The party of starving babies

I’m amazed at how low Republicans will go to stir hate & resentment. Infants at the border— we shouldn’t be wasting formula on them. I hope there’s a hell.

6CB74839-FEA3-40D9-8508-4DBD55281F47.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

It's not compassionate to starve American babies to help illegals. It's cruel.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Do you really think providing formula to the babies you dehumanize as “illegals” is causing the formula shortage? And are you a satanist or an non-humanist atheist—because I know you’re neither Christian nor Jewish.

Love Refugees As Yourself
When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Do you really think providing formula to the babies you dehumanize as “illegals” is causing the formula shortage? And are you a satanist or an non-humanist atheist—because I know you’re neither Christian nor Jewish.

When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

Keep up the ad-hominems.

We have a shortage. I never said it was illegals fault. But that doesn't mean that they should be getting things that Americans who are suffering can not. It's not right. Keep lecturing those who are struggling and calling them satanists. I don't give a damn what you have to say.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Keep up the ad-hominems.

We have a shortage. I never said it was illegals fault. But that doesn't mean that they should be getting things that Americans who are suffering can not. It's not right. Keep lecturing those who are struggling and calling them satanists. I don't give a damn what you have to say.

No one said you had to be Christian or Jewish or any religion at all. I just hope you’re not one of those crazy hypocrites who claims to be a Christian while being the polar opposite. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

No one said you had to be Christian or Jewish or any religion at all. I just hope you’re not one of those crazy hypocrites who claims to be a Christian while being the polar opposite. 

I didn't bring religion into this. I don't care what anyone's faith is, I find it cruel that helping the world takes priority over helping American citizens during shortages.

10 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I didn't bring religion into this. I don't care what anyone's faith is, I find it cruel that helping the world takes priority over helping American citizens during shortages.

I know. I was just struck by how your response flatly rejected biblical teaching as well humanist teaching. I was thinking the Republican I posted wouldn’t be embraced as heartily as you did.

What do you suggest our country do with the hungry babies in custody at the border? 

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What do you suggest our country do with the hungry babies in custody at the border? 

Allocate it to those most in need. If there's some already at the border, don't send more if there's other areas completely out. Those that need it most and are depleted should come first.

14 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

You have allowed fear, anger, and prejudice to corrupt your sense of humanity.  

• Like 3

Just now, icanthearyou said:

You have allowed fear, anger, and prejudice to corrupt your sense of humanity.  

I've been here long enough to see how you interact, cast one sided blame, and treat others on here that you disagree with.

Anyone on the right who disagrees with you is dismissed as bad faith and their views are derided and delegitimized no matter how civilized they engage. If they make a post that upsets you, you make sure to tell them how terrible a person they are.

You know nothing about me, except posts I make on here. Yet that's enough for you to judge me personally and launch into a moral rant. GFY

39 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I've been here long enough to see how you interact, cast one sided blame, and treat others on here that you disagree with.

Anyone on the right who disagrees with you is dismissed as bad faith and their views are derided and delegitimized no matter how civilized they engage. If they make a post that upsets you, you make sure to tell them how terrible a person they are.

You know nothing about me, except posts I make on here. Yet that's enough for you to judge me personally and launch into a moral rant. GFY

I disagree about a lot things. I’m disgusted by a few of them, like you claiming it was somehow cruel to feed infants in our custody. Yep, I just know what you post here. 

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I disagree about a lot things. I’m disgusted by a few of them, like you claiming it was somehow cruel to feed infants in our custody. Yep, I just know what you post here. 

Right back at you.

You're lying already, insinuating I want anyone to starve. There are babies in this country starving right now that don't have any formula in their area. Yet we still have enough for those at the border. Why?

5 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Right back at you.

You're lying already, insinuating I want anyone to starve. There are babies in this country starving right now that don't have any formula in their area. Yet we still have enough for those at the border. Why?

Here’s what you said: “It's not compassionate to starve American babies to help illegals. It's cruel.” 
You somehow strain yourself to make the argument that by feeding infants in our custody we are starving American babies- which is “cruel.”

Why is there “enough” at the border? To start with, the percentage of infants in America that are at the border is tiny. The formula that is there would not make a dent in this shortage. But that relatively tiny number is in our custody and totally dependent on us for food. Unless their parents (if they are with them) are set free to fend for themselves in the free market, those infants are the direct responsibility of government, just as prisoners are. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Here’s what you said: “

It's not compassionate to starve American babies to help illegals. It's cruel.” 
You somehow strain yourself to make the argument that by feeding infants in our custody we are starving American babies- which is “cruel.”

