2022 Coaching Changes and Transfer Portal

Just for clarification:  in 32 innings Widra had 31 strikeouts.  The #2 Beaubien had 109Ks in 102 innings, and the ace Storako had 300Ks in 200 innings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Just for clarification:  in 32 innings Widra had 31 strikeouts.  The #2 Beaubien had 109Ks in 102 innings, and the ace Storako had 300Ks in 200 innings.

Yes, I was merely looking for complete games and innings, and the quality of opponents that she has faced...to see what her outings may have looked like... looks like it was a lot of 1 to 2 innings here and there...did notice she also had a few errors while pitching in those games.

I heard that the Cox kid has quit or is leaving as well. Not sure if that is true or not as I haven'tseen or heard of her in the portal... but if it's true we are needing a 3rd baseman... hope we have one coming in that can handle the corner/hot spot!!

52 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Yes, I was merely looking for complete games and innings, and the quality of opponents that she has faced...to see what her outings may have looked like... looks like it was a lot of 1 to 2 innings here and there...did notice she also had a few errors while pitching in those games.

I heard that the Cox kid has quit or is leaving as well. Not sure if that is true or not as I haven'tseen or heard of her in the portal... but if it's true we are needing a 3rd baseman... hope we have one coming in that can handle the corner/hot spot!!

Cox looked like she was pressing and not really having fun this year. Fortunately, we have multiple incoming/current players that can handle the hot corner.

• Like 3

I have an affinity for Cox and would be disappointed to see her leave.  She hit .310 for the year, with 5 homers, but only .245 in-conference.  Neither of our left-side infielders  were especially good fielders.  Cox had a 90% rating and Peralta committed 19 errors to lead the team.  I believe Milanowski plays third, not sure about Roberts and Elkins.

22 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I have an affinity for Cox and would be disappointed to see her leave.  She hit .310 for the year, with 5 homers, but only .245 in-conference.  Neither of our left-side infielders  were especially good fielders.  Cox had a 90% rating and Peralta committed 19 errors to lead the team.  I believe Milanowski plays third, not sure about Roberts and Elkins.

I believe Roberts can play 3rd as well.

49 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Garcia could be brought back to the infield as well...

I’ve been wondering about a few players based on social media. Social Media is not an exact science, but It is more predictive than we want to think.

As of now, Majors, Falisi, Geraghty, and Schmidt are in the portal. All of them have taken “Auburn Softball” out of their handle, except Schmidt. She still claims “Auburn Softball #31” in her Instagram bio as of now. Sydney Cox and Jessie Blaine have taken Auburn Softball out of their Instagram handles. Cox has included “Auburn Hospitality Management” in her handle, while Blaine has since posted about Auburn softball.

My takeaway is Geraghty, Majors, and Falisi are gone. Schmidt and Cox may or may not come back. I think Blaine will return and split time at DP and C with Lisenby.

If Cox nor Schmidt return, Garcia will start at either RF or 3rd. If Roberts is ready to play then Garcia will play right. If not, Garcia will play 3rd and Smith will play RF. 

Either way, I am interested to see the roster once the season starts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

I’ve been wondering about a few players based on social media. Social Media is not an exact science, but It is more predictive than we want to think.

As of now, Majors, Falisi, Geraghty, and Schmidt are in the portal. All of them have taken “Auburn Softball” out of their handle, except Schmidt. She still claims “Auburn Softball #31” in her Instagram bio as of now. Sydney Cox and Jessie Blaine have taken Auburn Softball out of their Instagram handles. Cox has included “Auburn Hospitality Management” in her handle, while Blaine has since posted about Auburn softball.

My takeaway is Geraghty, Majors, and Falisi are gone. Schmidt and Cox may or may not come back. I think Blaine will return and split time at DP and C with Lisenby.

If Cox nor Schmidt return, Garcia will start at either RF or 3rd. If Roberts is ready to play then Garcia will play right. If not, Garcia will play 3rd and Smith will play RF. 

Would be so disappointing to see Blaine leave. She reposted on her Instagram story a post from the Auburn Softball Instagram 9 hours ago, so hopefully she stays. 

4 hours ago, wde2021 said:

Would be so disappointing to see Blaine leave. She reposted on her Instagram story a post from the Auburn Softball Instagram 9 hours ago, so hopefully she stays. 

