Give predictions for 2022

aubiefifty

17 hours ago, JerryAU said:

In what speed?  Size?  Flexiblity?  Evasiveness?  Accuracy?  Ease of movement?  Ability to audible?  Experience in the SEC? 

I'm not trying to be an ass, but what intangibles did you see last year or even in the spring scrimmage? 

intangible

ĭn-tăn′jə-bəl

adjective

1. Incapable of being perceived by the senses.
  2. Incapable of being realized or defined.
  3. Incorporeal.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i have seen several folks just pound away at mikey and i have yet to see anyone take up for him when that happens. my guess is he got tired of decided to give back what they give to him? and they have insulted the hell out of him because they do not like his opinions.

Lmao

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

My prediction is you're going to see guys who were very lenient on QB play with Bo get very strict with tj. All the it's the o line and wait and see will be gone this year. 

Defense will be worse even though it should be better...I'd bet a year's salary on these two things. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

@Rednilla

Here's what I wrote: "It's too early to predict a record with any certainty."

Here's your blatant mis-quote: "Mikey: It's too early to predict a record, so let me go ahead and predict a crappy record anyway."

If you got passing grades at AU in your English classes, you should mail your diploma back because you obviously failed one or more required courses. Did you pay Jeff Burger to sneak into class and take exams for you?

Yes, too early to predict a record with any certainty, but you're going to go ahead and predict a crappy record anyway, while there's a notation about not being any certainty so that if we have a good season, you have something to fall back upon.

The point is that you're looking at things as negatively as you can, then using semantics to defend the choice. I'm sorry you didn't pick that up the first time around.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Yes, too early to predict a record with any certainty, but you're going to go ahead and predict a crappy record anyway, while there's a notation about not being any certainty so that if we have a good season, you have something to fall back upon.

The point is that you're looking at things as negatively as you can, then using semantics to defend the choice. I'm sorry you didn't pick that up the first time around.

Out of curiosity, how do you see that much different than what several other posters have said in other words. Just semantics?

Edited by Proud Tiger

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

My prediction is you're going to see guys who were very lenient on QB play with Bo get very strict with tj. All the it's the o line and wait and see will be gone this year. 

Defense will be worse even though it should be better...I'd bet a year's salary on these two things. 

Candidly I hope we don't see TJ too much.  But I would like to know if we'll be able to  crack on the oline for Tank's numbers this year or is that off the slate now?  

Is your assertion that defense will be worse because we lost key players or because Macon is gone?  I'd like to see a defensive game plan and a level of execution like we saw in the IB.  Whether the rumor is true that Mason had no part of the that game planning or not I hope to see a faster and more aggressive defense this season.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JerryAU said:

In what speed?  Size?  Flexiblity?  Evasiveness?  Accuracy?  Ease of movement?  Ability to audible?  Experience in the SEC? 

I'm not trying to be an ass, but what intangibles did you see last year or even in the spring scrimmage? 

Fair question. I’m talking about the things that can’t be measured with stats.

Leadership-he seems to have this quality in spades, just by judging what his coaches say and how the team reacts to him

Good self-evaluator - He has no problems acknowledging his short comings and wanting to improve 

Great teammate- He puts the team first above his own self interests 

Gets along with the staff and his teammates(you don’t see him arguing with coaches and teammates on the sidelines during games)

Shows good character in and off the field.

So that’s why I’m pulling for him to improve on the measurables (accuracy  on long balls and short ones, knowledge  of defenses, audibles, not taking sacks ect..) he is good guy and he’s easy to root for. That’s what I meant, I just didn’t have the time to expand on my thoughts when I posted 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

But I would like to know if we'll be able to  crack on the oline for Tank's numbers this year or is that off the slate now?

That would likely be fair because they were in fact much better at pass pro than run blocking the last couple years.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Fair question. I’m talking about the things that can’t be measured with stats.

Leadership-he seems to have this quality in spades, just by judging what his coaches say and how the team reacts to him

Good self-evaluator - He has no problems acknowledging his short comings and wanting to improve 

Great teammate- He puts the team first above his own self interests 

Gets along with the staff and his teammates(you don’t see him arguing with coaches and teammates on the sidelines during games)

Shows good character in and off the field.

So that’s why I’m pulling for him to improve on the measurables (accuracy  on long balls and short ones, knowledge  of defenses, audibles, not taking sacks ect..) he is good guy and he’s easy to root for. That’s what I meant, I just didn’t have the time to expand on my thoughts when I posted 

Understood and thanks for posting this.

