AU Family Fantasy Football (2 leagues)

AUBwins

Disclaimer:  Using this to communicate with the managers currently in the Keeper League (currently full but could open up).

NFL Draft is complete.  Time to open the new Season in Fantasy football.

We will be having the option for offseason trading, so that is why I'm getting this going now as we need to iron out a few rules. More on that later. 

Key points of emphasis for these early talks.  The roster lineup will be removing the kicker for a 2nd WRT flex.  So 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2W/R/T Flex, 1 defense, 6 bench, 1 IR available.  We discussed in the chat towards the end of season.  No objections were made to get rid of kicker.  Personally like having another skill player and eliminating a crap shoot player. 

Starting this Draft, only drafted players can be kept the following year.  Free agent signings will not be eligible if they were not previously drafted. Too complicated to manage those.  So doing this to clean it up.  Reminder that kept players will move up the number of rounds as their kept status.  This year some players will be kept for the 2nd time, so they move up 2 rounds from last year instead of 1.

Also a suggestion for now, to have the latest kept player be 10th round.  (Can keep a 13th round player but they would allocate to the 10th round to start) . That ought to be deep enough for rewarding value but not too deep to get crazy value for several years. 

As far as off season trades, I think we should allow picks and players but feel we need a cutoff for the round to be offered in trades (like 6th round or sooner, or 8th round etc). Also if you trade for someone, they must be one of your keepers. Should offseason traded players follow ADP? Like McCaffrey or Saquon, value may not be first round anymore so the person getting them won't want them there.  I'm thinking the manager that already had them on roster follows our drafted keeper rules but someone else can trade for them in the offseason and get their ADP value. 

First thing first.  Who is opting in this year? Wanting to have players that participate all year with no obvious roster neglect.   We did pretty well with that last year.  It makes it more fun. 

Current Managers and Draft order: 

1st Cole @cole256

2nd BoKnows  (outside player) 

3rd McLoofus  @McLoofus

4th SlowRoll. (Outside player) 

5th AucsDocs @Auctoritas

6th Jeff Team @aujeff11

7th Coastal  @Coastal Tiger

8th TrueTig (outside player)

9th Kyler @GwillMac6

10th Slapout @Rednilla

11th StiffArm @AUBwins

12th YourCousin @aubearcat

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I had more thoughts I had typed earlier but it somehow got deleted when I changed screens.  Oye. I will comment as I think of it.   Now it's the time to commit and suggest rules etc. I plan to open up the offseason as soon as we get everything ironed out.  I will also copy this message into the main chat in yahoo.  

23 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I suck at it but it's going to be the only thing keeping me interested in football. 

Well you will have Derrick Henry going for you since I let him go cheaper than I probably should have 😆 

• Thanks 1

I'm playing. How many keepers do we get?

Also, am I not going to get to keep Eli Mitchell? Seems like I remember having him most of the season, even if he wasn't drafted; shouldn't I have the option to keep him?

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Also, am I not going to get to keep Eli Mitchell? Seems like I remember having him most of the season, even if he wasn't drafted; shouldn't I have the option to keep him?

This year, yes. Doing away with it after this draft. Reward for drafting them and easier to manage. 

54 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I'm playing. How many keepers do we get?

3 keepers max. 

On 5/6/2022 at 5:43 PM, AUBwins said:

This year, yes. Doing away with it after this draft. Reward for drafting them and easier to manage. 

So are you saying I *can* keep Mitchell, but this is the last year that we're keeping non-drafted players? And if I'm allowed to keep him, what round will he be picked in?

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

So are you saying I *can* keep Mitchell, but this is the last year that we're keeping non-drafted players? And if I'm allowed to keep him, what round will he be picked in?

Yes you are correct in your explanation.  8th round is what we previously established for waiver guys. 

• Thanks 1

I try to give everyone a chance to adapt to new rules so being everyone planned to keep waiver guys during the year last year, that needs to be rewarded and then establish predraft that it will not be rewarded next year.  

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes you are correct in your explanation.  8th round is what we previously established for waiver guys. 

