Auburn has a solid team returning

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

RB is one if the easiest positions for a TFr to come in and get playing time. 

Is it? According to who?

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Is it? According to who?

I've worked for multiple D1 programs including watching film and making recommendations to coaches on which players might be a good fit, both HS and portal. So my opinion is that RB is one of theneasiest positions for Fr.

Also the coaches of those programs who used TFr RBs durring the year. But here is Phil Steele parroting the same claim. 

https://philsteele.com/2021/07/19/2020-top-50-true-freshman-rbs-and-their-impact-on-the-season/

• Thanks 1

I've worked for multiple D1 programs including watching film and making recommendations to coaches on which players might be a good fit, both HS and portal. So my opinion is that RB is one of theneasiest positions for Fr.

Also the coaches of those programs who used TFr RBs durring the year. But here is Phil Steele parroting the same claim. 

https://philsteele.com/2021/07/19/2020-top-50-true-freshman-rbs-and-their-impact-on-the-season/

I actually agree with this as long as the offense doesn't require complicated RB pass blocking schemes but even then how complicated can those even get? On offense, RB is the easiest place for a TF to break out.

OL? Hah... just no.

TE? Same as above unless the guy is a slot type TE.

QB? Has to be a phenom most of the time.

WR? This is probably the second easiest.  Route trees and run blocking harder for WRs to learn than run schemes/pass blocking for RBs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Didba said:

I actually agree with this as long as the offense doesn't require complicated RB pass blocking schemes but even then how complicated can those even get? On offense, RB is the easiest place for a TF to break out.

OL? Hah... just no.

TE? Same as above unless the guy is a slot type TE.

QB? Has to be a phenom most of the time.

WR? This is probably the second easiest.  Route trees and run blocking harder for WRs to learn than run schemes/pass blocking for RBs.

This is the place you usually see the experienced guys in. You'll often times see the hot handed freshman pulled in critical passing situations. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Outside of bigsby, we don't have anything special at RB. Someone may prove themselves, but only tank is exciting. 

So we just forgetting Hunter?😂 Did he not do enough for you last year? bruh! 🙄

Edited by autiger88

20 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Hunter is definitely talented but Tank is easily the most talented back. Once Auburn got into SEC play Hunter hit that freshman wall and was almost non existent other than the LSU game 

What? Hunter was never nonexistent last year, he carried the load when needed and did a damn good job. I don't understand where your logic is?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So we just forgetting Hunter?😂 Did he not do enough for you last year? bruh! 🙄

I like Hunters potential, but he got brutalized in the SEC.  His YPC was about 3 and really only had 2 decent runs all year vs P5 teams.

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

What? Hunter was never nonexistent last year, he carried the load when needed and did a damn good job. I don't understand where your logic is?

You might want to go look at his game log vs P5 teams

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I like Hunters potential, but he got brutalized in the SEC.  His YPC was about 3 and really only had 2 decent runs all year vs P5 teams.

Yes but there was a few times even against SEC teams that when we needed it he got yards. He will get better and definitely has upside. The OL is what hurt the most IMO and will still hurt this year, also being a freshman and learning, he will improve I think he will definitely compete for atleast #2 RB and I think he gets it easily. Just my two cents. 

Edited by autiger88

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I already have but you can't really look at last year on his YPC because of the OL, You can only do so much with what he is given. 🤷 Tank didn't do so hot either in a lot of games because of the OL and also his ability not to read holes. 

Edited by autiger88

22 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I already have but you can't really look at last year on his YPC because of the OL, You can only do so much with what he is given. 🤷 Tank didn't do so hot either in a lot of games because of the OL and also his ability not to read holes. 

Tank had a YPC of nearly 5 with the same OL.  If Hunter had the similar stats, you would have a better point, but you don't.

21 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Not sure "solid" means  much in the SECw.

Agree. Solid in the SEC could find you finishing as one of the last four teams. 

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Tank had a YPC of nearly 5 with the same OL.  If Hunter had the similar stats, you would have a better point, but you don't.

🤔it looks to me he didn't do as bad as some of y'all are making it out to be. Screenshot_20220513-120537_Chrome.thumb.jpg.91f0b4fa775fe0f4ec3173f72133b974.jpg

Screenshot_20220513-120603_Chrome.jpg

Edited by autiger88

On 5/12/2022 at 11:59 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

He barely mentioned Oline, and when he did, he said that it should be a positive. Based on what? 

Based on having a top 5 OL unit in pass pro last year and returning most everyone. If pass blocking stays the same, and run blocking improves any, we should be ok on the OL this year. We may have to throw to open the run. Our OL was pretty good last year in pass pro.

8 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

🤔it looks to me he didn't do as bad as some of y'all are making it out to be. 

No, if you'd read better....

