Meet the New Tigers: Alex McPherson

Zeek

https://barningknight.substack.com/p/meet-the-new-tigers-alex-mcpherson?s=w

Little bit of self promotion here but I would love for you guys to give it a read. These will be daily short blurbs about our new players and their potential roles on the 2022-23 team. I know not everyone follows the recruiting board on here so this will be a great way to pass the time and get some attention towards the young Tigers.

110 days until our home opener against Mercer!

Tell me what you think about McPherson and his future here!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I think he looks like a fairly typical Auburn kicker. Which is, of course, pretty high praise. It's ridiculous to think about how good our kickers have been through the decades.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I think he looks like a fairly typical Auburn kicker. Which is, of course, pretty high praise. It's ridiculous to think about how good our kickers have been through the decades.

I think he might actually be better than Anders but yes we have been absolutely blessed. The kid has a cannon for a leg. Just needs a little more consistency from the numbers I have seen previously. He has a great mentor if nothing else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Little bit of self promotion here but I would love for you guys to give it a read.

Is this your website?

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Is this your website?

Yes! I love writing and am going to try and make a serious push at blogging daily during the week. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yes! I love writing and am going to try and make a serious push at blogging daily during the week. 

Me too!  But I am more into photography.

Well specifically I run an Onlyfans page.

Now that I think about it I don't like writing at all.

• Haha 2

My family and his (McPhersons) have been friends for 3 generations.   They are really good people!!!   I am super excited about him being an AU Tiger!!!
Some say he’s an even better kicker than Evan.  I’d settle for equally as good!😁

• Like 2

McPherson is an intriguing recruit with his 60+ range.  I had to look up the longest FGs in college history:  69-yds

He's got long(er) way to go to break the record.  Damn that picture of him -- his T-Rex arms look like your typical soccer player's.  Eat a sammi-, I say eat a sammich, boy!  Hope the S&C coach can beef him up some without losing his flexibility & leg speed.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

McPherson is an intriguing recruit with his 60+ range.  I had to look up the longest FGs in college history:  69-yds

He's got long(er) way to go to break the record.  Damn that picture of him -- his T-Rex arms look like your typical soccer player's.  Eat a sammi-, I say eat a sammich, boy!  Hope the S&C coach can beef him up some without losing his flexibility & leg speed.  

It’s not his arms we need to worry about though. As long as his legs get it done.

I am not worried about his size. If he is kicking 60+ yards in HS. Just needs to adjust to not having the tee which can effect how fast you get the ball up and can effect distance a bit. He is a great pickup.