Saban v. Jimbo Cat Fight | Update: Jimbo responds!!!

Zeek

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Absolutely!  
A program has to be willing to push the envelope in the new era of transfer portal and NIL.  Look at USC, aTm, Miami, uat/uga, Texas.  And it even looks like Arkansas and Ole Miss are tearing up the portal this year. 

Some of those programs could be under the microscope for using NIL to induce players not in the portal to enter the portal and transfer to tour school, just saying that's been thrown around as something the NCAA could punish for.

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This off-season needed a little excitement.

Yep right before media days too. Yay!

• Like 1

I’m already missing the old school cheatin.  This NIL crap sucks and I have a feeling college football is about to be unbearable 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

This NIL crap sucks and I have a feeling college football is about to be unbearable 

You are so right(as one old time coach used to say),Carl

• Like 2

This whole fiasco is so entertaining. All we need now is commentary from funny guys like Spurrier and Leach to add flavor to the discussion. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

This whole fiasco is so entertaining. All we need now is commentary from funny guys like Spurrier and Leach to add flavor to the discussion. 

What's funny is Saban "apologizing" for naming names. He didn't apologize for saying they bought players, just that he mentioned A@M by name. He is losing his strangle hold on recruiting (REC).. Its tearing him up.

You guys are killing me.  NIL is a good thing for athletes,  the way the NCAA implemented NIL however was terrible.  Hopefully, they work out some caps, restrictions, and enforcement against some of these crazy bidding wars and inducements

• Like 1

“Mike Rodak”? That has to be a joke, right? That’s one of the names people get others to read out loud for a laugh.

• Like 1

This reminds of sabn having the HUNH changed when he lost a few games to it. Then had the NCAA changed the rules on the punt formation Auburn used to beat him in '19 and something Auburn did with a timeout just before halftime of the same game.

sabn is truly a little person.

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A reprimand... what is next, a warning for a cracked tail light? 

Saban stepped in it this time and Jimbo fired back.  Jimbo has the backing of just as much power and money (likely more money) as Saban has.  He doesn't have to kiss the ring.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

This reminds of sabn having the HUNH changed when he lost a few games to it. Then had the NCAA changed the rules on the punt formation Auburn used to beat him in '19 and something Auburn did with a timeout just before halftime of the same game.

He is truly a little person.

You are right, Jimbo doesn’t have to kiss the ring but he needs desperately to win a ring. At aTm.  Averaging 8-4 seasons gets awful tiresome for fan bases and wont cut it much longer. 

19 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Ye old pot calling the kettle black here. Couldn’t agree more. It’s only an issue when they don’t get the players they want. But he is right when he says this can’t keep going like this. I don’t know the answer, but it has watered down my passion for college football. 

I would not give 2 s#$%s about NIL if it benefited Auburn. But it def does not. My passion in college football has waned because AU has been mediocre since 2017 and it does not look like it is going to change anytime soon. I AM DOWN BAD FAM!!!! when it comes to Auburn football :[ .....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 4

My husband was talking about the inequities between the state of Texas and Alabama in billionaire boosters.  He said Alabama only has one billionaire, and that’s the Yella Fella. (Don’t know if he’s right) At least he’s ours. 

I can imagine it now…a commercial with our guys in their jerseys, building a fence or a deck.  😂

12 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

These are two of the most narcissistic, egotistical, cheating, whiny baby, buttholes the sport has ever seen calling each other the exact thing that looks back at them in the mirror every morning.  
Hopefully they will turn each other in (even when cheating is legal, I’m sure those two are still cheating in illegal ways) and get them both fired and cripple both schools with heavy sanctions!!!   Oh, and maybe they can sabotage their other sibling in Athens while they’re at it.   
War Eagle!!!