52 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

52 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No, if you'd read better....

Read better what? The stats don't lie bro. 

It's whatever I'm not gonna keep arguing dude. We have different opinions. Hunter did fine and will do even better this year. ✌️

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Read better what? The stats don't lie bro. 

It's whatever I'm not gonna keep arguing dude. We have different opinions. Hunter did fine and will do even better this year. ✌️

You're quoting his season stats when I specifically discussed his P5 opponents and laid out he had 2 big runs all season and the rest wasn't good.  

If you actually looked at his game log vs the total status like I told you, you'd see his 2.8yds vs Arkansas or the countless other 3.1 or 3.2 and 5 for 18yds.

Run away if you wish.  Stats don't lie when you look at the actual stats I'm discussing.

And yes, I said I liked his potential but he got brutalizer in SEC games last year.

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're quoting his season stats when I specifically discussed his P5 opponents and laid out he had 2 big runs all season and the rest wasn't good.  

If you actually looked at his game log vs the total status like I told you, you'd see his 2.8yds vs Arkansas or the countless other 3.1 or 3.2 and 5 for 18yds.

Run away if you wish.  Stats don't lie when you look at the actual stats I'm discussing.

And yes, I said I liked his potential but he got brutalizer in SEC games last year.

First off lose the attitude dude, I put the whole season for a reason not just those particular games. He isn't that bad and saying he is is statistically wrong. 

He also didn't get as many carries in any of those games as Tank did. Also you cant just put those stats out there without pointing out that the whole team did bad in most of those games. 🤷

I'm not running away I'm simply done arguing with somebody who gets this mad because somebody is challenging them in what they say. 😉

I go back to what I said earlier he got the yards we needed when he was out there, I remember in quite a few games when we needed like 1 or 2 yards for a first down he would go in a get them. Granted it didn't help in the long run but it did help in those few seconds. 

He did 7.0 YPC against Penn State so there is one P5 there he didn't do bad against, he did 10.8 against LSU. You can pick the other ones if you want but I'm just pointing out it was the whole team that didn't do very well not Hunter. 

Edited by autiger88

29 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

First off lose the attitude dude, I put the whole season for a reason not just those particular games. He isn't that bad and saying he is is statistically wrong. 

He also didn't get as many carries in any of those games as Tank did. Also you cant just put those stats out there without pointing out that the whole team did bad in most of those games. 🤷

I'm not running away I'm simply done arguing with somebody who gets this mad because somebody is challenging them in what they say. 😉

I go back to what I said earlier he got the yards we needed when he was out there, I remember in quite a few games when we needed like 1 or 2 yards for a first down he would go in a get them. Granted it didn't help in the long run but it did help in those few seconds. 

He did 7.0 YPC against Penn State so there is one P5 there he didn't do bad against, he did 10.8 against LSU. You can pick the other ones if you want but I'm just pointing out it was the whole team that didn't do very well not Hunter. 

I pulled the average numbers from sec games and put as well as look at the extreme skew his 1 good run against LSU produced. 

Hunter looked like a stud against inferior opponents then looks like a B teamer against SEC play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

PSU and LSU both have unimpressive averages with one big play. While that itself can be an argument for his PT, its a crap shoot every play where the house rarely loses. 

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

First off lose the attitude dude

It's just facts

I put the whole season for a reason not just those particular games. He isn't that bad and saying he is is statistically wrong.

It's not like we're picking a choosing games.  P5 opponents (our peers) & ones we can't over power like Alabama State.  All P5 games, he had 2 runs.  The rest were bad or nothing impressive.

He also didn't get as many carries in any of those games as Tank did

That's why we use something called and average.

He did 7.0 YPC against Penn State so there is one P5 there he didn't do bad against, he did 10.8 against LSU.

Yes.  That was specifically addressed.  He had 2 run in each of those games.  Other 7, nothing.  The other total carries minus those 2, a lot of nothing.

You want to look at 2 carries out of 100 and believe those 2 are not an outlier.  Live in that reality if you wish

I pulled the average numbers from sec games and put as well as look at the extreme skew his 1 good run against LSU produced. 

Hunter looked like a stud against inferior opponents then looks like a B teamer against SEC play. 

I don't understand why we can't just be honest with ourselves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't understand why we can't just be honest with ourselves.

Because this program is currently utter chaos with a B Team staff(on average) and a roster with glaring, unfulfilled needs. 

It's like jets or or jags fans thinking it's finally their time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, cbo said:

I like Hunter, but he is not proven against quality competition. I think he can be very good, but the jury is out (haha, lawyer talk for you). 

After that, we have nothing proven. It's a thin group. Not our thinnest, but thin. 

I was going to make a forester joke, but I like to think I’m more deeply rooted in my convictions.

• Haha 1