Psaki won’t condemn abortion protests at justices’ homes or leak of draft ruling

DKW 86

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The Supreme Court is getting ready to allow Republican States to strip away rights from women that they've had for half a decade now, and you're more concerned about the precedence and implications of a handful of people shouting and waving signs outside the judges houses. 

unbelievable. 

And The Republican Party already packed the Supreme Court when they blocked Garland then slammed through their pick right before they got voted out of power. Not as if the reputation or legitimacy of the Supreme Court could get much lower anyway. 

1) There are a ton of fails here. roe should have been codified 50 years ago. That is just about every thinking persons fault. 
2) Isaid many times that Garland not getting a vote was bad. Elections mean things and Obama should have gotten his nominee heard. 

Edited by DKW 86

Biden WH supports peaceful protests outside judges' homes. Glad we could clear that up.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Biden WH supports peaceful protests outside judges' homes. Glad we could clear that up.

Peaceful AND ILLEGAL. So peaceful that 535 folks got to together and voted extra security for SCOTUS over nite. 

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Peaceful AND ILLEGAL. So peaceful that 535 folks got to together and voted extra security for SCOTUS over nite. 

Wish our government was as proactive at protecting our rights as they are at protecting themselves. 

• Like 3

On 5/10/2022 at 8:34 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

The Supreme Court is getting ready to allow Republican States to strip away rights from women that they've had for half a decade now, and you're more concerned about the precedence and implications of a handful of people shouting and waving signs outside the judges houses. 

unbelievable. 

And The Republican Party already packed the Supreme Court when they blocked Garland then slammed through their pick right before they got voted out of power. Not as if the reputation or legitimacy of the Supreme Court could get much lower anyway. 

Then win elections. Garland was robbed, no doubt, but if HRC won, this would be completely reversed. Shame she ran such a horribly bad campaign. 

There are laws protecting judges because over time gangs and thugs have tried all that before. And those laws protect everyone btw.

14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Then win elections. Garland was robbed, no doubt, but if HRC won, this would be completely reversed. Shame she ran such a horribly bad campaign. 

There are laws protecting judges because over time gangs and thugs have tried all that before. And those laws protect everyone btw.

mt56eh14lnv51.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2022 at 8:34 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

unbelievable. 

In truth the right to abortion was not there for the first 200 years. And it was wrongly granted by 1 justice 50 years ago. When framed properly your teary eyed whining doesn’t sound so justified.

15 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

In truth the right to abortion was not there for the first 200 years. And it was wrongly granted by 1 justice 50 years ago. When framed properly your teary eyed whining doesn’t sound so justified.

And women didn't have a right to even vote for the first 146 years.

When framed properly, your argument that women don't have the right to self autonomy because the constitution didn't specifically provide for it 200 years, sounds rather idiotic and clearly misogynistic.

It's a stupid excuse for those who would deny women full individual rights as an American citizen because it would conflict with their own religious beliefs. 

That's Christofascism, which is itself unconstitutional.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And women didn't have a right to even vote for the first 146 years.

When framed properly, your argument that women don't have the right to self autonomy because the constitution didn't specifically provide for it 200 years, sounds rather idiotic and clearly misogynistic.

It's a stupid excuse for those who would deny women full individual rights as an American citizen because it would conflict with their own religious beliefs. 

That's Christofascism, which is itself unconstitutional.

That’s funny. Comparing murdering a baby to voting. Nobody wants to deny any woman any constitutional right. Just not the right to murder another human being who is completely healthy and has no choice about where to live for a few months. You are a sickening person to so adamantly advocate for such violence against a helpless individual. Whatever God you pray to you should thank them that you have already been born to you can help others kill babies. Well done Homer.

10 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

That’s funny. Comparing murdering a baby to voting.

Abortion isn't murder, and a vast majority of people, even most "pro-life" people don't view it as murder.  

Nobody wants to deny any woman any constitutional right.

Yes you do, and you are. Women have a right to abortion, and you are saying that is wrong and should be taken away. You aren't being intellectually honest here.  

Just not the right to murder another human being who is completely healthy and has no choice about where to live for a few months.

A fetus is not a person. 

