Baseball vs Kentucky

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Going to T3. Gave up one hit and first walk by Gonzo since April 2.

Expecting some weather coming in. Important to hold early lead.

That's an amazing stat. Didn't realize it had been that long.

So, pardon my confusion. Are we still in contention for a top 4 seed? I thought it was the top 2 teams in each division, regardless of record. If Auburn and aTm each finish with 12 losses, despite us having 1 less victory because of the rainout, would we finish 2nd in west, since we took 2 of 3 in College Station?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

So, pardon my confusion. Are we still in contention for a top 4 seed? I thought it was the top 2 teams in each division, regardless of record. If Auburn and aTm each finish with 12 losses, despite us having 1 less victory because of the rainout, would we finish 2nd in west, since we took 2 of 3 in College Station?

Yes. From my understanding, if we win today, we clinch it. If we lose and LSU wins, they get it. My question is what would happen if theoretically the skies open up and this game gets rained and LSU wins. Think storms are a threat in Lexington this afternoon 

7 minutes ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

Division leaders are the 1 and 2 seeds but then it goes to the best records for the final 2 seeds. At least that's how I understand it.

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Yes. From my understanding, if we win today, we clinch it. If we lose and LSU wins, they get it. My question is what would happen if theoretically the skies open up and this game gets rained and LSU wins. Think storms are a threat in Lexington this afternoon 

I would assume it goes by who won the season series which would be Auburn.

Gotta feel bad for Gonzalez. Another lightning day stops a great performance.

Luckily, we're in the 6th so if we can't resume, we win.

According to radio broadcast lighting call and delay. Could be a while. No time restriction on game today. If decided to call game it would be complete through 5. Highly unlikely

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Gotta feel bad for Gonzalez. Another lightning day stops a great performance.

Luckily, we're in the 6th so if we can't resume, we win.

Min 30 minutes. Brad Law looking at radar says a while

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

According to radio broadcast lighting call and delay. Could be a while. No time restriction on game today. If decided to call game it would be complete through 5. Highly unlikely

It could get interesting. Right now, LSU and Mizzou are both losing. If that holds, we'd be locked into 4th and Kentucky would be locked into the tournament no matter what happens from my understanding. Don't really see the need to try to squeeze this in if that happens

What I'm worried about is if one of those scores changes, does the conference dare make both teams come back out tomorrow if they can't resume today? 

1 minute ago, au302 said:

It could get interesting. Right now, LSU and Mizzou are both losing. If that holds, we'd be locked into 4th and Kentucky would be locked into the tournament no matter what happens from my understanding. Don't really see the need to try to squeeze this in if that happens

What I'm worried about is if one of those scores changes, does the conference dare make both teams come back out tomorrow if they can't resume today? 

I do not know how that works. Sure Auburns travel itinerary did not include tomorrow. Accommodations, meals, etc. not simple for a baseball team.

Wouldn’t think sensible thinking would drag this out to long this afternoon or tonight if nothing at stake conference wise

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

What is our score right now?

1-0 AU

They're saying 4 cst restart. LSU has come back and only down 1 in Bot 7th. This blows but we're gonna have to suck it up and deal with it 

LSU grand slam and they've taken a 5 run lead over Vandy. Gonna have to win this one and ...

Auburn couldn't hit water it fell out of a boat today. Haven't gotten a hit or baserunner since the 1st inning. 16 straight set down by Kentucky.

Skipper in to pitch for Gonzalez and gives up a lead off double. Gets an out but then gives up a 5 pitch walk. Sigh.

LaRue with a throwing error. Runner scores. 1 man on 3rd with 1 out.

Edit: Sorry runner was only on 2nd but a ground out moves him to third.

1-1

Edited by tgrogan21

Damn it! Armstrong gets ahead 1-2 before throwing 3 straight balls.

Bases loaded 2 outs. Gotta get out of this with the game still tied.

Sigh. Single and 2 runs score.

3-1 Kentucky

Frick weather delays, frick stupid SEC rules, frick Kentucky, and frick our closeted bammer facilities guy that pulled us off the field last weekend as soon as he could. Oh and frick Vandy too, lol

Edited by au302

GG Kentucky.

Single and another runner scores. Runner goes to 2nd on the throw.

Allsup coming in to try to end the nightmare but with the way the Auburn bats have been I doubt we'll score enough to win.

5-1 Kentucky

Edited by tgrogan21