HAPvsOA

What transfer do you want?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What Transfer do you want?

• AJ Green
    • Matthew Mayer
    • Isaiah Mosley

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I prefer it to us acting like 5 star recruits just picked one school over another purely over good will and an education they willingly put on pause after 3 years anyway 

this is way less intellectually dishonest 

Actually, top players often picked top schools for reasons that didn’t have to do  with instant mega-paydays.

51 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think we had that money to give at that point, that’s just where I’m differing

I think we have a budget and we maxed that budget. Asking for more wasn’t another option 

Ah well, that would be different then.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Actually, top players often picked top schools for reasons that didn’t have to do  with instant mega-paydays.

You had the select few that weren’t getting anything under the table, and you have those now. I’m talking about the majority 

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You had the select few that weren’t getting anything under the table, and you have those now. I’m talking about the majority 

To be fair, just because they got something under the table doesn't mean that it was the under-the-table value that caused them to pick a school. There are a lot of football players who choose Alabama not for the Charger they get to drive while in school, but for the millions they are likely to receive once their ticket to the NFL is punched, as Saban has proven time and again he delivers.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just adding perspective.

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think we had that money to give at that point, that’s just where I’m differing

I think we have a budget and we maxed that budget. Asking for more wasn’t another option 

I think if we felt like adding Phillips was going to make a significant difference, we would have been willing to go higher and come up with the extra later, but it's possible that you're right about there being a hard budget with which we couldn't flex.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Gimme Mosley.

Yep, 42% plus 3 pt. shooting is a winner.  No word anywhere who if anybody we are actually targeting though.

14 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yep, 42% plus 3 pt. shooting is a winner.  No word anywhere who if anybody we are actually targeting though.

@Cardin DrakeStaff is Likely waiting to see who withdraws from the draft process.

On 5/14/2022 at 5:51 AM, ellitor said:

@HAPvsOAThere is. You have to create a new topic & may have to have made 50 posts also. As you can see I made your post a topic & created a pol for you.

Also Mosley is supposedly a heavy Kansas lean.

Thank you Ellitor for making the poll and the info. I think you are right about Mosley, but here's hoping for him or Mayer. 

16 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Gimme Mosley.

Agreed. We need someone who can hit their shots and score points... oh, and is reliable from the FT line. 

AJ Green getting some praise from his performance at the NBA draft combine. Maybe he should be higher on my list than I had thought. 

https://247sports.com/college/houston/LongFormArticle/Players-who-helped-themselves-on-day-one-of-NBA-Draft-Combine-week-Darius-Days-James-Akinjo-Jalen-Wilson-AJ-Green-Marcus-Sasser-187642184/#187642184_1

I can't edit my previous post yet, so I'll add this note here. It looks like AJ Green is considering Iowa St. & Duke if he returns to NCAAM. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4702528/jaxson-robinson

Another guy that I somehow missed is Jaxson Robinson from Arkansas. He had a hard time cracking the rotation and wasn't great from 3, but his scouting report suggests that he should develop into a good 3&D wing.

I don't remember seeing him play last year. Any thoughts on whether or not he'd be a good target?