8th round is what I thought I remembered. Good then, I'll keep Eli as an 8th rounder instead of keeping Stafford as a 7th rounder or Burrow as a 9th rounder. That will give me a solid 1-2 punch at RB with a top notch receiver I snagged in the 12th round last year, and the only early pick I give up is my first rounder for Najee. I can live with that.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

8th round is what I thought I remembered. Good then, I'll keep Eli as an 8th rounder instead of keeping Stafford as a 7th rounder or Burrow as a 9th rounder. That will give me a solid 1-2 punch at RB with a top notch receiver I snagged in the 12th round last year, and the only early pick I give up is my first rounder for Najee. I can live with that.

Yep, that's a nice haul

17 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yep, that's a nice haul

So what are we doing for offseason stuff, if anything? And when are we going to set final keepers? When will the draft be?

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

So what are we doing for offseason stuff, if anything? And when are we going to set final keepers? When will the draft be?

May is a crazy month as it always is so aiming to have the offseason ready by beginning of June.  I have to figure out how to get it lined up on yahoo.  I know it's possible. Also want to iron out the details of how to deal with draft picks being traded.  Like what is their value and where do we cut it off to maintain fairness for example.  That part requires input from the group.  

Final keepers set by 8/24 and Draft on 8/31. Those are the dates I have plugged in at this time.  As it gets closer and we finalize a draft time the keepers will be 1 week before. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

May is a crazy month as it always is so aiming to have the offseason ready by beginning of June.  I have to figure out how to get it lined up on yahoo.  I know it's possible. Also want to iron out the details of how to deal with draft picks being traded.  Like what is their value and where do we cut it off to maintain fairness for example.  That part requires input from the group.  

Final keepers set by 8/24 and Draft on 8/31. Those are the dates I have plugged in at this time.  As it gets closer and we finalize a draft time the keepers will be 1 week before. 

So it's going to be a while yet, still, huh. :P Guess that makes sense, given the time of year. 

And are we not going to be trading until that final week, or how exactly is all that going to work?

Eligible%20Keeper%20rosters%202022.docx

This is the eligible keeper list (I will try to get an image to appear on screen later instead of send you to a document download) , along with where they were drafted last year and current ECR.  I have removed the players that were acquired after our waiver deadline for keepers.  You can use the waiver players from this year in the draft as 8th rounders but next year will only use players that are drafted.  

We can use this list to see who is available to consider making a trade offer for.  Unfortunately Yahoo locks rosters until after the draft.  So we will have to trade manually this summer. I will need an official accepted trade sent to me via email, on the yahoo chat or on here if I can get agreement from both parties.  Any player received will be used as a keeper for their ECR round value on that Eligible Keeper sheet attached (trades in season will keep the drafted value rules instead). If you do not have a Pick available in the round of your keeper's value, you will have to move up a round to keep until you do have a place.  

Draft picks are eligible to be swapped but must have an even number of picks swapped to maintain 15 picks overall for each manager.  I won't restrict picks to a certain round but please be reasonable. If I feel there is a great imbalance, I will reach out to discuss it further. 

Trading will start June 1st to give everyone time to see what's going on.  It will end 3 weeks before draft.  More to come tomorrow. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Thanks 1

OK. Got the league divided up into 3 divisions of 4 teams and the schedule finalized. Went with 3 divisions for 2 reasons .. 1. Best way to schedule the games that are played twice. 2. Playoffs will be division winners advance but top 2 seeds are best overall records. So it still rewards the overall season winner while division winners get in..

Divisions were set up, led by the top 3 from last year, hence the division names of Gold, Silver, Bronze. Then selected their designated rivals. Final slots filled with other teams as pairs (with their rival) that balanced the divisions best based on last year results. Overall proud of the result.

Schedule notes ... I put the rival games on week 8 and 13 because of only 2 teams on bye each of those weeks. Less likely key players will be missing (of course 1 of my likely keepers falls on that day 😆) Rival weeks will also be the only weeks where all divisional games will be played. Stakes are high!

NFL did us fantasy guys no favors again. 6 teams on bye week 14 with nobody on bye week 13. Nothing left to do now except wait for trading to start.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's June 1st! Trading is open. I hope I have been transparent enough on how this will work.