The 2 most successful coaches from the Saban coaching tree are also the ones most like Saban in Jimbo and bowl cut kirby. Go figure. If you will notice he heaps continuous praise on the less successful former assistants of his while he throws a hissy fit when Jimbo and Kirby check him and do something that directly affects ol nicky in a negative way. I remember when saban threw a huge fit when Kirby first got to athens and was trying to hire other guys off sabans staff and trying to get players to come with him. Like Saban would of not done the exact same thing if he was in kirby's shoes..... SMH.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So u think we gotta be slimy to compete?

lol are you serious clarke??!?!? HELL YES WE DO!!! AU will fall further behind if we don't. Plus its all legal now. What is AU waiting for?! It is THE ONLY way to get out of this huge hole we have dug for ourselves when it comes to a huge talent gap compared to our rivals and TAMU.

giphy.gif

obviously-duh.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, aubietiger14 said:

I’m already missing the old school cheatin.  This NIL crap sucks and I have a feeling college football is about to be unbearable 

image-asset.gif

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would not give 2 s#$%s about NIL if it benefited Auburn. But it def does not. My passion in college football has waned because AU has been mediocre since 2017 and it does not look like it is going to change anytime soon. I AM DOWN BAD FAM!!!! when it comes to Auburn football :[ .....

I would say we still have basketball but we got out bid for 5* Phillips. Auburn ain't broke but we sure are cheap lol. 

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Didba said:

I am about 50% certain that in two years half the kids at A&M from this class will transfer out to different schools.

If half their 5* kids transfer they still have 3 to 4 solid game-changers from this class alone. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I would say we still have basketball but we got out bid for 5* Phillips. Auburn ain't broke but we sure are cheap lol. 

I feel like we deserve a pass on that one.  Pearl has the program running smoothly and Tennessee really needed to throw everything they are worth at Phillips as he was the only good thing going for their class.  Even with him, Auburn is still ahead of Tennessee in the rankings if I remember correctly.  There is only so much money you have to be willing to pay an unproven high school kid before you see diminished returns on your money.  I think Texas A&M will be the first to learn that.

• Like 4

I wish the SEC hadn’t reprimanded lil Nicky and Jimbo.  This could have gone on all summer and entertained us all. 😁
After all that Harsin mess, I backed off of football.  Now I’m going to have to study up in August to even know who’s on the team! I’ll get excited again then.  

• Like 1

“Go dig in to wherever he’s been. You can find out everything. It’s a shame,” Fisher continued. “Some people think they’re God. Go dig into how God did his deal.”

It's so predictable that this part of the exchange gets glossed over by the media.    Here's a coach who's worked for the man, seen how he operates his program, knows it's always been dirty on a level that other dirty programs can only hope to achieve, won many championships and built his empire doing things other programs won't and can't get away with, yet he's treated as the "God" Jimbo refers to him as.    We usually love to tear down the titans once we help build them up but no one has the will to stand up to the lilliputian and put his success in it's rightful perspective.    That's what has truly led to the imbalance of power in CFB. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, autiger88 said:

FB_IMG_1652997026820.jpg

First off, Nicky is a whiny ass.  Every time he gets his ass kicked he complains and pisses and moans to the puppets in the commissioners office and gets the rules changed to his liking. Same ole whiny Nick...I wish he'd jump up on a stool and kiss my ass. 

His rant called out A&M and Jackson State and called them cheaters..."bought their class".  And Sankey did nothing.  Jimbo defended his program and A&M and suddenly Sankey's righteous  indignation gets up and he sanctions both programs....forgive me if I'm not swayed by this act.  It wasn't a problem for Saban to call out other coaches, but it was for one to defend himself and his program.  Sankey is like the half ass SEC officials he employs that never see the original personal foul and only throw the flag when the guy that got hit after the whistle fights back. Sankey would be a great WWE referee.

Saban just doesn't like it that athletes are getting paid and he no longer has a monopoly on talent.  Frankly, I think any stance like that is fundamentally Un American...the court struck down the notion of an amateur not being able to profit from their own labor.  If you believe a person is not entitled to the fruits of their labor, you're a *******-communist...in this case a midget communist.

Glad that Jimbo let him have it...I hate Saban and anything Alabama and I want you to hate him too.

Edited by japantiger
Typo
  • Like 3