Saban v. Jimbo Cat Fight | Update: Jimbo responds!!!

Zeek

This has been amazing to watch. I have no doubt that aTm's class is largely a product of NIL money, but it's hilarious that now that cheating is legal, Saban knows he's lost an edge he once had.

He is like a broken record. Anything challenges his kingdom, he complains and gets the rules changed. 

I personally know some of his tactics, and they are sharp, but the NIL does put a big blow on his advantages. 

• Like 2

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

This has been amazing to watch. I have no doubt that aTm's class is largely a product of NIL money, but it's hilarious that now that cheating is legal, Saban knows he's lost an edge he once had.

He is like a broken record. Anything challenges his kingdom, he complains and gets the rules changed. 

I personally know some of his tactics, and they are sharp, but the NIL does put a big blow on his advantages. 

💯 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I would say we still have basketball but we got out bid for 5* Phillips. Auburn ain't broke but we sure are cheap lol. 

Why. Did. You. Have. To. Bring. That. Up?! 😭😭 It will never not be too soon..... But yah we got out bid for Nick Smith, jarace walker and broooooome too. Luckily for us Broome decided he didn't care if it was less money he wanted to play fkg BRUUUUCE regardless. LFG bay baaaaay!!!! Yessssirrr. AU basketball 🏀 is always the right stuff and juice I need to get me pumped up again.injedt this ish in my veins!!! Wooooo

• Haha 1

Prime already has stated he has not talked to Nick. He wants to be at a public forum.

Paying players is not a vice nor is it unethical. However, I hate hypocrites and liars and Little Nicky over stepped his bounds. There’s no way in hell Alabama built the greatest CFB dynasty ever without bending the rules. 

I don’t like them, but I don’t have a problem with them paying Marcel Darius or whomever. But to act like you don’t is just dishonest. 

i am disappointed no one had the balls to state emmert was covering for saban all this time as well. it would open a up a bigger can of worms but that is the thing that just jilles me about saban cheating. when you have an ncaa rep covering your behind you can cheat about any way you want and they did.

Texas A&M AD calls for SEC discipline of Nick Saban

By Mike Rodak | mrodak@al.com
3-4 minutes

Texas A&M athletics director Ross Bjork believes Alabama coach Nick Saban could be disciplined for his comments about the Aggies’ recruiting under the SEC’s sportsmanship bylaws.

Bjork told Sports Illustrated on Thursday that he has been in contact with SEC commissioner Greg Sankey about the matter.

More in Alabama sports:

Alabama gymnastics coach Dana Duckworth resigns

Jimbo Fisher: Nick Saban should have been slapped as a child

Jimbo Fisher unloads, calls Saban a ‘narcissist’, not the God people think

An SEC spokesperson did not respond to an AL.com request for comment earlier Thursday about the bylaws, which state that, “Coaches and administrators shall refrain from public criticism of other member institutions, their staffs or coaches. Coaches and administrators shall also refrain from making public statements and accusations with regard to infractions concerning member institutions and their personnel.”

Saban said Wednesday night at an event in Birmingham that Texas A&M “bought every player” in their top-ranked 2022 recruiting class while saying Alabama “didn’t buy one player.”

Bjork called that a “personal attack” to Fisher and the school.

“I don’t know why Nick Saban would say what he said except he’s threatened,” Bjork told SI. “There is a saying ... an emperor who loses their dynasty lashes out. He seems to be making excuses.

“This is personal. Coach Fisher views this as a personal attack on his integrity and on Texas A&M’s integrity. ... To have personal attacks, to say that the only reason A&M is [recruiting well] is NIL money is wrong.”

Fisher called a Thursday morning news conference to respond to Saban and blasted his former boss with a string of insults, calling the Alabama coach a “narcissist” and saying their relationship was over.

Neither Saban nor Alabama has responded to Fisher’s news conference as of mid-Thursday afternoon.

“There are sportsmanship bylaws in the SEC,” Bjork also told Sports Illustrated. “We believe Coach Saban violated those bylaws. Everyone knows NIL is here to stay. We’ve embraced it. We have all the tools and technology. We are educating our athletes and boosters. There is all kinds of awareness here. The part that is frustrating is to say NIL is the only reason kids are choosing our program. That is hypocritical and I don’t know why we are the target.

“A&M has a huge former student base. The Aggie network is strong. We’ve rebuilt Kyle Field and joined the SEC. I guess people don’t like A&M disrupting the power base of college football.”

