Ted Nugent Incites Violence at Trump Rally: Go ‘Berserk on the Skulls of Democrats

Ted Nugent Incites Violence at Trump Rally: Go ‘Berserk on the Skulls of Democrats’

Jeremy Fuster

Sun, May 15, 2022, 2:50 PM

Musician Ted Nugent called on supporters of Donald Trump to go “berserk on the skulls of Democrats” during a performance on the former president’s “American Freedom Tour” in Austin, Texas, on Saturday.

Nugent has been an outspoken supporter of Trump, regularly perpetuating false claims about the 2020 presidential election and spreading conspiracy theories about the COVID-19 pandemic. During his latest public appearance, he called upon the estimated 8,000 attendees to assault those he deems “enemies of America.”

“They didn’t sneak into the White House — they lied, they cheated, they scammed, and every day the Democrats violate their sacred oath to the Constitution. And if you can’t impress your friends on that, they shouldn’t be your friends,” he said to cheers from the crowd.

“So I love you people madly,” he continued, “but I’d love you more if you went forward and just went berserk on the skulls of the Democrats and the Marxists and the Communists.”

Nugent’s violent rhetoric came just hours after a white supremacist murdered 10 people and injured three others in a deadly shooting at a grocery store in Buffalo, New York. In a manifesto found by law enforcement, the shooter cited Great Replacement Theory (CRT), a racist conspiracy theory perpetuated by major far-right figures like Fox News host Tucker Carlson and House Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik‘s that claims that Democrats are attempting to replace the population of white Americans with people of color.

The mainstreaming of such conspiracy theories was discussed on CNN’s “Inside Politics Sunday,” with New York Times correspondent Alex Burns calling it “one of the most disturbing things that has happened since I have been a political reporter.”

“This cultural shift, where this stuff is not just sort of spouted on minor talk radio stations, by fringe, state legislators. But where prominent people in Washington, and on national television, say this stuff, and there is no penalty for it,” Burns said. “And I don’t know what that penalty ought to be, but I think we can all agree that there ought to be some kind of cultural guardrail that says when you veer into that area you pay a price for it.”

• Facepalm 1

i thought making threats were against the law?

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i thought making threats were against the law?

It's a free speech exception, but it's extremely broad. It has to result in "imminent lawless action." Nugent is probably within the law. 

On 5/16/2022 at 7:54 AM, aubiefifty said:

Ted Nugent Incites Violence at Trump Rally: Go ‘Berserk on the Skulls of Democrats’

Jeremy Fuster

Sun, May 15, 2022, 2:50 PM

Musician Ted Nugent called on supporters of Donald Trump to go “berserk on the skulls of Democrats” during a performance on the former president’s “American Freedom Tour” in Austin, Texas, on Saturday.

Nugent has been an outspoken supporter of Trump, regularly perpetuating false claims about the 2020 presidential election and spreading conspiracy theories about the COVID-19 pandemic. During his latest public appearance, he called upon the estimated 8,000 attendees to assault those he deems “enemies of America.”

“They didn’t sneak into the White House — they lied, they cheated, they scammed, and every day the Democrats violate their sacred oath to the Constitution. And if you can’t impress your friends on that, they shouldn’t be your friends,” he said to cheers from the crowd.

“So I love you people madly,” he continued, “but I’d love you more if you went forward and just went berserk on the skulls of the Democrats and the Marxists and the Communists.”

Nugent’s violent rhetoric came just hours after a white supremacist murdered 10 people and injured three others in a deadly shooting at a grocery store in Buffalo, New York. In a manifesto found by law enforcement, the shooter cited Great Replacement Theory (CRT), a racist conspiracy theory perpetuated by major far-right figures like Fox News host Tucker Carlson and House Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik‘s that claims that Democrats are attempting to replace the population of white Americans with people of color.

The mainstreaming of such conspiracy theories was discussed on CNN’s “Inside Politics Sunday,” with New York Times correspondent Alex Burns calling it “one of the most disturbing things that has happened since I have been a political reporter.”

