D1Baseball and the field of 64

https://d1baseball.com/analysis/2022-field-of-64-projections-may-4/

D1 Baseball, a site that is usually quite accurate, has Auburn as the overall 6 seed right now! The article is posted above for those that would like to read. 

We discussed it a bit in the Tennessee games thread but it looks like that Tennessee win gave us more of a boost than expected! If D1 Baseball is as accurate as usual Auburn is currently sitting REAL pretty. Our RPI is insane! A lot can change week to week, but if we keep winning you better get those cards ready for some regional tickets.

Edit: For a little more perspective, Baseball America has us as the overall 9 seed.

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers
  • Thanks 1

It's bad bad bad baseball mojo to look that far ahead.  AU baseball fans should know this by now....

Baseball players are superstitious for good reason.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It's bad bad bad baseball mojo to look that far ahead.  AU baseball fans should know this by now....

Baseball players are superstitious for good reason.

I played for 13 years so I've lived the juju lol. This is more of a "this can happen and we're playing for more than a spot in the SEC tourney" kind of post. If anything this should fire up every single fan we'll have at Plainsman Park this weekend. I know the terrace and parking decks will be wild if not borderline belligerent haha

• Love 1

SHHHH!!!!  Just don't talk about it That never bodes well for Auburn baseball!!!

I'm sort of joking and sort of not joking. I'm not superstitious about anything else and I am a die-hard realist. No astrology forcasts or ouija boards for me.

But I swear......the baseball jinx just defies explanation.  😳

Edited by Tigerbelle

13 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

SHHHH!!!!  Just don't talk about it That never bodes well for Auburn baseball!!!

I'm sort of joking and sort of not joking. I'm not superstitious about anything else and I am a die-hard realist. No astrology forcasts or ouija boards for me.

But I swear......the baseball jinx just defies explanation.  😳

Thus the rule: "Never sack the equipment up until the last out is made".

• Love 1