Give predictions for 2022

aubiefifty

3 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Is the guy wrong though?  Do you see NFL level talent currently residing in AU's  WR room?   

Call me a pessimist but I think we can all agree our WR's have a ton of opportunity to up their game this season. 

The raw talent we have has the potential to become NFL talent.  The guy implied that none of the current players even have the potential of nfl talent.  I call BS on that notion.

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Defense will be worse even though it should be better...I'd bet a year's salary on these two things.

Interesting prediction. How are you going to evaluate that? Overall defense, scoring defense, etc.?  I'm also extremely interested in how Oklahoma State's defense will be compared to last years. 

Of course offense will affect it also, as in time of possession, scoring ability, etc., along with special teams and field position. Hard to evaluate objectively.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

The raw talent we have has the potential to become NFL talent.  The guy implied that none of the current players even have the potential of nfl talent.  I call BS on that notion.

Ehh, every player has potential and coaches are tasked with brining that potential to reality and helping the player develop into NFL draft caliber.  Good Lord, for 3 yrs we heard non-stop about Bo's "potential" while he consistently turned in mediocre QB stats.  

Auburn has had a development problem for a few yrs and it's been reflected in the W/L column and in the NFL drafts.  I'm still waiting for this coaching staff to address that deficiency. 

Just now, JerryAU said:

Good Lord, for 3 yrs we heard non-stop about Bo's "potential" while he consistently turned in mediocre QB stats.  

Auburn has had a development problem for a few yrs

🤔

26 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Ehh, every player has potential and coaches are tasked with brining that potential to reality and helping the player develop into NFL draft caliber.  Good Lord, for 3 yrs we heard non-stop about Bo's "potential" while he consistently turned in mediocre QB stats.  

Auburn has had a development problem for a few yrs and it's been reflected in the W/L column and in the NFL drafts.  I'm still waiting for this coaching staff to address that deficiency. 

I would respectfully say not a few years. It just depends which side of the ball u were on. Even with all the ups and down only Georgia has really had Auburns number.

Edited by e808

30 minutes ago, e808 said:

I would respectfully say not a few years. It just depends which side of the ball u were on. Even with all the ups and down only Georgia has really had Auburns number.

Our SEC W/L record over the last decade is mediocre at best, 10 yrs of up's & down's.  Poor player development,  poor roster management and eventually poor recruiting coupled with the belief that 3-4 loss season's was  "a solid year" got the last staff kicked to the curb with well over $30mill in buyouts.  This staff has yet to prove that they can do any of those things any better than the last group of guys. 

When CBH & Co. improve recruiting by bringing in top 10 talent and when they log a winning season I will feel the program is on the upswing. 

4 hours ago, Didba said:

Imo everyone on here slinging insults with their posts should receive a temporary ban for a few days. Maybe would tone down the divisiveness.

I agree but it's not going to happen when even SOME mods are guilty.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Didba said:

🤔

Questions will be answered in short order when this staff proves they can develop their roster and get a respectable number of them drafted. Until then, the guy that made the comment the there was no next level talent at WR has a point. 

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I agree but it's not going to happen when even SOME mods are guilty.

Its true, I'd love a reform.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Questions will be answered in short order when this staff proves they can develop their roster and get a respectable number of them drafted. Until then, the guy that made the comment the there was no next level talent at WR has a point. 

I was trying to refrain from saying his name, the waffle man...  😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Ignoring my bad Gus joke, I do think this is a fair point.  I still like to say the potential is there but validly you point out it remains to be seen if that potential can be developed.  You'd think a guy like Ike Hilliard will be able to do it but we will see soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Interesting prediction. How are you going to evaluate that? Overall defense, scoring defense, etc.?  I'm also extremely interested in how Oklahoma State's defense will be compared to last years. 

Of course offense will affect it also, as in time of possession, scoring ability, etc., along with special teams and field position. Hard to evaluate objectively.

We are on the AU board. No objectivity required here. If it was most of us would already have life-time ban.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Our SEC W/L record over the last decade is mediocre at best, 10 yrs of up's & down's.  Poor player development,  poor roster management and eventually poor recruiting coupled with the belief that 3-4 loss season's was  "a solid year" got the last staff kicked to the curb with well over $30mill in buyouts.  This staff has yet to prove that they can do any of those things any better than the last group of guys. 

When CBH & Co. improve recruiting by bringing in top 10 talent and when they log a winning season I will feel the program is on the upswing. 

Given Auburns schedule I would say slightly above mediocre. Yes they should have won more games but it is what it is. Had Auburn won the natty they would be even with LSU and Georgia based on accomplishments. It’s really been Bama and everyone else. In the pecking order regarding the last 10 years Auburn is no worse than 4th IMO. 

I get some of the frustration but the defensive side has done pretty well with development and guys getting into the league. Even with the offense inept the defense would keep them in games.

Edited by e808

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

My prediction is you're going to see guys who were very lenient on QB play with Bo get very strict with tj. All the it's the o line and wait and see will be gone this year. 

Defense will be worse even though it should be better...I'd bet a year's salary on these two things. 

What if TJ is benched in favor of Calzada or one of the young guys? 

4 hours ago, JerryAU said:

yet ironically enough Bo Nix is 30-40 yards away from being the 2nd all time passing yards qb at auburn. 

He's like 30 some odd yards behind Jason Campbell with Jarrett Stidham 4th behind Nix who missed games and his senior season. I'm honestly surprised to see that passing Stat to be honest.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

What if TJ is benched in favor of Calzada or one of the young guys? 

What if to what as far as what I said?

My prediction is 5-0 out the gate.  TBD for the rest of the schedule. Penn State will be a squeaker but I expect the team to have extra juice and want pay back.  If memory serves me correctly Auburn has been smashing LSU at AU outside of the collapse. Even in that game Auburn was ahead handily and then the second half happened. Mizzou defense was bad so the oline should be able to get some push and it will still be early in the year so the defense should hold if nothing else.

Losses to Bama and Georgia

Ole Piss and Arky Auburn finds a way to win more often than not whether u wanna say officiating or whatever. 
State I really can’t call. There have been some ugly games.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

What if to what as far as what I said?

Do you think people will be overly hard on the other 3 if they start, or just TJ if he starts?

• WarTiger changed the title to Give predictions for 2022
  • augolf1716 locked this topic