Brief synopsis;
Only keepable players can be traded (sent a list to the email on file if need confirmation) ... Still can only carry 3 max total keepers ... Draft picks can be traded but must have an even number of picks swapped ... Value for traded players goes by the round associated with Avg Pick number on the research Tab (under My Team) taken at the time the trade was made official ... All traded players must be kept.

Those are the current rules. Everything will be done manually and I will enter them onto the draft board once we finalize keepers. 2 questions that I proposed earlier but no responses -- If someone is traded but then gets injured before the year starts, do we allow the player to not be kept (but lose a keeper pick)? Also should we allow the Keeper value with the trades as well if they are later in the draft than the ADP?
This trading period will essentially close when it is time to finalize keepers.

That being said ... I am willing to listen to all offers :)
Saquon could be a nice 3rd round value for someone. Remember in a keeper league, players typically go sooner than their ADP shows. Learned that lesson last year haha

No obligations obviously but something to make it interesting.

Also, I would like to use the message board on our league for communication. So please see about at least being able to monitor that board for updates. Right now, I am sending messages on 4 platforms lol.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:27 PM, AUBwins said:

1st Cole @cole256

2nd BoKnows  (outside player) 

3rd McLoofus  @McLoofus

4th SlowRoll. (Outside player) 

5th AucsDocs @Auctoritas

6th Jeff Team @aujeff11

7th Coastal  @Coastal Tiger

8th TrueTig (outside player)

9th Kyler @GwillMac6

10th Slapout @Rednilla

11th StiffArm @AUBwins

12th YourCousin @aubearcat

Quoted this so it will tag everyone (I think) 

OK.  These are the eligible players to be kept and subsequently can be traded for this offseason.  Value will be determined by ADP at time of trade, which can be found in yahoo research (avg pick).

Coastal Tiger 2021 Draft Position

Kenny Golladay (NYG - WR) Round 8, Pick 1 
Nick Chubb (Cle - RB) Round 2, Pick 11 
Dalvin Cook (Min - RB) Round 1, Pick 11
Rob Gronkowski (TB - TE) NA. Round 14, Pick 11
Julio Jones (Ten - WR) NA. Round 4, Pick 6
Dallas Goedert (Phi - TE) Round 7, Pick 12
Alexander Mattison (Min - RB)  Waiver
Adam Thielen (Min - WR) Q  Round 5, Pick 2
Lamar Jackson (Bal - QB) Round 2, Pick 1
Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB) Rnd 4, Pick 11
Buffalo (Buf - DEF) Round 15, Pick 10
Chris Godwin (TB - WR) Q. Round 3, Pick 12

Slow Rollin' Low
2021 Draft Position

Stefon Diggs (Buf - WR) Round 6, Pick 10
Jaylen Waddle (Mia - WR) Round 7, Pick 7
David Montgomery (Chi - RB)Round 2, Pick 6
Sony Michel (LAR - RB) NA Round 9, Pick 5
George Kittle (SF - TE) Round 2, Pick 4
D'Andre Swift (Det - RB) Round 5, Pick 9
Javonte Williams (Den - RB) Round 6, Pick 5
James Robinson (Jax - RB) Q Round 3, Pick 7
Michael Gallup (Dal - WR) Q Round 8, Pick 5
Cam Akers (LAR - RB) Round 15, Pick 7
J.K. Dobbins (Bal - RB) Q Waiver
Travis Etienne (Jax - RB) Q Round 14, Pick 6
--------------------------------------
Auc's Docs
2021 Draft Position

Tom Brady (TB - QB) Round 6, Pick 7
Elijah Moore (NYJ - WR) Round 12, Pick 7
Russell Gage (TB - WR) Round 11, Pick 2
Mike Davis (Atl - RB) NA Round 4, Pick 7
AJ Dillon (GB - RB) Q Round 7, Pick 6
Kyle Pitts (Atl - TE) Round 3, Pick 6
Marvin Jones Jr. (Jax - WR) Round 11, Pick 6
Aaron Jones (GB - RB) Round 1, Pick 7
Matt Ryan (Ind - QB) Round 10, Pick 7
DeAndre Hopkins (Ari - WR) SUSP Round 2 
Baltimore (Bal - DEF) Round 11, Pick 9
Derrick Henry (Ten - RB) Round 1, Pick 8
---------------------------------------
TrueTigersRPurple&Gold
2021 Draft Position

Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)Round 4, Pick 2
Chase Claypool (Pit - WR) Round 5, Pick 11
Ja'Marr Chase (Cin - WR) Round 6, Pick 
Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC - RB) Round 1
Mark Andrews (Bal - TE) Round 3, Pick 11
DeVonta Smith (Phi - WR) Round 7, Pick 11
Jerry Jeudy (Den - WR) Round 5, Pick 5
Josh Allen (Buf - QB) Round 2, Pick 2
Devin Singletary (Buf - RB) Round 11, Pick 11
Zach Ertz (Ari - TE) Waiver
Kareem Hunt (Cle - RB) Round 5, Pick 12
Dallas (Dal - DEF) Waiver
---------------------------------
Jeff's Team
2021 Draft Position

CeeDee Lamb (Dal - WR)Round 12, Pick 11
DK Metcalf (Sea - WR) Q Round 4, Pick 1
Pat Freiermuth (Pit - TE) Waiver
Hunter Renfrow (LV - WR) Waiver
Carson Wentz (Was - QB) Waiver
Khalil Herbert (Chi - RB) Waiver
Rondale Moore (Ari - WR) Waiver
Cole Kmet (Chi - TE) Round 15, Pick 12
Terrace Marshall Jr. (Car - WR) Round 13, 
Trey Sermon (SF - RB) Round 5, Pick 7
San Francisco (SF - DEF) Round 10, Pick 9
Michael Thomas (NO - WR) Q Round 12
--------------------------------------
Your Cousin from Boston
2021 Draft Position

Jalen Hurts (Phi - QB) Round 7, Pick 8
Justin Jefferson (Min - WR) Round 13, Pick 8
Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR) Round 3, Pick 8
Austin Ekeler (LAC - RB) Round 2, Pick 5
Damien Harris (NE - RB) Round 5, Pick 8
Dawson Knox (Buf - TE) Waiver
Van Jefferson (LAR - WR) Waiver
Tony Pollard (Dal - RB) Round 11, Pick 12

DJ Moore (Car - WR) Round 4, Pick 5

Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)Round 1, Pick 5

Edited by AUBwins

Slapout Slander
2021 Draft Position

Matthew Stafford (LAR - QB)  Round 8, Pick 4
Amari Cooper (Cle - WR)  Round 3, Pick 9
Cordarrelle Patterson (Atl - RB)  Waiver
Najee Harris (Pit - RB)Round 1, Pick 4

Eli Mitchell (SF - RB) Q. Waiver
Travis Kelce (KC - TE)  Round 1, Pick 6
Mike Williams (LAC - WR) Round 12, Pick 4
Terry McLaurin (Was - WR) Round 4, Pick 4
Brandin Cooks (Hou - WR)  Round 13, Pick 10
Myles Gaskin (Mia - RB. Round 6, Pick 1
Jarvis Landry (Cle - WR) NA Round 9, Pick 8
Joe Burrow (Cin - QB) QRound 10, Pick 2
Seattle (Sea - DEF)  Waiver
--------------------------------
Kyler B's
2021 Draft Position

Kyler Murray (Ari - QB) Round 6, Pick 9
A.J. Brown (Phi - WR) Round 4, Pick 9
Tyreek Hill (Mia - WR) Round 1, Pick 9
Josh Jacobs (LV - RB)  Round 2, Pick
Miles Sanders (Phi - RB) Round 3, Pick 4
Noah Fant (Sea - TE) Round 9, Pick 4
Christian Kirk (Jax - WR) Round 14, Pick 1