My take is that the NCAA knows how profitable Alabama's success can be to the college football world, and they looked at the other way during Saban's rise from 2006 to today. Now, the program recruits for itself. It's practically a NFL factory.  Birmingham as a city has the highest college football viewership rating for last 12 years. It's better to invest in teams from the SEC because the fanbases there are probably the most loyal and invested in these games than any other conference except for major schools like Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Clemson. And now when you throw in these TV mega-deals that ESPN nabbed with SEC, it's highly paramount to support these kind of programs like Alabama and Georgia.

We want a fair and equitable playing field, but end of the day it's all about business, and NCAA knows this. It's better to prop programs like Alabama than it is with Oregon or UCLA where college football is fun but not the way of life there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

First off, Nicky is a whiny ass.  Every time he gets his ass kicked he complains and pisses and moans to the puppets in the commissioners office and gets the rules changed to his liking. Same ole whiny Nick...I wish he'd jump up on a stool and kiss my ass. 

His rant called out A&M and Jackson State and called them cheaters..."bought their class".  And Sankey did nothing.  Jimbo defended his program and A&M and suddenly Sankey's righteous  indignation gets up and he sanctions both programs....forgive me if I'm not swayed by this act.  It wasn't a problem for Saban to call out other coaches, but it was for one to defend himself and his program.  Sankey is like the half ass SEC officials he employs that never see the original personal foul and only throw the flag when the guy that got hit after the whistle fights back. Sankey would be a great WWE referee.

Saban just doesn't like it that athletes are getting paid and he no longer has a monopoly on talent.  Frankly, I think any stance like that is fundamentally Un American...the court struck down the notion of an amateur not being able to profit from their own labor.  If you believe a person is not entitled to the fruits of their labor, you're a *******-communist...in this case a midget communist.

Glad that Jimbo let him have it...I hate Saban and anything Alabama and I want you to hate him too.

Oh I do I was just adding to this topic to add an update. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Didba said:

You guys are killing me.  NIL is a good thing for athletes,  the way the NCAA implemented NIL however was terrible.  Hopefully, they work out some caps, restrictions, and enforcement against some of these crazy bidding wars and inducements

It isn't really NIL at all.  NIL would compensate players on a team that actually have a name, image and likeness that is worthy of compensation.  The way it is now, it is paid purely for inducement to attend a school.  Make players eligible to receive NIL money only after they play a minimum of one year on a team.  That would atleast help make it legitimate compensation.

• Like 1

The fact Saban stated they didn’t buy a single player, speaks volumes about how untouchable he and his program are in regards to recruiting violations.  Jumbo is right he is a narcissist, and probably level 1-2 sociopath.   Sounds like some politicians that have been caught red-handed but never worry about punishment.  Unreal this man is allowed to espouse his programs “by the book” philosophy when nothing could be further from the truth.  The NIL is just leveling the playing field, somewhat, and Saban knows he will have a tougher time dominating moving forward.  

I saw Julio Jones mentioned above.  I know for a fact, which probably isn’t news, that he and Robert Lester’s family’s moved into condo’s at the beach owned by bammers, ofc.  Mom was given a condo cleaning business which did little cleaning.  If you are a bammer you were expected to use her services.  This information was first told to me by a member of Julio‘s family.  It’s just the tip of the iceberg.  I know this isn’t new or surprising just an example of the hypocrisy of Nick Saban.   

Would pay to see a reporter ask Saban at the SEC media days what Jimbo meant about digging into Saban’s past.  

Also I know Sankey probably had to reprimand both but doing so essentially muzzled Jimbo.  Jimbo was simply responding to a negative attack.  Probably got too negative but these guys know the true story, but no one says anything because of the money involved For all.   I don’t blame Jimbo, he was obviously fired up and rightly so.  Saban may tone done the rhetoric but he won’t stay silent and won’t get punished for when he speaks again. 

Edited by USATiger
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

At the end of the day, regulating NIL helps Auburn tremendously.   Letting the big dogs fight it out amongst themselves is all great to sit and laugh.  But Auburn needs NIL regulation to provide equality in recruiting.  We need an enormous talent infusion immediately, we won't be able to buy ourselves out of mediocrity like Jimbo's tried to do.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Would pay to see a reporter ask Saban at the SEC media days what Jimbo meant about digging into Saban’s past.  