Whatever God you pray to you should thank them that you have already been born to you can help others kill babies. Well done Homer.

If I was aborted I literally wouldn't care or think about it for one second because I wouldn't have been born and I wouldn't have a functioning brain capable of forming an opinion on the matter.

By Christian doctrine I would have also been given immediate access to heaven without having to suffer any of the toils, hardship, and pain that this life has to offer. That actually sounds like an exceptionally good deal to me to be honest. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:A fetus is not a person. 

If I was aborted I literally wouldn't care or think about it for one second because I wouldn't have been born and I wouldn't have a functioning brain capable of forming an opinion on the matter.

By Christian doctrine I would have also been given immediate access to heaven without having to suffer any of the toils, hardship, and pain that this life has to offer. That actually sounds like an exceptionally good deal to me to be honest. 

All thru history there has been someone saying that “somebody” ain’t really human. The BABY is in fact as human as can be. And your totally bewildering idea that getting “sent to heaven” is a great idea, I challenge you exit the door today. What a SF moment! Those children/people never got to have a life, drink a cold beer, skinny dip in the pool, to know love, to make love, to have and raise and love their own kids  You are truly sounding the bad faith gong today. Bro, I love you but you are more full of s*** than a Christmas turducken. 

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

All thru history there has been someone saying that “somebody” ain’t really human. The BABY is in fact as human as can be.

In those situations through history they were always talking about completely formed, feeling, cognizant human beings. In this case we are talking about forms of tissue that are apart of a woman's body and has the capability of  eventually growing into a full human being. These aren't the same things.  

And don't mistake me for being for unrestricted abortion access. I'm in favor of free access to first trimester/very early 2nd trimester abortions, with later abortions being more dependent on the situation and not as available. 

And your totally bewildering idea that getting “sent to heaven” is a great idea, I challenge you exit the door today. What a SF moment!

Why? I was responding to a post from JJ where he vocalized very clearly that Religion is a big part of what forms his personal views on abortion. A vast majority of Christians will tell you the ultimate goal of living and existing on this earth is to eventually spend eternity in Heaven with God. If that's the ultimate goal...and babies who pass away who have no ability to choose to follow God or not automatically go to Heaven...then?

Those children/people never got to have a life, drink a cold beer, skinny dip in the pool, to know love, to make love, to have and raise and love their own kids  You are truly sounding the bad faith gong today. Bro, I love you but you are more full of s*** than a Christmas turducken. 

As sad as that is on an emotional level..again...an embryo isn't a person. in the United States almost 1 million miscarriage's occur per year in various stages of development for multiple different reasons. Miscarriage's happen because the genes and chromosomes don't form up correctly, the embryo is missing a vital part needed to grow, the mother has some deficiency in her body in terms of nutrients, or some sort of medical condition herself...sometimes the pregnancy ends just because. 

A million miscarriage's a year....all due to natural processes completely outside of human hands. How many of these miscarriage's do we hold funerals for? How many misscarrages get featured on the news. How many police reports are opened or autopsies performed on these miscarried embryos? None....because despite the pro-life hysterics nobody really views early, undeveloped embryos as human. 

It's not a bad faith argument, and in fact it lines up with an opinion the Bill Maher holds. He's been pretty popular on these boards lately.

“It really comes down to, ‘Do you like women, or do you like babies?’ I never thought life itself was particularly precious. I really don’t. I’m serious. I think life is for the living. Until you’re born you’re not living. We wouldn’t miss you if you’re not born.” He said, “I get that’s not most people’s position.” https://decider.com/2022/05/07/bill-maher-tackles-abortion-says-life-is-not-particularly-precious-on-real-time/

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

That was some seriously weak sauce there. Everyday weak sauce.  Maher, while i like him much, I dont agree with all he says. 

See I have a brain and can come up with stuff of my own view. 

Miscarriages? Really? 

So why dont you take an exit, I mean no one around here would care. YOUR life doesnt mean anything to the rest of us. I am sure your life wont be missed by your family nor the world one damn bit.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

In those situations through history they were always talking about completely formed, feeling, cognizant human beings. In this case we are talking about forms of tissue that are apart of a woman's body and has the capability of  eventually growing into a full human being. These aren't the same things.  

