Miami transfer WR Dazalin Worsham committed to the Tigers!!

Sizzle

• Sizzle changed the title to Miami transfer WR Dazalin Worsham committed to the Tigers!!

Dang I was just coming in here to post this.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Did anyone see this coming? I remember his name from recruiting during his high school days.. 

I only heard of it in the last couple of hours. Dunno if there was smoke earlier this week.

Auburn adds former 4-star WR from transfer portal

15 minutes ago

Needing help at the wide receiver position, the Auburn Tigers have dipped into the transfer portal to bring in a name very familiar to those that follow recruiting in Alabama, former 4-star Hewitt-Trussville standout Dazalin Worsham. 

Signing with Miami in the 2020 class over offers from Auburn, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Texas A&M and others, Worsham played in one game in two seasons with the Hurricanes before deciding to enter the portal.

Worsham was one of the most productive prep receivers in Alabama history during his career, finishing with 215 receptions for more than 2,400 yards and 28 touchdowns.

With still four seasons of eligibility remaining, Worsham will immediately challenge for playing time for a wide receiver group that lost Kobe Hudson and Demetris Robertson after last season. Shederick Jackson (40) and Worsham’s former Hewitt-Trussville teammate Ja’Varrius Johnson (19) are the top two returning players at the position for first-year coach Ike Hilliard.

8COMMENTS

Behind those two, Auburn returns a total of just 17 total receptions from a year ago. That includes five catches from tight end Landen King, who saw time at wide receiver in the spring. 

More to come….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dazalin Worsham (#19): 6’2”, 202 (2021 Stats - No Recorded Stats) Worsham has yet to record any stats but this may have been purposeful as he checks in at 202 pounds this year after being roughly 180 pounds going into last season. He also had a hip injury prior to his arrival in Miami in 2020. The Alabama native, and one time Roll Tide commit, shows some quickness and an ability to operate out of various routes with reliable hands. Daz is a bit of a sleeper in a packed receiver room, but hopefully packed on some strength in the weight room to become a target this year.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Add him to our all name team. I'm happy with this pickup! 

At least he’s excited to be here, unlike a nameless fan on the board!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just don’t see much downside to this if his injury is not still having an effect on him.

• Like 2

From what Mikey says we have two scholarships we have to use on Portal players or we lose them.  He has grown since HS as he is now supposedly 6'2" and 202 pounds and is finally healthy. It is a gamble but looking at our WR room it is probably a good gamble. War Eagle and welcome to Auburn.

• Like 1

This helps, go get 'em Dazalin. The way I look at it, as soon as he catches his first pass, he increases his college production by 100%. I think CIH will make a good college receiver out of him.

• Like 1

Really good breakdown by Coach Pink from UM spring game and high school.

War Eagle and welcome aboard Dazalin!!!   

I think some of the negativity is because of unrealistic expectations.   A proven Alpha WR1 isn’t likely to transfer anywhere if it’s not prearranged (with a specific coach and/or QB).   He is certainly not going to a school with major questions at QB and OL.  Some people wouldn’t have been satisfied unless Jerry Rice and Calvin Johnson transferred to AU.  

Our best shot would be a guy with POTENTIAL to be a high level WR.   It sounds like we accomplished that.   Much needed addition!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Let's break this down.

1. Injured his senior year (hence the drop in ratings and Bama pulling their offer)
  2. Injury redshirt first year at Miami
  3. Practically redshirted again to put on 20+ lbs

He has 4 years and has already been in a college program for two. At worst he adds much needed depth to a thin position of ours where we have a lot of upper class-men. Additionally, he comes from a school that it's great to have connections with and adds another Alabama native to the roster (which is more important than you would think). This is just a bad take. 

At one point he was a 5 star before the injuries 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

unless Jerry Rice and Calvin Johnson transferred to AU.  

Jerry Rice is ancient. I bet his hips are about to fall out of socket just reading about a Nick Saban and Kirby Smart defense.

Calvin Johnson played at GaTech and then for Detroit. He couldn't even clean the cleats of the WR playing in an SEC West offense. Practice squad for sure.

@CameronCrazy did I do that right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Bring me all the smoke - I stand by what I said. My point is that we don’t need warm bodies, we need a WR1. We have zero all-sec type receivers on this team. 

And it’s extremely disappointing to see the level of expectations that most Auburn fans on this board have in recruiting right now. We’re happy about  a kid that played zero snaps in 2 years, has been plagued by injury, and by ALL accounts has been a BUST from his junior HS year expectations.

Harsin continues to do nothing to address our positions of dire need - WR and OL. And to try to put a positive spin on this transfer is laughable.

We are Auburn University. We should expect better. We should demand better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3