The party of starving babies

7 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Whatever ICHY. You know nothing of what is in my heart. But you are willing to judge. Jesus knows my heart. I’ll go that direction.

We know what you share here.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Whatever ICHY. You know nothing of what is in my heart. But you are willing to judge. Jesus knows my heart. I’ll go that direction.

I hope you are right and, I am wrong.  Truly.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Only three manufactures represent the entire market.  Those manufactures have lobbied mightily to keep exports out, even brands that exceed our nutrition standards.

Concentrated power is not capitalism.  

The "free markets" love to use the government to foil competion and, keep profits high.  

Boom. Nailed it. 

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Is baby formula a free market issue? What is the government’s role?

Good point. Understand that folks in so called sales with those companies do extremely well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

And the people complaining the most about how all this works are the very ones brainwashed into NOT FIXING IT.

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Sounds like there are some complications:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/parenting/baby/european-formula.html

Deciding to not convert to metric system in the 80’s has some consequences

Stupidity comes with a cost and it has cost the U.S. plenty.

• Like 2

When mayors, governors, a former president, and celebrities broke pandemic ordinances/edicts like going on vacations, going to large gatherings without masking, etc.... while they mandated the little people to mask anytime they left the house and closed non-essential businesses, if you complained about that then meant you were anti-science and just wanted to kill people by spreading the virus because you didn't like the rules not applying to everyone.

If you complain about one group being exempt from things or getting preferential treatment then that makes you full of hate. You're not a true Christian if you complain about another group getting special treatment.

If you complain about the border not having a formula shortage while a lot of other places in the country having shortages, that means you hate illegal immigrants and want babies at the border to starve.

32 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

When mayors, governors, a former president, and celebrities broke pandemic ordinances/edicts like going on vacations, going to large gatherings without masking, etc.... while they mandated the little people to mask anytime they left the house and closed non-essential businesses, if you complained about that then meant you were anti-science and just wanted to kill people by spreading the virus because you didn't like the rules not applying to everyone.

If you complain about one group being exempt from things or getting preferential treatment then that makes you full of hate. You're not a true Christian if you complain about another group getting special treatment.

If you complain about the border not having a formula shortage while a lot of other places in the country having shortages, that means you hate illegal immigrants and want babies at the border to starve.

Is it someone else's fault that your religion and, your politics cannot be reconciled?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Is it someone else's fault that your religion and, your politics cannot be reconciled?

I don't want to ever see you complain about income inequality ever again.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I don't want to ever see you complain about income inequality ever again.

Be prepared to be declared you are for income  inequality lol

• Like 1

How many other countries are facing shortages but don't have shortages for immigrants at their borders?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Mexico doesn't have a formula shortage right now.

Liberals: Americans are uniquely racist. No other country prioritizes their own citizens over immigrants. Only racist America!

4 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

How many other countries are facing shortages but don't have shortages for immigrants at their borders?

Liberals: Americans are uniquely racist. No other country prioritizes their own citizens over immigrants. Only racist America!

Complaining about immigrant babies getting fed while there are shortages in other parts of the country speaks for itself, no matter how you try to spin it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2022 at 10:37 AM, TexasTiger said:

Is baby formula a free market issue? What is the government’s role?

Don't know what the government's role is but the Republicans seem to be controlling/framing the perceived national narrative.

Republicans put on the Biden presidency.... "baby formula crisis, fuel crisis, increased crime crisis, inflation crisis, more war crisis, border crisis, attack on education choices by parents crisis, biological and scientific fallacy crisis, President and VP not on same page crisis, party issue crisis"

Democrats put on the issues... "Everything is fine carry on. We got this".

No shortage of formula in Mexico or Canada.  Desperate Texas parents are driving across the border to get it as we speak.So how about buying formula in Mexico or Canada for illegal immigrants. This shouldn't be so hard.  And rather than starving our own babies, how about an emergency option to import for US citizens as well? 