And don't mistake me for being for unrestricted abortion access. I'm in favor of free access to first trimester/very early 2nd trimester abortions, with later abortions being more dependent on the situation and not as available. 

Why? I was responding to a post from JJ where he vocalized very clearly that Religion is a big part of what forms his personal views on abortion. A vast majority of Christians will tell you the ultimate goal of living and existing on this earth is to eventually spend eternity in Heaven with God. If that's the ultimate goal...and babies who pass away who have no ability to choose to follow God or not automatically go to Heaven...then?

As sad as that is on an emotional level..again...an embryo isn't a person. in the United States almost 1 million miscarriage's occur per year in various stages of development for multiple different reasons. Miscarriage's happen because the genes and chromosomes don't form up correctly, the embryo is missing a vital part needed to grow, the mother has some deficiency in her body in terms of nutrients, or some sort of medical condition herself...sometimes the pregnancy ends just because. 

A million miscarriage's a year....all due to natural processes completely outside of human hands. How many of these miscarriage's do we hold funerals for? How many misscarrages get featured on the news. How many police reports are opened or autopsies performed on these miscarried embryos? None....because despite the pro-life hysterics nobody really views early, undeveloped embryos as human. 

It's not a bad faith argument, and in fact it lines up with an opinion the Bill Maher holds. He's been pretty popular on these boards lately.

“It really comes down to, ‘Do you like women, or do you like babies?’ I never thought life itself was particularly precious. I really don’t. I’m serious. I think life is for the living. Until you’re born you’re not living. We wouldn’t miss you if you’re not born.” He said, “I get that’s not most people’s position.” https://decider.com/2022/05/07/bill-maher-tackles-abortion-says-life-is-not-particularly-precious-on-real-time/

I think you would be surprised how many people do actually have a small private event for their baby who miscarried. But yes my understanding is that prior to the age of accountability a baby who dies does go to heaven. What is that age? I don’t know. It is judged by God.

22 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

That was some seriously weak sauce there. Everyday weak sauce.  Maher, while i like him much, I dont agree with all he says. 

See I have a brain and can come up with stuff of my own view. 

Miscarriages? Really? 

So why dont you take an excit, I mean no one around here would care. YOUR life doesnt mean anything to the rest of us. I am sure your life wont be missed by your family nor the world one damn bit.

When I die I'm not going to have the capacity to know or care about who misses me or not. Whether all 7 billion people on earth mourn my passing or not one single person does, it'll all mean the same to me (nothing) because I'll be dead.

Similarly, If I had been aborted as an embryo then I would have never known that I was. I would have never known I was alive..I would have never known anything. Life wouldn't have happened..death wouldn't have happened. I would have  never really 'alive' except in the sense of I was a living clump of cells that were reproducing at a rapid rate for awhile before abortion stopped the process. 

This is why I shrug when people on here say "Oh yeah! Well, how would you have liked it if your mom aborted you?" 

I wouldn't have cared or felt anything...because I wouldn't have been developed enough in my body or mental capacity to be able to. 

11 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

When I die I'm not going to have the capacity to know or care about who misses me or not. Whether all 7 billion people on earth mourn my passing or not one single person does, it'll all mean the same to me (nothing) because I'll be dead.

Similarly, If I had been aborted as an embryo then I would have never known that I was. I would have never known I was alive..I would have never known anything. Life wouldn't have happened..death wouldn't have happened. I would have  never really 'alive' except in the sense of I was a living clump of cells that were reproducing at a rapid rate for awhile before abortion stopped the process. 

This is why I shrug when people on here say "Oh yeah! Well, how would you have liked it if your mom aborted you?" 

I wouldn't have cared or felt anything...because I wouldn't have been developed enough in my body or mental capacity to be able to. 

Dave Chapelle (Fucking Up) meme

Then off yourself/ Do the world a favor if that is what you REALLY think. 

IF YOU REALLY DO THINK THAT ALL LIFE IS MEANINGLESS< THEN YOUR LIFE IS OF COURSE MEANINGLESS TOO. Yours may be one of the most meaningless. 

image.jpeg

Or of course you could be simply wrong and doing what you always do, argue in bad faith and disingenuousness.

Edited by DKW 86