinions on the content that's posted. 

Except people do it all the time. I could point to countless examples of people talking about how terrible Auburn's beat writers are and nobody bats an eyelash. People usually pile on and it's all good fun. Not sure how that same content gets elevated under certain circumstances. Yet, we go through this every year. 

Exactly. People do the exact same thing to somebody else but feel like you can't do it to me or my friend or whatever...then get mad when you point out the hypocrisy.

I appreciate anybody who would offer up an actual thought and explanation of their opinion. What do people think it mean when you run around and facepalm every post of the same person? You think you are better than the person that states an opinion and explain??? No imo you're much worse.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 11:40 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Boy this was a nothing article. After reading it I didn't learn anything and writer was afraid to actually analyze team and answer some of his own questions.

He's a brand new writer. Cut him some slack.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:40 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Boy this was a nothing article. After reading it I didn't learn anything and writer was afraid to actually analyze team and answer some of his own questions.

AuburnFifty I apologize if you thought I was upset with you in anyway for posting this article.  I am very appreciative of all the articles you post.  My comment was totally toward the writer of this article. Somebody who is in the business of researching material and is a writer when they post these type questions need to respond to the questions with their own analyses.

Again I really appreciate the posting you do,