And it seems more than crazy that the Abbott plant is still shutdown despite the FDA learning that none of the bacterial strains that started the shutdown can be linked to the plant.  It's as if your home is on fire and the inspectors are preventing the firetruck from leaving the station because the inspection for faulty brakes found the brakes were fine but catalytic converter was outside of spec.

Edited by Cardin Drake

On 5/15/2022 at 12:51 PM, Auburnfan91 said:

Yep, they are coming to replace you. :-\

All because we can't get our priorities straight.  White power!

Peter Cvjetanovic (R) along with Neo Nazis, Alt-Right, and White Supremacists encircle and chant at counter protestors at the base of a statue of Thomas Jefferson after marching through the University of Virginia campus with torches in Charlottesville, Va.,  on Aug. 11, 2017.

Edited by homersapien
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yep, they are coming to replace you. :-\

All because we can't get our priorities straight.  White power!

Peter Cvjetanovic (R) along with Neo Nazis, Alt-Right, and White Supremacists encircle and chant at counter protestors at the base of a statue of Thomas Jefferson after marching through the University of Virginia campus with torches in Charlottesville, Va.,  on Aug. 11, 2017.

Typical bot response. Sadly.

On 5/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, Auburnfan91 said:

This sounds exactly like Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson defending their veiled racism.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 4:33 PM, TexasTiger said:

We know what you share here.

jj loves to show people he is smart but what kills me is all dems are wrong regardless of topic because i have yet to see him side with anything non republican other than the recounts and they were mostly done by repubs. the whole dang party other than a couple of repuke crackers.....cracker for dummies..... found nothing wrong with the last election.  in fact the voting machine company actually sued to make them put up or shut up and again the only thing they could back it up with was republican lies. i cannot remember what they settled for but i hope the voting machine companies got richer. i am so sick of republican lies and distortions and people that turn a blind eye to support a crooked party. i have little for the dems lately but the repukes suck. there is no other way to say it.

On 5/13/2022 at 10:51 AM, TexasTiger said:

Sounds like baby formula that hasn’t been thru FDA regulations hasn’t typically been allowed. Don’t know how long it takes to unwind those. They’re not new. 

Inertia is the issue.  The day we had to shutdown the largest plant in the US, By the way none of the actual formula that was tested had any issues just areas where it was being produced had issues.  We know Europe has stringent regulations in place we could have immediately compared their regulations to ours if they met our standards then sample tested products from Europe just like we do here and gotten it on its way in a short time. Instead we waited to the 11th hour. 

As to the hoopla over illegals having pallets when our stores don't if we took all of it from them ( I am not suggesting that) it wouldn't even make a dent in the total shortage. It is bad optics but legally and morally it would be wrong to take it from them since it really would have minimal impact on the overall issue. Those pallets if all transferred out might help in one city out of all the US. 

I blame the Biden administration for taking so long in trying to get formula from Europe. The solution was in front of them and they waited.  They should have also provided any aid they could to help address the issues in the plant that was shutdown.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Inertia is the issue.  The day we had to shutdown the largest plant in the US, By the way none of the actual formula that was tested had any issues just areas where it was being produced had issues.  We know Europe has stringent regulations in place we could have immediately compared their regulations to ours if they met our standards then sample tested products from Europe just like we do here and gotten it on its way in a short time. Instead we waited to the 11th hour. 

As to the hoopla over illegals having pallets when our stores don't if we took all of it from them ( I am not suggesting that) it wouldn't even make a dent in the total shortage. It is bad optics but legally and morally it would be wrong to take it from them since it really would have minimal impact on the overall issue. Those pallets if all transferred out might help in one city out of all the US. 

I blame the Biden administration for taking so long in trying to get formula from Europe. The solution was in front of them and they waited.  They should have also provided any aid they could to help address the issues in the plant that was shutdown.

I blame Reagan for ditching the metric system:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/parenting/baby/european-formula.html