NCAA Removes Signing Class Limits for 2 Years

W.E.D

There isn't that much quality left in the Portal so just getting bodies in not an answer what this means to me is we have to really emphasize next years class at HS, JUCO, and Portal area to get back to 85. That will allow us to pick up some Project type O-Line from HS that will take 2-3 years to develop while using Portal and JUCO to fill immediate needs while also trying to get better HS O-line. I would rather get better quality players next year then just sign bodies from Portal that we would just have to process out.

So far every Portal player we have picked up has fit a depth need starter need or has enough eligibility and talent that we can develop them.  So lets get 2-3 more of that type this year if we can then concentrate on next year.

20 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Every major program has paid players for years. Saban is just a better coach than anyone else and was given the perfect situation between program history, control, money, etc to create something great. 

Yeah, throw him out at U Kansas, or in Lubbock at T Tech, maybe at Oregon State and see just how many championships the little turd wins there!(He never won one at Michigan State because he didn't have the "cajun mafia" or the "rectal elephant club" to do his "dirty work")

11 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

Council members also adopted proposals that:

Huge, but still weirdly worded.  Better than nothing.

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

especially over the last 20 with the proliferation of money conferences and schools got through TV deals and blocked any and all access to sharing it with the players.

This so much

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

This hasn't been a thing for 30 years if anyone was honest with themselves.  And especially over the last 20 with the proliforation of money conferences and schools got through TV deals and blocked any and all access to sharing it with the players.

Carlos Rogers, Caddy Williams and Ronnie Brown, to name three, didn't have squat while they were at Auburn. Paying players hasn't been a thing here, at least. If it had been those three would have had nice cars, not junkers and more than one set of clothes.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:43 PM, GunsmithAU said:

I love seeing Auburn fans bitch about Saban cheating to win instead of just being the best college coach if all time. 

Their shady dealings are no better or worse than ours or any other programs. 

Well except maybe the U, but that's just a wet dream to have gotten to be part of that. 

bull****.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Paying players hasn't been a thing here,

This might be the most naive post in the histriy of all message boards on yhe internet. 

We've never paid players, yeah sure pal. Every school does and always has. We are no different 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

This might be the most naive post in the histriy of all message boards on yhe internet. 

We've never paid players, yeah sure pal. Every school does and always has. We are no different 

Well then, explain why those three future 1st round NFL picks were poverty-ridden while at Auburn. I'll wait.....

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Auburn is a clean as the driven snow WED, you should know that sir.  :jossun:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Auburn is a clean as the driven snow WED, you should know that sir.  :jossun:

I don’t think we are exactly clean ( your term), but I also believe Saban got things to a totally different level. Optical proof is his recruiting numbers since arriving at Bama.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think we are exactly clean ( your term), but I also believe Saban got things to a totally different level. Optical proof is his recruiting numbers since arriving at Bama.

Sure there are different levels, but pretending we didn't pay players since Dye is ridiculous.  Hell, I knew guys who talked about their handshakes after the game and these weren't even good players.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Sure there are different levels, but pretending we didn't pay players since Dye is ridiculous.  Hell, I knew guys who talked about their handshakes after the game and these weren't even good players.

Handshakes went to McDonald’s bags . Saban went to new level. Even the amount discussed with Dye was miniscule compared to what has come out since Saban got there ( supposed, as I am not a witness). 

On 5/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, Hank2020 said:

Handshakes went to McDonald’s bags . Saban went to new level. Even the amount discussed with Dye was miniscule compared to what has come out since Saban got there ( supposed, as I am not a witness). 

True and it just got kicked up a few notches with what is rumored aTm paid for their '22 class being in the $30M ballpark.  Folks are throwing out astronomical amounts of $$ to get top players AND enormous $$ to HC's & their staff.  

Edited by JerryAU