Agree, would hope Blaine would be part of the team.  She did not get much time behind the plate this season and a highly ranked catcher in the incoming class (Skylar Elkins).  I have been a fan of Cox and would be disappointed to see her not be a part of the team.  I imagine some of the players have to make a difficult choice.  For instance Blaine.  She arrived as highly ranked recruit at her position and fell into the # 3 catcher behind a senior and another highly ranked catcher.  Elkins is also highly ranked arriving this fall and it is unknown how well she might transition from high school to college.  Blaine may reasonably be #2 or even #1 but could also remain at #3 position wise.  There may be other teams that would provide a clearer path to playing time for her.  Just using Blaine as an example.  The same situation likely exist for a number of players.

17 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Godwin is back. Goes to show Blaine and Lisenby cannot get it done...

25 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

We have no idea how good Blaine is as a catcher but she has a good bat.  Hope she stays!

Godwin has been here for 4 years and she has 20 total hits against SEC pitching.  Lisenby didn’t exactly tear it up but had the same .208 batting average as Godwin  in league play.   However Lisenby was a freshman and has a lot of upside.  I’m not sure Godwin will ever learn to hit quality pitching but if she is the lineup next year I hope she improves in the off season.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

I think we should hold off on the can’t get it done comments. They were both freshman and had some tough outing but so did Godwin. I would say the upside for both sophomore catchers is very good. Also, I don’t think bashing players as an Auburn fan is good. Not sure where you guys went to school!?!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

I don't think the fact that Godwin chose to return says anything at all about Blaine or Lisenby.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LetsGo said:

I think we should hold off on the can’t get it done comments. They were both freshman and had some tough outing but so did Godwin. I would say the upside for both sophomore catchers is very good. Also, I don’t think bashing players as an Auburn fan is good. Not sure where you guys went to school!?!

Stating the obvious truth is NOT bashing.. why else would CMD keep a graduated senior? I mean he didn't keep Handley because of Lowe and Penta.... 

1 minute ago, AU1947 said:

Stating the obvious truth is NOT bashing.. why else would CMD keep a graduated senior? I mean he didn't keep Handley because of Lowe and Penta.... 

Maybe for leadership and depth? Still a young team. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

People should be used to this person taking any opportunity to bash any and everyone in the softball program.

Not bashing but stating the truth.... CMD has not kept or offered to keep any seniors for their 5th (covid) year until Godwin who defensively is solid and has hit better than both Blaine and Lisenby that are currently in the program. What stats prove that statement to be wrong?

• Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

People should be used to this person taking any opportunity to bash any and everyone in the softball program.

Got to be a family member or boyfriend. LOL

4 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Not bashing but stating the truth.... CMD has not kept or offered to keep any seniors for their 5th (covid) year until Godwin who defensively is solid and has hit better than both Blaine and Lisenby that are currently in the program. What stats prove that statement to be wrong?

The season averages for Lisenby and Godwin that proves Lisenby hit better? Lisenby had a better average in the same amount of at bats.  Had more hits, had less strike outs, and had a better fielding percentage. But you ignore stats as shown in the past when I've dealt with you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LetsGo said:

Got to be a family member or boyfriend. LOL

Don't know what his deal is. I dealt with him before and no matter me giving stats and everything he just ignored everything because he doesn't like Dean.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The season averages for Lisenby and Godwin that proves Lisenby hit better? Lisenby had a better average in the same amount of at bats.  Had more hits, had less strike outs, and had a better fielding percentage. But you ignore stats as shown in the past when I've dealt with you.

Then why keep a 5th year player when you haven't in previous years..

3 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

Because he needs a senior? I don't know. But you literally tried to play it off like Godwin hit better than the other 2 Catchers. And I proved that to be wrong. You don't like Dean so you do anything and everything to post some of the stupidest crap I've seen. I wish people wouldn't quote you because then I wouldn't see your asinine posts.

Edit: Or maybe he's losing a couple of transfers he didn't expect so he's keeping Godwin so she can play in the OF in addition to Catcher.

Edited by tgrogan21

Just now, AU1947 said:

Well one reason is the previous seniors were Myers players not Deans. Godwin came when Dean came onboard, so technically not part of Myers staff. Also, if you keep up with the team the previous seniors were not loved by the Dean players. I believe the team dynamic last year was much better than previous years. 

• Like 1