It makes me nervous when people are told to look in the past.  First of all Jimbo coached under Saban so Jimbo may be pointing a finger at himself?  

Second,  Will Muschamp and Kevin Steele both worked for Napoleon, they learned the "ropes" that turned them into excellent recruiters from wee man.  :-X

1 hour ago, USATiger said:

The fact Saban stated they didn’t buy a single player, speaks volumes about how untouchable he and his program are in regards to recruiting violations.  Jumbo is right he is a narcissist, and probably level 1-2 sociopath.   Sounds like some politicians that have been caught red-handed but never worry about punishment.  Unreal this man is allowed to espouse his programs “by the book” philosophy when nothing could be further from the truth.  The NIL is just leveling the playing field, somewhat, and Saban knows he will have a tougher time dominating moving forward.  

I saw Julio Jones mentioned above.  I know for a fact, which probably isn’t news, that he and Robert Lester’s family’s moved into condo’s at the beach owned by bammers, ofc.  Mom was given a condo cleaning business which did little cleaning.  If you are a bammer you were expected to use her services.  This information was first told to me by a member of Julio‘s family.  It’s just the tip of the iceberg.  I know this isn’t new or surprising just an example of the hypocrisy of Nick Saban.   

Also I know Sankey probably had to reprimand both but doing so essentially muzzled Jimbo.  Jimbo was simply responding to a negative attack.  Probably got too negative but these guys know the true story, but no one says anything because of the money involved For all.   I don’t blame Jimbo, he was obviously fired up and rightly so.  Saban may tone done the rhetoric but he won’t stay silent and won’t get punished for when he speaks again. 

Most reporters don't have the cahunas to ask the wee one that. For some reason they are scared or intimidated by him.Google some of his press conferences  to see how condescending he can be. He talks like he has the solutions to all college athletics problems. Hence Fisher referred to The wee one as thinking he is the Czar of CFB. I wish someone would ask Fisher to quit beating around the bush. Two times now he insinuates, he knows things on Saban and his past. Time to spill the beans. But Stankey has put a gag order for coaches to zip it... Don't want the wee ones dirty laundry aired

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

At the end of the day, regulating NIL helps Auburn tremendously.   Letting the big dogs fight it out amongst themselves is all great to sit and laugh.  But Auburn needs NIL regulation to provide equality in recruiting.  We need an enormous talent infusion immediately, we won't be able to buy ourselves out of mediocrity like Jimbo's tried to do.  

I agree. I can only think of one time that we bought our way out of mediocrity, but it was totally worth it. 

• Haha 1

This little dust up provides entertainment for the off season and I'm happy to see those two hypocrites wrestle around and take the headlines. 

I do however hope for strict regulations for both NIL (as it pertains to recruiting) AND some restrictions on the transfer portal going forward.  The "one time free transfer anywhere" rule is bad for most programs (Auburn) as NIL gets involved and negotiations are ironed out before a player even enters the portal.  That kind of skirting the rules with borderline tampering is flat out wrong IMO.   

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

It isn't really NIL at all.  NIL would compensate players on a team that actually have a name, image and likeness that is worthy of compensation.  The way it is now, it is paid purely for inducement to attend a school.  Make players eligible to receive NIL money only after they play a minimum of one year on a team.  That would atleast help make it legitimate compensation.

I like that limitation

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

I would say we still have basketball but we got out bid for 5* Phillips. Auburn ain't broke but we sure are cheap lol. 

Maybe, Bruce didn't think he was worth a big $$$?

16 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

He said Alabama only has one billionaire, and that’s the Yella Fella. (Don’t know if he’s right)

https://www.forbes.com/profile/tim-cook/?sh=4a68b95d3ea4

This a$$hat needs to step up with money and the weight of Apple or give his degree back.

• Facepalm 1

Yella Fella can't do it directly since his sits on the BoT but there are plenty of legal ways he could funnel his money into NIL Auburn that wouldn't implicate the school.  For instance, a charitable trust would work just fine because it detaches him from the money and from the decisions made by the trustee to allocate it.

@keesler

As for Tim Cook? I guess he isn't a football guy🤷‍♂️

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 11:36 AM, TeBoneAU said:

Awesome interview Jimbo!!!! Now lets see who has the stones to go dig up in czar's past lol!! Loved it!

Well….ol’ Jimbo worked there….obviously he lacks the afore mentioned requirements or knowledge to report…