Loofballs
2021 Draft Position

Russell Wilson (Den - QB) Round 5, Pick 1
Keenan Allen (LAC - WR) Round 2, Pick 12
Michael Pittman Jr. (Ind - WR) Round 12, Pick 9
Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)  Round 1, Pick 12
Rhamondre Stevenson (NE - RB) Waiver
Brandon Aiyuk (SF - WR)  Round 4, Pick 12
Darnell Mooney (Chi - WR) Round 10, Pick 5
Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR) Round 6, Pick 12
Jamaal Williams (Det - RB) Round 9, Pick 1
Darren Waller (LV - TE) Round 7, Pick 1
New England (NE - DEF) Round 14, Pick 5

‐------------‐------------------ 

Cole's desperados
2021 Draft Position

Dak Prescott (Dal - QB) Round 4, Pick 3
Davante Adams (LV - WR) Round 1, Pick 3 
Deebo Samuel (SF - WR) Round 8, Pick 3
Joe Mixon (Cin - RB) Round 2, Pick 3 
Tyler Higbee (LAR - TE) Q Round 7, Pick 10
DeVante Parker (NE - WR) Round 13, Pick 12 
Antonio Gibson (Was - RB) Round 10, Pick 3
T.J. Hockenson (Det - TE) Round 14, Pick 3 
Kadarius Toney (NYG - WR)  Waiver 
Los Angeles (LAC - DEF)  Round 15, Pick 4
Los Angeles (LAR - DEF) Round 5, Pick 10

--------------------------------------------

BoKnowsUrTeamIsWeak
2021 Draft Position

Patrick Mahomes (KC - QB)  Round 2, Pick 10
Tyler Lockett (Sea - WR)  Round 3, Pick 10 
Ezekiel Elliott (Dal - RB) Q Round 1, Pick 10
Chase Edmonds (Mia - RB)  Round 6, Pick 8
Tyler Conklin (NYJ - TE)  Waiver
Nyheim Hines (Ind - RB)  Round 11, Pick 3
Marquise Brown (Ari - WR) Round 13, Pick 3
Kirk Cousins (Min - QB) Round 10, Pick 10
Calvin Ridley (Atl - WR) SUSP Round 4, Pick 8
Tampa Bay (TB - DEF) round 8, Pick 10
James Conner (Ari - RB)  Round 9, Pick 10

---------------------------------------------

StiffArm Express
2021 Draft Position

Justin Herbert (LAC - QB)  Round 8, Pick 2
Diontae Johnson (Pit - WR)  Round 10, Pick 4
Tee Higgins (Cin - WR) Q. Round 5, Pick 6
Jonathan Taylor (Ind - RB)  Round 3, Pick 1
Odell Beckham Jr. (LAR - WR) NA. Round 5, Pick 4
Melvin Gordon III (Den - RB)  Round 7, Pick 4
Saquon Barkley (NYG - RB)  Round 1, Pick 1
Mike Evans (TB - WR) Round 3, Pick 3

Edited by AUBwins

As you may have seen, Coastal is backing out this year.  So we have an open spot.  @auburnphanexpressed an interest last year after we were full so offering to him but if anyone else is interested in joining to fill our 12, let me know.  

Our league has been going for a while but switched it to a keeper league last year.  We can keep up to 3 players from last year's team. There's a few rules we follow to select them but we can discuss once someone is interested.   The new player would inherit Coastal's team to get started, and have the opportunity to keep 3 of those players before the draft.  We also opened up the option to trade players in the offseason (none have happened yet) but this will likely pick up closer to the start of season.  Just a chance to set yourself up better for the draft. 

Our league is free and pretty much a chance to have some fun during the season and bragging rights. 

Coastal's team

Coastal Tiger 2021 Draft Position

Kenny Golladay (NYG - WR) Round 8, Pick 1 
Nick Chubb (Cle - RB) Round 2, Pick 11 
Dalvin Cook (Min - RB) Round 1, Pick 11
Rob Gronkowski (TB - TE) NA. Round 14, Pick 11
Julio Jones (Ten - WR) NA. Round 4, Pick 6
Dallas Goedert (Phi - TE) Round 7, Pick 12
Alexander Mattison (Min - RB)  Waiver
Adam Thielen (Min - WR) Q  Round 5, Pick 2
Lamar Jackson (Bal - QB) Round 2, Pick 1
Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB) Rnd 4, Pick 11