Miami transfer WR Dazalin Worsham committed to the Tigers!!

Sizzle

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

why are all the insiders that lost their resources so bitter..............and negative

No insiders on here like that NOOOOOPE...

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Bring me all the smoke - I stand by what I said. My point is that we don’t need warm bodies, we need a WR1. We have zero all-sec type receivers on this team. 

And it’s extremely disappointing to see the level of expectations that most Auburn fans on this board have in recruiting right now. We’re happy about  a kid that played zero snaps in 2 years, has been plagued by injury, and by ALL accounts has been a BUST from his junior HS year expectations.

Harsin continues to do nothing to address our positions of dire need - WR and OL. And to try to put a positive spin on this transfer is laughable.

We are Auburn University. We should expect better. We should demand better. 

Oh so that wasn't satire... that's sad dude. you really have no idea what you are talking about and it shows.  Dunning-Kruger strong with this one guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Harsin continues to do nothing to address our positions of dire need - WR

🤡

• Like 1

Anyone that choses to attend and play for Auburn is exciting for me, no matter what ranking others perceive them to be.  I am incredibly happy to watch Dazalin in the near future in Jordan-Hare.  Welcome to the Family, Mr. Worsham!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Bring me all the smoke - I stand by what I said. My point is that we don’t need warm bodies, we need a WR1. We have zero all-sec type receivers on this team. 

And it’s extremely disappointing to see the level of expectations that most Auburn fans on this board have in recruiting right now. We’re happy about  a kid that played zero snaps in 2 years, has been plagued by injury, and by ALL accounts has been a BUST from his junior HS year expectations.

Harsin continues to do nothing to address our positions of dire need - WR and OL. And to try to put a positive spin on this transfer is laughable.

Where are the WR1’s in the portal?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I agree that we need a WR1.  We aren't done at WR yet.  I'm not sure we're going to get a true WR1 unfortunately.  We've done a bad job at WR and OL.  Really bad.

That said, I think this kid has a good chance of being pretty good and much better than a "warm body".  He's someone riddled with injuries and just now getting healthy.  He's a good add in the portal, IMO.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, toddc said:

I just don’t see much downside to this if his injury is not still having an effect on him.

There is no downside. We're not going to be able to fill all of our open slots with SEC quality starters anyway. If his injury persists, he can be put on medical scholarship and not count against the overall limit. If he's healthy, he might be a good pickup.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

We should demand better. 

I demand better from our fans. We need a serious upgrade there.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

My point is that we don’t need warm bodies, we need a WR1. We have zero all-sec type receivers on this team. 

And it’s extremely disappointing to see the level of expectations that most Auburn fans on this board have in recruiting right now.

So, you’re saying you see my point.   👍

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Where are the WR1’s in the portal?

They've been there, we just aren't marketable at all right now and they had zero interest in us. Forget the WR1's, we haven't even been able to land the WR2/WR3 types that have chosen schools like South Carolina and Pittsburgh over us.

This is an obvious problem and I fail to see where they are going to get the excitement to start changing this narrative. You see, Harsin really screwed up by not doing whatever the hell it took to create excitement. What he should have done is landed  2-3 immediate impact transfer OL and told guys like Troxell their time was done. He should have prioritized and targeted a bigger name QB to transfer in here - one that can actually DRAW TALENT to want to play with him. That's exactly what South Carolina did when they landed Spencer Rattler.

You see, what we did is bring back a forgettable OL from last season and added a QB (Calzada) who absolutely no one is sold on. We were a very boring/forgettable offense last season, and not much was done to change that narrative. So why would you be surprised that the actual talent at WR that was in the portal has little interest in coming here? Most of the college football world understands that Calzada was A&M's backup, had ~1 good game, looked pretty forgettable the rest of the season, and transferred out because he wasn't going to start this year. He may have tools or upside or whatever you want to call it, but we needed more of a sure thing to build some momentum.

The mess at OC falls in the exact same line. We went from a young NFL guy who could have built some excitement that unfortunately should never have been hired...to Eric Kiesau. It's great that Kiesau probably "meshes" with Harsin, but that is simply a low-impact move when it comes to selling your offense. It is actually extremely easy to negatively recruit against too: if I was some other school, all I need to point out is: "if Kiesau is so great, why wasn't he the pick from day one? Why did they hire a guy with zero OC experience over him?". On paper, that entire "saga" comes off as if Kiesau was just a hire that Harsin had to settle on.

All of that creates the situation we are in: even with massive immediate need at WR, Auburn, one of the "big SEC schools", is relegated to scraping the bottom of the barrell to find kids that want to come here. That isn't good.

Right now the "most likely" addition at WR is going to be Matt Landers - a guy that was horrible at Georgia and had to transfer out to Toledo. He had a few big games at Toledo last season...against MAC competition. We're pretty much relegated to bringing in cast-offs and praying for the best at this point.

Edited by metafour
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

:drink9:

Y'all are fun

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, metafour said:

They've been there, we just aren't marketable at all right now and they had zero interest in us. Forget the WR1's, we haven't even been able to land the WR2/WR3 types that have chosen schools like South Carolina and Pittsburgh over us.

This is an obvious problem and I fail to see where they are going to get the excitement to start changing this narrative. You see, Harsin really screwed up by not doing whatever the hell it took to create excitement. What he should have done is landed  2-3 immediate impact transfer OL and told guys like Troxell their time was done. He should have prioritized and targeted a bigger name QB to transfer in here - one that can actually DRAW TALENT to want to play with him. That's exactly what South Carolina did when they landed Spencer Rattler.

