Coach Pink: Z Calzada Will Win Starting QB

toddc

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t disagree with that, but my contention is we still lose the games. We are guessing on DD.

While guessing, I argue we wouldn't have done worse. Finley was a 50% completion guy outside the AL gama, and never broke 190 yards outside of Houston. I think we actually win against USCe and MSST

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

While guessing, I argue we wouldn't have done worse. Finley was a 50% completion guy outside the AL gama, and never broke 190 yards outside of Houston. I think we actually win against USCe and MSST

I agree we couldn't have done worse, but that's bold, especially State. We were on our way to losing that game before Nix even got hurt. Pretty sure Finley wasn't brought in until it was already pretty much over

48 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You're the one pushing the constant negativity.

Realism and expectations are negativity? I've praise Harsin when he actually does good just like I'll call out all the bad. 

Plus, regardless of whether it is negative or not, the point still stands that the things you've tried to infer and imply from the meaning of others is at best bad faith and at worst just being a dick. 

How're you gonna be a mod then bring that high school level of argument and debate/discussion in here and not expect to be called out. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rednilla said:

but you have it stuck in your head

You have no idea what's in my head or anyone else's either. That's a large problem with you. You think you're a mind reader and you are not.

13 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I wonder why there were no adequate backups in place.

Ask Harsin. He had one former 4* prospect in D. Davis and one former 3* prospect with SEC experience in Finley. He should have been able to have at least one adequate backup ready. Sadly.........

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Ask Harsin. He had one former 4* prospect in D. Davis and one former 3* prospect with SEC experience in Finley. He should have been able to have at least one adequate backup ready. Sadly.........

...Both of whom were in their first season on the Plains, because Gus didn't have anyone in line to back up Bo. But no, his roster management was spectacular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

...Both of whom were in their first season on the Plains, because Gus didn't have anyone in line to back up Bo. But no, his roster management was spectacular.

Easy to forget that the QB room behind Nix when Harsin stepped foot in the building was Loy, Sandberg, Davis. Each of those guys are not P5, or even G5, caliber players. Maybe Davis could be but he's at Alabama State which is telling. A complete disgrace of building depth by Gus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is the Mikey playbook. Here is the blue print on him. It is simply the Skip Bayless shtick he has been doing for decades. He predicts and insists that he really actually thinks Auburn will win a lot of games ever since his beloved Gus was shown the door no matter how unreasonable and far fetched it is when literally no one else is predicting or thinking this just so when it inevitably does not happen he can go to town hating on Harsin for failing to meet expectations and act like it is this massive choke job that we did not win 10 games when everyone knows we are going to struggle to even make it to bowl eligibility this upcoming season....... WASH. RINSE. REPEAT. Once you realize Mikey is not a Auburn fan he is actually in fact a Gus fan. It makes things a lot easier to comprehend his viewpoint. 

AND FOR THE RECORD no I do not think Harsin is the answer but I also know it was still the right move to fire Gustav. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Here is the Mikey playbook. Here is the blue print on him. It is simply the Skip Bayless shtick he has been doing for decades. He predicts and insists that he really actually thinks Auburn will win a lot of games ever since his beloved Gus was shown the door no matter how unreasonable and far fetched it is when literally no one else is predicting or thinking this just so when it inevitably does not happen he can go to town hating on Harsin for failing to meet expectations and act like it is this massive choke job that we did not win 10 games when everyone knows we are going to struggle to even make it to bowl eligibility this upcoming season....... WASH. RINSE. REPEAT. Once you realize Mikey is not a Auburn fan he is actually in fact a Gus fan. It makes things a lot easier to comprehend his viewpoint. 

AND FOR THE RECORD no I do not think Harsin is the answer but I also know it was still the right move to fire Gustav. 

GET EM COACH

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I've wanted him gone for years, but if harsin is the result of firing Gus, I'd have taken another year of Gus, less buyout, and have joined the carousel this after 2021. 

I hated the hire from day 1, but I guess hindsight is also 20/20. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Realism and expectations are negativity? I've praise Harsin when he actually does good just like I'll call out all the bad. 

Plus, regardless of whether it is negative or not, the point still stands that the things you've tried to infer and imply from the meaning of others is at best bad faith and at worst just being a dick. 

How're you gonna be a mod then bring that high school level of argument and debate/discussion in here and not expect to be called out. 

I actually retracted the post you quoted there pretty quickly, because I read more of your posts and realized it was just my frustration with Mikey building, not so much about you. I'm surprised you were able to respond to it with as much time delay as there was between me deleting it and you posting your reply.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well then we are in agreement!

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:03 PM, Mikey said:

How does saying the spring game was worse than last season  have anything to do with Gus? Again, some of you should charge Gus rent for the space he occupies in your heads.

This is why they can’t find any fault in the dumpster fire of a train wreck that was Harsin last year. Recruiting, portal, coaching, playcalling, off the field issues, etc. etc. etc.They hate Gus so bad, his replacement could be the Opelika dogcatcher coaching the team, and they would claim he is a good coach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 5/19/2022 at 10:33 PM, Mikey said:

Link, please. Otherwise I call BS.

"A good head coach would have turned things around immediately..." Not what I said. I said a good head coach wouldn't have gone backwards. Sadly, AU went backwards.

AU went record-breaking backwards. But it wasn’t Gus, so they were happy! Without an SEC officiating assist we would’ve lost the Georgia State game as well. The same crowd of Harsin apologist are on their knees praying, I mean they are praying to God that Harsin goes 7-5 next year. Remember they wanted rid of Gus because he lost 4 per year, but they are hoping and praying to God above that Harsin can at least pull off a 7-5 season next year. So sad!

• Like 2