Leaks? Why is the Left not concerned about WHO or WHY SCOTUS Draft was leaked?

DKW 86

Guessing we just have to give it time and comments will flow, but have a hard time believing that undermining institutions as our founders intended will be applauded here.

Stop trying to make the leak the story. 

The contents are bad enough. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Thanks 1

Republicans want to pretend that’s THE story. The bigger story is why a party that has claimed this is their primary goal for 40+ years is deflecting from their apparent victory. Gonna run on a “No draft opinion leaks!” In the mid-terms? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Stop trying to make the leak the story. 

The contents are bad enough. 

The leak is a story. The intent to disrupt court opinion threatened. That should not be a partisan opinion.

Content weighed separately.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Republicans want to pretend that’s THE story. The bigger story is why a party that has claimed this is their primary goal for 40+ years is deflecting from their apparent victory. Gonna run on a “No draft opinion leaks!” In the mid-terms? 

It is a story. Should be non-partisan. As much as the democrats want this violation of protocol to disappear, it will not. I will not be surprised if the offender is disbarred. 

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It is a story. Should be non-partisan. As much as the democrats want this violation of protocol to disappear, it will not. I will not be surprised if the offender is disbarred. 

Sure it’s a story. It’s not the bigger story. And Republicans are already acting like they know it’s a Democrat. None of us know. A Republican seems at least as likely to me.

Can you cite the basis for disbarment? 

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Sure it’s a story. It’s not the bigger story. And Republicans are already acting like they know it’s a Democrat. None of us know. A Republican seems at least as likely to me.

Can you cite the basis for disbarment? 

Didn't say it was. I don't really care what Republicans nor you are thinking. This should not be partisan as previously mentioned.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/is-it-illegal-leak-us-supreme-court-opinion-2022-05-03/

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Didn't say it was. I don't really care what Republicans nor you are thinking. This should not be partisan as previously mentioned.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/is-it-illegal-leak-us-supreme-court-opinion-2022-05-03/

Republican messaging is making the leak partisan. They’re out to create a perception before the facts are know. 

Personally, I add it to a long list of norms I believe we would be better off not trashing. Most Republicans just started their list today.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Republican messaging is making the leak partisan. They’re out to create a perception before the facts are know. 

Personally, I add it to a long list of norms I believe we would be better off not trashing. Most Republicans just started their list today.

Perhaps, but dismissal of leak is doing what exactly? 

Who’s dismissed it?

Our president? Have you seen his comment on the leak?

Don’t hang on his every word— got a link?

LOL. Don't worry. BTW, There is no link to him acknowledging wrongdoing. When asked he deflected.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

LOL. Don't worry. BTW, There is no link to him acknowledging wrongdoing. When asked he deflected.

So you made it up?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you made it up?

What? The president was asked specifically about the leak and deflected. Nothing made up about that.

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

What? The president was asked specifically about the leak and deflected. Nothing made up about that.

Link to your claim.

The Supreme court says they are going to investigate as they should.

No the left isn't hiding the leak...everyone knows the draft wasn't supposed to be given to the press...nobody is trying to hide that fact...?

34 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Link to your claim.

When asked about his thoughts on the ruling or the draft leak he addressed ruling, not draft leak. IMO he should have addressed both. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

When asked about his thoughts on the ruling or the draft leak he addressed ruling, not draft leak. IMO he should have addressed both. 

Focusing on the bigger issue is only “deflecting” in the mind of the partisan ideologue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

The leak is a story. The intent to disrupt court opinion threatened. That should not be a partisan opinion.

Content weighed separately.

Leaks have happened before and will happen again. This is far from unprecedented. Don't let that distract from just how bad this draft opinion is on multiple fronts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Focusing on the bigger issue is only “deflecting” in the mind of the partisan ideologue.

Avoidance is a form of deflection. Not that a partisan ideologue would have that understanding.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Leaks have happened before and will happen again. This is far from unprecedented. Don't let that distract from just how bad this draft opinion is on multiple fronts. 

Never said otherwise. I simply pointed out it was a story and should be for our entire populace. 

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Avoidance is a form of deflection. Not that a partisan ideologue would have that understanding.

The leak is interesting— it doesn’t change the law of the land for 50 years. You’re a good little bot, though. Responds on cue like you’re programmed to do!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The leak is interesting— it doesn’t change the law of the land for 50 years. You’re a good little bot, though. Responds on cue like you’re programmed to do!

Yo Vlad Jr.,  I am not surprised you comprehend said programming.