Admittedly all I know about TJ is what I've seen on the field and read in articles.  His side-line demeanor appears to be how most QB's behave.  Obviously his predecessor's demeanor was different, because he was allowed to argue with his coaches & teammates in full view of the TV cameras.  

AU players show good character for the most part on the field and definitely off the field.  Compared to some arrests I've seen this offseason at other programs, I'm grateful our players walk a straight line. I know we still have a long summer to get through, but I believe Auburn imposes a strict policy of off-the-field behavior and I'm happy for that. 

I hope the most well equipped QB leads the offense, whoever that may be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Probs right on the first part, but it'll be Calzada IMO.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Out of curiosity, how do you see that much different than what several other posters have said in other words. Just semantics?

I haven't been reading many predictions, I just got a notification of that comment because Mikey quoted me. Maybe pessimism is ruling the day, I don't know, but if that's the case then I can't say I like the way things are going in the fan base right now.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have seen several folks just pound away at mikey and i have yet to see anyone take up for him when that happens. my guess is he got tired of decided to give back what they give to him? and they have insulted the hell out of him because they do not like his opinions.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Imo everyone on here slinging insults with their posts should receive a temporary ban for a few days. Maybe would tone down the divisiveness.

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I haven't been reading many predictions, I just got a notification of that comment because Mikey quoted me. Maybe pessimism is ruling the day, I don't know, but if that's the case then I can't say I like the way things are going in the fan base right now.

Pessimism is at an all time high for the AUFAMILY. I just had a guy on wde on reddit tell me the WR room as it currently stood had zero next level talent...

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Pessimism is at an all time high for the AUFAMILY. I just had a guy on wde on reddit tell me the WR room as it currently stood had zero next level talent...

Well, to be fair, there are only a couple of guys in the receiver room that even I think have the ability to play their way into being drafted, but I do think this is Malcolm Johnson's year to step up.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 11:37 AM, MaxCohen216 said:

IMHO, unless we get a significant upgrade over T.J. Finley at QB (and we might in Ashford), this team will go only as far as the defense can carry it.

Anywhere from 7-5 to 5-7.

And when this happens we collapse towards the end of the season b/c we're depending on them too much. I agree with you....at best 7 wins...at worst 4 or 5 wins.

I really like our defense but we're young and inexperienced in several areas. This offense must produce quickly.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

That's not an outlandish statement. We have Shed Jackson and a bunch of guys who did very little last year when we desperately needed someone to step up. Maybe the true freshman have NFL talent but it's way too early to tell. The WR room is a real problem. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

The bigger question is are they SEC talent?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CR said:

The bigger question is are they SEC talent?

Superior wide receiver talent is one of the main reasons our rivals have mostly beaten us the last 10 years. And those guys have gone to the NFL. So there's not much of a difference.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Imo everyone on here slinging insults with their posts should receive a temporary ban for a few days. Maybe would tone down the divisiveness.

The problem is correctly interpreting when an actual insult has been slung ( if thats a word). I believe WED has several times plainly stated he was not trying to do that so surely we should be willing to take him at his word on it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cbo said:

That's not an outlandish statement. We have Shed Jackson and a bunch of guys who did very little last year when we desperately needed someone to step up. Maybe the true freshman have NFL talent but it's way too early to tell. The WR room is a real problem. 

If it’s actually too early to tell it must also actually be to early to judge it a real problem IMO.

16 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

If it’s actually too early to tell it must also actually be to early to judge it a real problem IMO.

Too early to tell if the true freshmen develop into NFL WRs in the next 3 or 4 years. Not too early to tell that the WR room is currently a problem, IMO. I don't want to rely on true freshmen in the fall. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Too early to tell if the true freshmen develop into NFL WRs in the next 3 or 4 years. Not too early to tell that the WR room is currently a problem, IMO. I don't want to rely on true freshmen in the fall. 

Thx, I understood, was just trying to be a little more upbeat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Thx, I understood, was just trying to be a little more upbeat. 

Nothing wrong with that. 

3 hours ago, Didba said:

Is the guy wrong though?  Do you see NFL level talent currently residing in AU's  WR room?   

Call me a pessimist but I think we can all agree our WR's have a ton of opportunity to up their game this season.