2022 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal

Batting averages overall Blaine .285 Lisenby .269 Godwin .235

Batting Averages conference play Blaine .262 Lisenby .208 Godwin .208

Home runs over all Blaine 9 Lisenby 2 Godwin 10

Home runs conference Blaine 6 Lisenby 0 Godwin 3

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Because he needs a senior? I don't know. But you literally tried to play it off like Godwin hit better than the other 2 Catchers. And I proved that to be wrong. You don't like Dean so you do anything and everything to post some of the stupidest crap I've seen. I wish people wouldn't quote you because then I wouldn't see your asinine posts.

Edit: Or maybe he's losing a couple of transfers he didn't expect so he's keeping Godwin so she can play in the OF in addition to Catcher.

Look at the games in which they played... Godwin has proven herself against quality opponents. And she has a better arm than the others as shown... 

Just now, AU1947 said:

Look at the games in which they played... Godwin has proven herself against quality opponents. And she has a better arm than the others as shown... 

lol same batting average in conference play. You just ignore facts AGAIN.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Because he needs a senior? I don't know. But you literally tried to play it off like Godwin hit better than the other 2 Catchers. And I proved that to be wrong. You don't like Dean so you do anything and everything to post some of the stupidest crap I've seen. I wish people wouldn't quote you because then I wouldn't see your asinine posts.

Edit: Or maybe he's losing a couple of transfers he didn't expect so he's keeping Godwin so she can play in the OF in addition to Catcher.

Last year's juniors are now seniors. You have seniors. Can the other 2 throw out runners like GODWIN did... bats technically the same... defense goes to Godwin..

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

lol same batting average in conference play. You just ignore facts AGAIN.

Better player behind the plate of all 3 catchers is Godwin. Hands down. That is why CMD kept her..  which says the other 2 cannot get it done all around.

4 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Better player behind the plate of all 3 catchers is Godwin. Hands down. That is why CMD kept her..  which says the other 2 cannot get it done all around.

Keep moving those goal posts buddy. First you say it's cause Godwin is a better hitter. That's proven to be not true. Then we prove that Lisenby actually has a better fielding percentage and now it's all about the arm. Sit down, you're embarrassing yourself.

Godwin staying on is NOT because a Freshman who hits just as good as Godwin and is better defensively "can't get it done."

5 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

I like Godwin she’s is a good catcher but has struggled for 4 years against quality pitching.  Hopefully she will improve her hitting over the off season. If she ends up being the best catcher we have I’m all for that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Keep moving those goal posts buddy. First you say it's cause Godwin is a better hitter. That's proven to be not true. Then we prove that Lisenby actually has a better fielding percentage and now it's all about the arm. Sit down, you're embarrassing yourself.

Godwin staying on is NOT because a Freshman who hits just as good as Godwin and is better defensively "can't get it done."

We shall see..

23 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Stating the obvious truth is NOT bashing.. why else would CMD keep a graduated senior? I mean he didn't keep Handley because of Lowe and Penta.... 

what do you mean by “keep”.  Unless you personally know the clubhouse convos then you don’t know why players stay/go.  Godwin may have offered to play as a non-scholly player to provide leadership.  Maybe she’d like to be a coach.  Maybe she simply loves the game or teammates and isn’t ready to hang it up yet.  You seemed to be terribly absolute in your negative take.

• Like 5

Happy for her! Louisville has a young but good hitting coach, so I hope she is able to grow there. She will also be closer to her hometown in Illinois. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Happy for her! Louisville has a young but good hitting coach, so I hope she is able to grow there. She will also be closer to her hometown in Illinois. 

Make those trips home a lot more manageable with gas prices so high.  If at Auburn, probably limit the number of times to go home. 

13 hours ago, TD1 said:

Paige Geraghty is transferring to Louisville. 

That's at least the third Auburn player to go to Louisville in the past 3-4 years:  Chardonnay Harris, Carmyn Greenwood, now Geraghty.  Both the others finished up this year.  Greenwood hit .400 with an OPS of 1.292, 14 homers.  Harris had the 2d most innings pitched (57), with ERA of 5.25 and 6-6 record.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

That's at least the third Auburn player to go to Louisville in the past 3-4 years:  Chardonnay Harris, Carmyn Greenwood, now Geraghty.  Both the others finished up this year.  Greenwood hit .400 with an OPS of 1.292, 14 homers.  Harris had the 2d most innings pitched (57), with ERA of 5.25 and 6-6 record.

Carmyn really excelled at Louisville but Chardonnay really declined after she left Auburn. I checked on her stats from time to time bc she was electric her and her stats were very lackluster.

Edited by blakem

On 6/12/2022 at 8:57 PM, blakem said:

AB Widra of Michigan has committed to Auburn. She’s a inf/p and should have 3 years of eligibility left. She’s originally from Hoover 

I don't think it's mentioned anywhere, but Widra was the 2021 Gatorade POY in Alabama.  this gives us three Alabama POY on the roster, with Lowe and Dismukes.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Kelsey Schmidt is transferring to James Madison.

I'm sorry to see this one leave Auburn. I thought she had some skills that would help us win. Maybe just one more off-season and she'd have been ready to step into a starting role?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

She was committed to CMD at JMU before he came to Auburn

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

This tweet is from November of 2016. I find no mention of JMU anywhere else on her social media.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologize for the error.  I failed to notice the date on the tweet.  Have deleted it.  She doesn't really look 6 years older, though.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Apologize for the error.  I failed to notice the date on the tweet.  Have deleted it.  She doesn't really look 6 years older, though.  

All good my friend. I didn’t notice until I saw CMD in one of the photos and checked the date.