“This cultural shift, where this stuff is not just sort of spouted on minor talk radio stations, by fringe, state legislators. But where prominent people in Washington, and on national television, say this stuff, and there is no penalty for it,” Burns said. “And I don’t know what that penalty ought to be, but I think we can all agree that there ought to be some kind of cultural guardrail that says when you veer into that area you pay a price for it.”

Fidy, Jeremy Fuster? lol. 

Dude, Nugent is a guitar player from like a 70's band. Lori Lightfoot is a mayor! And a mayor that had an actual call to arms!

You, as a former US serviceman, don't need an explanation what that means nor the difference from Nugent.

Just freaking pay attention. Please. 

On 5/16/2022 at 8:16 AM, AUDub said:

It's a free speech exception, but it's extremely broad. It has to result in "imminent lawless action." Nugent is probably within the law. 

Yeah probably. LOL

6 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Fidy, Jeremy Fuster? lol. 

Dude, Nugent is a guitar player from like a 70's band. Lori Lightfoot is a mayor! And a mayor that had an actual call to arms!

You, as a former US serviceman, don't need an explanation what that means nor the difference from Nugent.

Just freaking pay attention. Please. 

you ever read his book 78? he bragged about banging under age girls and he did some hanky stuff to get out of serving. and 78 you are begging me about facts with that wild crap you put out? also if you pay attention you would know i played cat scratch fever in my first band. ted alo used to weat a t that said make america better shoot a lib. it might have been kill a lib. he only stopped after the repb softball team was opened fire on. so you tell me why i should give ted a pass? or why i should not like fuster because he sure nailed most of my talking points. and for the record when you lie and get out of the draft someone has to take your place. the same way with your boy trump. and you will swing by and leave a facepalm when every single thing i have said is true. and now you are telling me is he is too chicken to serve his country but he will talk crap about shooting his fellow countrymen? ted could line up and kiss my behind and i would still not forgive him. and if you are ok with ted the ped i have to staqrt looking at you differently.

go reread the headlines. ted is a freaking idiot and he has been pushing for violence against dems for many years. this is not the fist  time. and 78 if he was pushing for you to get hurt you would not be happy unless you are a moron. the just is still out. let us know will ya?

In the past the guys talked about hanging Hillary Clinton, called Obama a subhuman mongrel, threatened to kill Obama himself. He's just a trash human being. No surprise his fanbase is who it is.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you will swing by and leave a facepalm when every single thing i have said is true.

Yeah, I have also noticed that 78 frequently does that.

What does it say about someone when they "face palm" a simple statement of undisputable fact?  :rolleyes:

Pure cultish behavior.  

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you ever read his book 78? he bragged about banging under age girls and he did some hanky stuff to get out of serving. and 78 you are begging me about facts with that wild crap you put out? also if you pay attention you would know i played cat scratch fever in my first band. ted alo used to weat a t that said make america better shoot a lib. it might have been kill a lib. he only stopped after the repb softball team was opened fire on. so you tell me why i should give ted a pass? or why i should not like fuster because he sure nailed most of my talking points. and for the record when you lie and get out of the draft someone has to take your place. the same way with your boy trump. and you will swing by and leave a facepalm when every single thing i have said is true. and now you are telling me is he is too chicken to serve his country but he will talk crap about shooting his fellow countrymen? ted could line up and kiss my behind and i would still not forgive him. and if you are ok with ted the ped i have to staqrt looking at you differently.

WTF? You are talking about a washed up guitar player. A totally irrelevant person. Who freaking cares? What's he got like 10K followers? 100K? 

Now lets focus on reality and compare and contrast.

When a mayor of a major city, such as Chicago, invokes a call to arms, people need to pay attention. Fortunately, news networks do just that and suddenly millions of people read the story. Now it is unfortunate that only half of the country notices, like yourself. Again, I should not have to educate you on "call to arms" as a former serviceman. I would hope anyone with a conscious would call out the real culprit here and not some has been.

Look, this is simple. Please focus on real threats and not those imagined.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, I have also noticed that 78 frequently does that.

What does it say about someone when they "face palm" a simple statement of undisputable fact?  :rolleyes:

Pure cultish behavior.  

Nope. I call out your meaningless BS and will continue to do so. You obviously gave this article little thought. A shocking trend (said no one.)