Why is there “enough” at the border? To start with, the percentage of infants in America that are at the border is tiny. The formula that is there would not make a dent in this shortage. But that relatively tiny number is in our custody and totally dependent on us for food. Unless their parents (if they are with them) are set free to fend for themselves in the free market, those infants are the direct responsibility of government, just as prisoners are.

You're minimizing the impact of the situation.

I know we don't keep every illegal immigrant at the border. That still doesn't take away from the fact that there's not a shortage at the border.

Almost 1 million illegal immigrants have been released into the country under this administration. The DHS has been transformed into a quasi travel agency to transport illegals into the country. They're being taken to different states. They're not all showing up in different states by foot. They're being transported there by the government.

We're facing shortages yet we continue to take in more illegal immigrants. How is that compassionate for Americans who are struggling to provide for themselves and their families? It's moral blackmail dressed up as compassion to tell Americans that they want illegals to starve when they question why there's enough for the border but not for them.

9 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I know we don't keep every illegal immigrant at the border. That still doesn't take away from the fact that there's not a shortage at the border.

Almost 1 million illegal immigrants have been released into the country under this administration. The DHS has been transformed into a quasi travel agency to transport illegals into the country. They're being taken to different states. They're not all showing up in different states by foot. They're being transported there by the government.

We're facing shortages yet we continue to take in more illegal immigrants. How is that compassionate for Americans who are struggling to provide for themselves and their families? It's moral blackmail dressed up as compassion to tell Americans that they want illegals to starve when they question why there's enough for the border but not for them.

You have your narrative and your trying to force it to have a meaningful impact on the issue of a formula shortage, even claiming it was starving “American” babies. That’s absurd. You’re so hyped up on one issue that it clouds your judgment on other issues.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Nobody is dehumanizing anyone. There are people in this country illegally. Yes that makes them illegals. Lots to unpack in Leviticus 19. You all in on the rest?

Other translations describe the “foreigner” as a “sojourner”. A temporary stay or passerby passing thru. It took days or weeks sometimes for this to happen. But the sojourner did not stay and occupy the land, mooching off the government agencies and refusing to work. And if they were somehow allowed to stay if that was their desire, they assimilated. So not really the same situation. I don’t know the details of the babies at the borders, but when the government gets involved they can be heavy handed. They can “requisition” all the baby formula that is available leaving none for law abiding citizens who now have no food for their children. It is a legitimate problem. One that could have been avoided if the government would just enforce the current immigration laws of this country. Are you proposing that a person such as yourself would notify other countries that they need to follow Leviticus and allow anyone to enter and treat them as native born? 

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Nobody is dehumanizing anyone. There are people in this country illegally. Yes that makes them illegals. Lots to unpack in Leviticus 19. You all in on the rest?

Other translations describe the “foreigner” as a “sojourner”. A temporary stay or passerby passing thru. It took days or weeks sometimes for this to happen. But the sojourner did not stay and occupy the land, mooching off the government agencies and refusing to work. And if they were somehow allowed to stay if that was their desire, they assimilated. So not really the same situation. I don’t know the details of the babies at the borders, but when the government gets involved they can be heavy handed. They can “requisition” all the baby formula that is available leaving none for law abiding citizens who now have no food for their children. It is a legitimate problem. One that could have been avoided if the government would just enforce the current immigration laws of this country. Are you proposing that a person such as yourself would notify other countries that they need to follow Leviticus and allow anyone to enter and treat them as native born? 

I live in Texas not too far from that border — first, your assumption that most “aren’t willing to work” is baseless. Some of the hardest workers I’ve ever seen crossed that border to do so.

But yes, when you say why are we feeding those “illegals” when talking about infants, you are dehumanizing them. They are infants which meant not too long ago they were fetuses you would have deemed worthy of protection. Now they’re  born and less important to a lot of Republicans, but not actual Christians and other decent humans. Perhaps some of those infants were born in custody which makes them Americans— so feed them, starve the others?

And again, the numbers of infants at the border aren’t making a dent in the formula problem. I know MAGA folks like to blame folks, especially immigrants for every problem, but this one isn’t remotely rational.

