Rane denies booster meddling in Harsin probe

aubiefifty

18 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

So your saying Saban has no knowledge of cheating at Bama?

I'm saying it's not provable. There's a difference. 

• Like 1

What happened with Tuberville 2.0? Are we to believe TT quit and he was still paid and/or were the Houston Nutt contact rumors true? 

Who, if it happened as rumored, approached Kevin Steele in 2018 or 2019 and told him to put a staff together? Did anyone on the BOT want KS to be the head coach?  

I'll have to say I don't believe Rane. There has been too much of this stuff by the PTB (some of the BOT and big money boosters) at Auburn the last 40 years directed against coach after coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Carnell said:

I could be wrong but from what I read the investigation could have been started from Twitter.  By that I mean the administration said an investigation into the treatment of Auburn players by Harsin was commencing.  The administration could have simply been using tweets by disgruntled former players as evidence to start the investigation without any help from the power brokers.

I remember it pretty vividly. I believe it was a Wednesday night that "rumors" hit tiger droppings and other message boards about some of the ridiculous rumors that turned out to be complete bs. Then on Thursday is when various outlets officially reported that his job could be in danger. On Friday there was the board meeting with Gogue confirming they were looking into things, and players comments on both sides.

What the events of Wednesday and Thursday tell me is that there was absolutely a leak because everything happened before Gogue announced the investigation. Whether from a booster or an employee I do not know. If it was someone associated with the university, they need to be terminated, at minimum. Just like the university had a duty to investigate the allegations against the program, they also need to investigate who leaked, if anyone.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, au302 said:

What the events of Wednesday and Thursday tell me is that there was absolutely a leak because everything happened before Gogue announced the investigation. Whether from a booster or an employee I do not know. If it was someone associated with the university, they need to be terminated, at minimum. Just like the university had a duty to investigate the allegations against the program, they also need to investigate who leaked, if anyone.

This is an extremely fair take.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, au302 said:

I remember it pretty vividly. I believe it was a Wednesday night that "rumors" hit tiger droppings and other message boards about some of the ridiculous rumors that turned out to be complete bs. Then on Thursday is when various outlets officially reported that his job could be in danger. On Friday there was the board meeting with Gogue confirming they were looking into things, and players comments on both sides.

snow started to slide and somebody jumped on to create an avalanche. Not clear whether this was random or organized. Someone made it his/her mission. Lot of folks who were rah rah bye bye Harsin inside and outside the fambly. Water under the bridge. Doesn't have to be a PTB conspiracy to be another Auburn mess.

18 minutes ago, AUx said:

snow started to slide and somebody jumped on to create an avalanche. Not clear whether this was random or organized. Someone made it his/her mission. Lot of folks who were rah rah bye bye Harsin inside and outside the fambly. Water under the bridge. Doesn't have to be a PTB conspiracy to be another Auburn mess.

Yeah don’t know if the PTB would be dumb enough to do that. But the fan base who whole mindset was “where there is smoke there is fire.” They are definitely culpable. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 11:41 PM, au302 said:

That place an insane asylum with zero moderation.  Also where an LSU poster started 99.99% of the Cam Newton rumors in a thread he called ATPB.  It's no wonder the salacious rumors about Harsin started there, disgusting place. 

The problem wasnt the review of Harsin by everybody who is or thinks they're in charge, it was the amatuerish way the probe was carried out - starting with the naive lack of any damage control effort whatsoever by the university.

• Like 3