You see, what we did is bring back a forgettable OL from last season and added a QB (Calzada) who absolutely no one is sold on. We were a very boring/forgettable offense last season, and not much was done to change that narrative. So why would you be surprised that the actual talent at WR that was in the portal has little interest in coming here? Most of the college football world understands that Calzada was A&M's backup, had ~1 good game, looked pretty forgettable the rest of the season, and transferred out because he wasn't going to start this year. He may have tools or upside or whatever you want to call it, but we needed more of a sure thing to build some momentum.

The mess at OC falls in the exact same line. We went from a young NFL guy who could have built some excitement that unfortunately should never have been hired...to Eric Kiesau. It's great that Kiesau probably "meshes" with Harsin, but that is simply a low-impact move when it comes to selling your offense. It is actually extremely easy to negatively recruit against too: if I was some other school, all I need to point out is: "if Kiesau is so great, why wasn't he the pick from day one? Why did they hire a guy with zero OC experience over him?". On paper, that entire "saga" comes off as if Kiesau was just a hire that Harsin had to settle on.

All of that creates the situation we are in: even with massive immediate need at WR, Auburn, one of the "big SEC schools", is relegated to scraping the bottom of the barrell to find kids that want to come here. That isn't good.

Right now the "most likely" addition at WR is going to be Matt Landers - a guy that was horrible at Georgia and had to transfer out to Toledo. He had a few big games at Toledo last season...against MAC competition. We're pretty much relegated to bringing in cast-offs and praying for the best at this point.

I agree with the OL thing that’s something I’ve been saying myself personally. The offensive coaches  haven’t done enough to bring in what we need but I’m not going to bash Worsham because of that

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Hard to disagree with any of that.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 9:53 PM, CameronCrazy said:

We have a couple guys on the roster, Javarius and Dawson, that could be serviceable. But you’re correct it’s the worst the receiver room has been since 2008. Anybody remember that year offensively? 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:25 AM, metafour said:

This is brilliant, start to finish.

Harsin genuinely seems to be trying to change, but the arrogance and ignorant decisions he made prior to the near-firing were so severe that it’s going to be tough to salvage things. If the current Harsin arrived December 2020, we might be in a totally different position.

I’m rooting for him but I wouldn’t put money on him surviving much longer.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AUght2win said:

We have a couple guys on the roster, Javarius and Dawson, that could be serviceable. But you’re correct it’s the worst the receiver room has been since 2008. Anybody remember that year offensively? 

2016 was terrible. Tony Stevens was our best WR and didn't even have 500 yards receiving.

2015 was really bad too after Ricardo Louis.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AUght2win said:

U being  serious? It may be the most inexperienced.  But the worst? How do u know?2 that will play this yr aren't on campus yet. U think Kobe Hudson was that big of a loss? SMH

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U being  serious? It may be the most inexperienced.  But the worst? How do u know?2 that will play this yr aren't on campus yet. U think Kobe Hudson was that big of a loss? SMH

Yes. The worst. Easily. The receivers room was dreadful last year and lost two of their top three pass catchers without adding any stud recruits or transfers. The better question is how on earth do you think otherwise?

Shedrick Jackson does not have any SEC caliber attributes, from speed to hands to size, and would not start anywhere else in the conference outside of maybe Vanderbilt. Javarrius is 5’8 160 pounds. Nobody else has even registered a catch.

Look, I don’t know why some of you guys feel the need to argue with every single observation. But this just is what it is. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

2016 was terrible. Tony Stevens was our best WR and didn't even have 500 yards receiving.

2015 was really bad too after Ricardo Louis.

It’s still not as bad as the current room. We had Duke in 2015 at least going into the season. Ricardo actually had a great year, and we had reliable, experienced guys like Marcus Davis and Melvin Ray to contribute. Any of those guys would be our current WR1.

2016 was indeed a flop. But the room was chock full of talent. Two five stars in Nate Craig Myers and Kyle Davis. Slayton, Ryan Davis, and Stove contributed. Marcus Davis and Stevens were the vets. 

On paper, the 2021 room is extremely bad. It was an issue even before we lost Kobe.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Yes. The worst. Easily. The receivers room was dreadful last year and lost two of their top three pass catchers without adding any stud recruits or transfers. The better question is how on earth do you think otherwise?

Shedrick Jackson does not have any SEC caliber attributes, from speed to hands to size, and would not start anywhere else in the conference outside of maybe Vanderbilt. Javarrius is 5’8 160 pounds. Nobody else has even registered a catch.

Look, I don’t know why some of you guys feel the need to argue with every single observation. But this just is what it is. 

So, you don't think some of the "awfulness" of the wide receivers could be attributed to poor QB play. I seen as many over thrown balls for TD'S as I did drops. Any u kinda made my point when u said no one else has registered a catch... Inexperienced,  yes... The worst since 2008? Don't know yet

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, you don't think some of the "awfulness" of the wide receivers could be attributed to poor QB play. I seen as many over thrown balls for TD'S as I did drops. Any u kinda made my point when u said no one else has registered a catch... Inexperienced,  yes... The worst since 2008? Don't know yet

No. Evaluate the position. Last year we had tons of drops, nobody with size, and nobody who can take the top off. Now we lose the best playmaker from the bunch in Kobe and the best deep threat (IF you can even consider Robertson that). 

Last year was the worst the room has been since 2008 and it got less talented this off-season. 

26 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

No. Evaluate the position. Last year we had tons of drops, nobody with size, and nobody who can take the top off. Now we lose the best playmaker from the bunch in Kobe and the best deep threat (IF you can even consider Robertson that). 

Last year was the worst the room has been since 2008 and it got less talented this off-season. 

Ok