And I don’t think the Bible should drive our immigration policy- I’m not a theocrat. But a lot folks are al a cart theocrats these days— they just tend to ignore the scriptures they claim to base it on.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

it is not compassionate to starve american babies but here in alabama we can not only feed them better but save baby lives by expanding medicaid but hell no we would not dare right? and alabama has been a republican state for how long? alabama leads the country and parts of the world in infant deaths. so do not give me that crap. the same goes for old folks. we could save a ton of elderly lives as well but refuse to do it. and for haters the correct response is it is not compassionate to starve ANY babies. so go cry to your own party

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

what about alabama? you use the bible for children like others use it to justify slavery. and that is old testament dude. i am sure god expected us to be better along afte a few thousand years.

11 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

jesus is watching and i am not talking about the dog named jesus in the famous joke. it is folks like you destroying christianity.

• Like 2

Meanwhile GOP demanding answers on the “ formula crisis “. Another case of poor “ leadership” similar to the ventilator shortage?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/house-republicans-demand-answers-biden-administration-baby-formula-shortage

Incoming White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters Wednesday that the administration is working "24/7" to address the formula shortage but could not name a point person in charge of the response.

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Meanwhile GOP demanding answers on the “ formula crisis “. Another case of poor “ leadership” similar to the ventilator shortage?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/house-republicans-demand-answers-biden-administration-baby-formula-shortage

Incoming White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters Wednesday that the administration is working "24/7" to address the formula shortage but could not name a point person in charge of the response.

Is baby formula a free market issue? What is the government’s role?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Is baby formula a free market issue? What is the government’s role?

WASHINGTON — The White House on Thursday said the Food and Drug Administration will finally start clearing the way for imports of baby formula from overseas to address nationwide shortages — months after it shut the main US manufacturer of the products over a salmonella scare.

But the Biden administration failed to provide any details about what specific changes would take place, an estimate of how long it would take for the crisis to pass or even when President Biden was first briefed about the shortfall.

The shortage has hit some states especially hard and is linked to a large recall by Abbott Nutrition that began in February due to safety concerns at a Michigan factory. Two infant deaths are believed to be linked to bacterial contamination.

“The reason we’re here is because the FDA took a step to ensure that babies were taking safe formula,” press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters, sidestepping the issue of why no governmental authority sought to find alternatives to the plant to stem the looming shortage for months.

“There were babies who died from taking this formula, so they were doing their jobs,” she insisted.

A White House fact sheet said that “the FDA will, in the coming days, announce specific new steps it is taking concerning importing certain infant formula products from abroad,” though a senior administration official said on a White House-organized press call that they could not share additional information on the FDA plans.

A loosening of import restrictions could have a significant impact. Currently, about 98% of US-consumed formula is produced domestically.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/fda-to-ease-baby-formula-import-rules-as-biden-faces-heat/

In other words, the shortage was anticipated, but as usual, the Biden Administration did nothing until it became a problem.  I just don’t understand this type of leadership.

Only three manufactures represent the entire market.  Those manufactures have lobbied mightily to keep exports out, even brands that exceed our nutrition standards.

Concentrated power is not capitalism.  

The "free markets" love to use the government to foil competion and, keep profits high.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

WASHINGTON — The White House on Thursday said the Food and Drug Administration will finally start clearing the way for imports of baby formula from overseas to address nationwide shortages — months after it shut the main US manufacturer of the products over a salmonella scare.

But the Biden administration failed to provide any details about what specific changes would take place, an estimate of how long it would take for the crisis to pass or even when President Biden was first briefed about the shortfall.

The shortage has hit some states especially hard and is linked to a large recall by Abbott Nutrition that began in February due to safety concerns at a Michigan factory. Two infant deaths are believed to be linked to bacterial contamination.

“The reason we’re here is because the FDA took a step to ensure that babies were taking safe formula,” press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters, sidestepping the issue of why no governmental authority sought to find alternatives to the plant to stem the looming shortage for months.

“There were babies who died from taking this formula, so they were doing their jobs,” she insisted.

A White House fact sheet said that “the FDA will, in the coming days, announce specific new steps it is taking concerning importing certain infant formula products from abroad,” though a senior administration official said on a White House-organized press call that they could not share additional information on the FDA plans.

A loosening of import restrictions could have a significant impact. Currently, about 98% of US-consumed formula is produced domestically.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/fda-to-ease-baby-formula-import-rules-as-biden-faces-heat/

In other words, the shortage was anticipated, but as usual, the Biden Administration did nothing until it became a problem.  I just don’t understand this type of leadership.

Sounds like baby formula that hasn’t been thru FDA regulations hasn’t typically been allowed. Don’t know how long it takes to unwind those. They’re not new.