Auburn's Starting Quarterback will be...

Zeek

Who will be the starting quarterback game 1 of the season?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start game 1 against Mercer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/29/2022 at 07:17 PM

11 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I've never doubted that Geriner was the real deal, but I would rather someone else win the competition for the beginning of this season. I think he'll probably be ready to take over somewhere midseason if needs be, but the SEC eats true freshman QBs for breakfast, so it would/will be a baptism by fire if he's forced into action this season.

I'd also like us to find a competent run game and some established receivers before we throw a true frosh out there. This offense is going to encounter a lot of adversity on its way to finding its identity. I'd imagine we'd be better off letting one of the two experienced quarterbacks navigate those waters first. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1

It wasn't too long ago people would become legit upset if you said ANYTHING about running ability when discussing a QB getting a start or not on here.....

Man the game has changed a bunch from a few years ago

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 6:08 AM, aubearcat said:

Nope, just calling out what looks like obvious bs. This good coffee buddy that you’re such good pals with that you keep telling the same story about that you use the same timeline (the other day) but can’t keep the story straight (4or 5 generations, as if that matters or is relevant to qb play or the football program). The other day, for most I know, is within a week. You’re words were “a lot of time”. I’m using your words, not mine. 

You're concerned that a poster on a message board relayed the same story twice over a few weeks of posting? You object to the informal use of "the other day?". He mixed up 4th and 5th generations, so you decided to call his entire story bs? He couldn't possibly have friends that he has coffee with? And, if he doesn't, wouldn't that make you even worse for calling it out?

What a joker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

It wasn't too long ago people would become legit upset if you said ANYTHING about running ability when discussing a QB getting a start or not on here.....

Man the game has changed a bunch from a few years ago

Not even a few years, a few months ago posters were saying “Harsin’s type isn’t a running QB he likes pocket passers” seems like people slowed down on saying that after seeing Ashford on A day 

6 hours ago, cbo said:

You're concerned that a poster on a message board relayed the same story twice over a few weeks of posting? You object to the informal use of "the other day?". He mixed up 4th and 5th generations, so you decided to call his entire story bs? He couldn't possibly have friends that he has coffee with? And, if he doesn't, wouldn't that make you even worse for calling it out?

What a joker. 

Okay big’un