Jump to content

Smith/Kessler cards on ebay


Recommended Posts

dang i am good looking.  i kid. i wanted to tell you guys smith and kess have a lot of auto rookie cards on ebay now in case any of you are interested. i have to wait because i just bought a frank thomas. anyway if i have screwed up i will delete this no probs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites





28 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

dang i am good looking.  i kid. i wanted to tell you guys smith and kess have a lot of auto rookie cards on ebay now in case any of you are interested. i have to wait because i just bought a frank thomas. anyway if i have screwed up i will delete this no probs.

I also love collecting auburn auto cards, but I have a few rules I follow. They have to be in Auburn uniform unaltered/photoshopped. So more then likely, ill have to wait for prizm to release, as I think thats the first set with them in uniform.

I was also really bummed that there were no auto cards of Cooper or Thor last year in auburn Unis. Messed up my streak starting back with Harper and Chuma.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i saw him in uni but i do not remember if it was auto or not.i went and looked and no auto rookies with him in an auburn uni. they have a bunch that do but are plain. i never got to look at kess other than one card. hope that helps some..............and frank thomas stuff is selling cheap with auto's just not his rookie from the pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I also love collecting auburn auto cards, but I have a few rules I follow. They have to be in Auburn uniform unaltered/photoshopped. So more then likely, ill have to wait for prizm to release, as I think thats the first set with them in uniform.

I was also really bummed that there were no auto cards of Cooper or Thor last year in auburn Unis. Messed up my streak starting back with Harper and Chuma.

i was shocked to find this. one bid for 89 cents. nine hours left. let me know if you bid so i will not. i loved his antics.............

s-l1600.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i saw him in uni but i do not remember if it was auto or not.i went and looked and no auto rookies with him in an auburn uni. they have a bunch that do but are plain. i never got to look at kess other than one card. hope that helps some..............and frank thomas stuff is selling cheap with auto's just not his rookie from the pack.

I got a Thomas Auto from a Panini Contenders set (they did a collegiate throwback insert) along with a nice Barkley Auto in Auburn uni from Flawless, which I found for a decent (but NOT cheap) price. Still missing a Bo and a Cam, but they arent cheap and I have their autos on other memrobilia, so decided they can wait. Im afraid Jabari and Kess are going to expensive to snag in any of the Panini sets, so im bracing myself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KansasTiger said:

I got a Thomas Auto from a Panini Contenders set (they did a collegiate throwback insert) along with a nice Barkley Auto in Auburn uni from Flawless, which I found for a decent (but NOT cheap) price. Still missing a Bo and a Cam, but they arent cheap and I have their autos on other memrobilia, so decided they can wait. Im afraid Jabari and Kess are going to expensive to snag in any of the Panini sets, so im bracing myself.

it sure is fun tho! i lucked up on lionel little train james about three months before he died. i have a ton of auburn stuff and no kids or family. but i still collect.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i was shocked to find this. one bid for 89 cents. nine hours left. let me know if you bid so i will not. i loved his antics.............

s-l1600.jpg

Go for it, thats a good find! Unfortunately, they photoshopprf the auburn logo off their unis in Leaf, so it doesn't end up meeting my often tomes unecessarily strict criteria...haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WarTiger changed the title to Smith/Kessler cards on ebay
2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

@KansasTiger, @aubiefifty when do the auto Prisim cards get released?

it should be soon. i have seen none so far and i just looked but it will not be very long. i will give you a heads up when i see them.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Somewhat off subject but.... I've got a 1950 Travis Tidwell card. It ain't jazzy, it ain't autographed and he's in a Giants uniform. But still.... The writeup on the back says he went to " Auburn Alabama Polytechnic Institute". Anybody got an older AU card?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Somewhat off subject but.... I've got a 1950 Travis Tidwell card. It ain't jazzy, it ain't autographed and he's in a Giants uniform. But still.... The writeup on the back says he went to " Auburn Alabama Polytechnic Institute". Anybody got an older AU card?

I got into Auburn card collecting pretty recently, so I cant say I have anything that old. I suspect my penchant for getting them in an Auburn uniform will also limit the age of most of the cards I buy. But I think old cards are awesome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Somewhat off subject but.... I've got a 1950 Travis Tidwell card. It ain't jazzy, it ain't autographed and he's in a Giants uniform. But still.... The writeup on the back says he went to " Auburn Alabama Polytechnic Institute". Anybody got an older AU card?

no sir i do not. i am close with some mantle stuff but you got me by fice years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Picked up this bad boy on eBay this week. 

444C56BE-D24D-4020-BBAB-97E86C5C20B2.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as I hate the collegiate products overall (as a collector of basketball cards) I am always on the hunt for autos of players in their AUBURN uniforms.  Was disappointed to see that the Bowman U release and the Collegiate Draft Picks did not have the school branding on them.  At a quick glance I do not think there are any releases this year that will feature Smith or Kessler in the true AU uniforms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Indy said:

As much as I hate the collegiate products overall (as a collector of basketball cards) I am always on the hunt for autos of players in their AUBURN uniforms.  Was disappointed to see that the Bowman U release and the Collegiate Draft Picks did not have the school branding on them.  At a quick glance I do not think there are any releases this year that will feature Smith or Kessler in the true AU uniforms.

Not yet. I look for the same thing. As far as I can tell, only Panini products carry the right to use the branding. But their Prizm Basketball release appeared to feature last year's rookies, so we may be waiting a bit before we get what we are looking for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...