Saban v. Jimbo Cat Fight | Update: Jimbo responds!!!

Zeek

On 5/20/2022 at 7:49 AM, Kentucky Tiger said:

Didn't they move Tua's family from Hawaii?

I remember when Reuben Foster originally committed to Auburn, his family moved to Auburn and his mother got a job in the city school system. Yes it goes on every where. 

• Dislike 2

Saban has been consistently vocal about the problems with NIL. It was an overreach to claim a&m's entire class was bought. But it's not unreasonable to think a vast majority of those 4 & 5 stars were approached by the collective and #'s discussed. In Jimbo's presser he claimed he knew nothing about the collective. That's a lie. How does the collective even know who a&m is recruiting & how to contact them? How do they know which priority recruits to talk to? That info only comes from the program. And Fischer runs the program. So Jimbo getting all bent out of shape because Saben "lied", he best be cleaning his own house first. The sec sanctions were slaps on the wrist. But Sankey knows NIL is a problem and the sec had best deal with it. Otherwise this all becomes just a pro league. Biggest bank account wins.

2 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I remember when Reuben Foster originally committed to Auburn, his family moved to Auburn and his mother got a job in the city school system. Yes it goes on every where. 

Let me guess,  you're the guy I always see at AU sporting events wearing their Bama FB jersey?

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:03 PM, AUBwins said:

Well he's right to an extent.  But it is fun to see him be outbid.  Sucks they are outbidding us along with it 😆.  

Usually when Saban speaks, the rules change. So let's see what happens next. 

Yep  basically stooped Gus' offense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

But it's not unreasonable to think a vast majority of those 4 & 5 stars were approached by the collective and #'s discussed.

True. But it’s also not unreasonable to believe DJ Fluker’s tweet that he got paid at Bama, or that the luxury car in Trent Richardson’s name was paid for by a booster (and his mom’s house), or that Tua’s  family didn’t relocate to Tuscaloosa from Hawaii without finanacial help and jobs supplied by the REC. Most in CFB bend and break rules. But the level of cheating that has gone on in T Town the past decade is unsurpassed. Worse it has gone on with the NCAA turning a blind eye to what is so obvious to everyone else. Nick whining about parity is laughable and good to Jimbo for calling him out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Do you also rememver that he de-committed from Auburn and ended up at Alabama? I wonder why...

2 hours ago, AURandy1345162767 said:

Do you also rememver that he de-committed from Auburn and ended up at Alabama? I wonder why...

Like most people he most likely left for better pay and benefits, company car etc...😆

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Like most people he most likely left for better pay and benefits, company car etc...😆

True but at one point Auburn offered him a package which makes them guilty also. That is the nature of the beast. 

18 hours ago, AURandy1345162767 said:

I guess Bama offered him more. It doesn't mean that Auburn didn't offer him more to start with.

On 5/21/2022 at 7:51 PM, kevon67 said:

Jimbo speaks truth........for anyone willing to investigate the chosen one🤣

Jimbo defended a rapist at FSU.......................... Even my AU friends are disgusted at this.

14 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Jimbo defended a rapist at FSU.......................... Even my AU friends are disgusted at this.

Fisher is a piece of crap, and so is the hypocrite Saban.  College football is a trashy business and basketball is even worse.  Both of those those asses lack character.  Let them spar amongst themselves and both bring their programs crumbling down. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Yepppers that was a bad look for Jimbo............this is a bad look for Saban.

Ehh, this is a hypocrite look for Saban but he's highlighting a serious issue that affects every program with these NIL bidding wars.

Jimbo looks like a sweat hog in these emergency pressers to punch back at what Saban said.  Then the 2 part series he did yesterday is hilarious as he places the blame on media members getting their news from social media rather than trying to get the actual facts about this. 

On 5/21/2022 at 5:26 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

Saban has been consistently vocal about the problems with NIL. It was an overreach to claim a&m's entire class was bought. But it's not unreasonable to think a vast majority of those 4 & 5 stars were approached by the collective and #'s discussed. In Jimbo's presser he claimed he knew nothing about the collective. That's a lie. How does the collective even know who a&m is recruiting & how to contact them? How do they know which priority recruits to talk to? That info only comes from the program. And Fischer runs the program. So Jimbo getting all bent out of shape because Saben "lied", he best be cleaning his own house first. The sec sanctions were slaps on the wrist. But Sankey knows NIL is a problem and the sec had best deal with it. Otherwise this all becomes just a pro league. Biggest bank account wins.

Nicely articulated!
I believe by and large Saban was totally on target. Intended or not “bought” was a poor word choice because many interpreted that as cheating.  A&M simply maximized NIL signing possibilities….Jimbo’s response and personal attack was an embarrassing display. Together the iceberg of NIL was further exposed

On 5/21/2022 at 7:51 PM, kevon67 said:

Jimbo speaks truth........for anyone willing to investigate the chosen one🤣

Well….Jimbo worked for Saban. While he is up there spewing why doesn’t he lead the charge “exposing” the “evidence.”

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 5:25 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

Lagrange, GA to Auburn, AL is a lot more believable than Hawaii to Alabama. Not saying nothing happened, but at least use a highly unlikely example if we're going to throw out accusations. 

On 5/21/2022 at 5:26 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

It's pretty easy to determine who any school is recruiting these days.......it literally says it next to their name on websites and most even have a search by school.  I mean come on to say that only Jimbo or the A&M coaching staff only knows who they are recruiting is just having your head in the sand.  I mean hell my son played HS football (just finished last year) and every school we played he knew who had D1 and D2 offers and to where.  And as far as which ones to "talk to" again pretty easy with a little research on if the kid is totally committed to another school and all others are just a "hey I'll go check them out" or not.  Also if they have a 4 or 5 star by their name on recruiting sites then they would be one to talk to; a 3,2,1 or no star not worth talking to.  I would think this would be self explanatory. 

And I believe Ruben was photographed standing in front of his nice new red hummer.....wonder where he got that?????

Oh and Cam was the best money we ever spent.  Problem is Saban sees A&M has more money then Bama.  If Saban would say take a little pay cut, some of the boosters would not have to donate as much, and then they could offer money on their NIL deals.

Edited by AUfan_UAgrad