19 Children and 2 Adults Killed In Texas Elementary School Mass Shooting.

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not the point.  This tragedy was horrific and the left, without much hesitation, tried to leverage these dead children for political gain.  It is how the game is played, but you can’t go hard to win an emotional battle with no discussion because emotions are running high.  You don’t end up with good laws when this happens.  Take some time off and enter into some meaningful discussion.  Now, just like calling someone *racist* you have shut down conversation  How this is opened up again is anyone’s guess.

As for your *common sense* gun laws; it could be a starting point.  Not allowing a right to be exercised until you are 25 would be a hard sell and would be challenged.  The bottle neck would be a psych eval, if required, with all the psych evals going on, I don’t think there is enough personnel to go around.

They would be a great deterrent to an 18 year old bent on this type of destruction.  This guy had a plan and visualized it as he was a local.  If he knew there was formidable opposition to his plan, he would think twice.

political gain is bulll. i just want those children and elderly to have a fighting chance. the repukes certainly have done nothing. nothing. for political gain. it is YOUR guys rallying cry. you want a gun that shoots faster and be damned who gets hurt because of it. you put shiny guns ahead of children turned into hamburger meat. your side has a bill just sitting around that does not take guns away and you side chose to sit on it. you guys have been cruying the same ol crap for too many years and too many children are dying. it is insane.................

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoAU said:

Removal of a right is a punishment, whether you think it is or not. 

you guys want to stop a woman and her right to abort a baby and that is not a punishment? but it is ok to supply deadly weapons to kids and mentals and you deem it a punishment to make them harder to get or to remove them? you do not give a damn all you want is to save babes right? what the hell do you people think we are doing? trying to save lives. it is the same damn argument pretty much except it is ok for your side and we are enemies of the state? in the vein of discussion explain how you justify this?

• Like 2

{ sarcastic as hell } lets make schools have less doors my behind. ted you are a complete idiot and how you remain in  office is beyond me. what happens when a school fire starts up? they have fire drills for a reason.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GoAU said:

Sad that you live in a hypothetical utopian world where bad things can’t happen.   Maybe ignorance is bliss?   Much like insurance, I don’t plan on using a gun for self defense, I hope I don’t have to use it, but if I do have to use it I’m glad it’s there. 

Feel free to Google the process to own and possess firearms in most European countries - I’m sure you can figure it out.  

with the licensing and taxes alone you would price many lower income families out of the market.  

I have no desire to be Western Europe, and whether they are total bans or just so difficult and tedious that it becomes a defacto ban is irrelevant.  

I agree with some of this, as I said earlier.  The 18 - 21 debate is valid.  I wouldn’t be opposed to 18, but the courts seem to disagree.    Make the age 21 for all firearms, voting, tobacco, alcohol, etc.  I’d prefer a waiver to 18 for those in service. 

A waiting / cool down period would possibly prevent some “crime of passion” type shootings, but most of these type events wouldn’t be impacted at all.  Background checks are instant, there isn’t anything additional to be done with more time.   That being said, I wouldn’t be opposed to this too much.  

Completely agree with more security and police presence at schools.  

Red Flag laws sound great on paper but are very prone to abuse.   Suspending someone’s constitutional rights and then having to prove yourself innocent to restore your rights in unconstitutional in every way.  If someone is that big of a threat, have them committed.  

It is a Right - people have no need or requirement to prove to you need vs want. For many it is a hobby, you are correct, but it is also for protection, hunting, recreation, etc. 

I’m most cases a shotgun is an inferior weapon to other choices.  But Joe Biden says that’s all you need, so there’s that…

the only abuse i see is you blaming any and everything and doing nothing. you have shown you do not care who the hell dies as long as you have your mighty peashooter. you even brag about cleaning the worlds gene pool like you glorify death. i hope it is not but it is a bad look in this argument.

• Like 1

Rep. Paul Gosar, an Arizona Republican, said of the shooter in a since-deleted tweet, “It’s a transsexual leftist illegal alien named Salvatore Ramos.”

how special and uncaring. now you guys are gaslighting dems or those on the left who are actually trying to save lives instead of ignoring 79 percent of americans who want meaningful change. i guess that NRA blood money is good...........

• Like 1

some on the rights solution.......

Here’s what Rep Randy Fine said on Twitter: “I have news for the embarrassment that claims to be our president — try to take our guns and you’ll learn why the Second Amendment was written in the first place.”  this is all you guys can come up with?

here is what happened when we had assault weapons ban:

The president said, in part: “When we passed the assault weapons ban, mass shootings went down. When the law expired, mass shootings tripled.

I realize this isn't related to the news story, but I thought this was too interesting not to share while we're at it on the gun conversation.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/25/1101181842/nra-trump-speech-guns-banned-houston

This NRA conference in Houston has announced that guns are banned for this event.

If "guns don't kill people, people kill people" why did the NRA ban guns from this event? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody would ever claim that you shouldn't own those guns.  None of the discussion is about restricting your ownership of those weapons.

I have a 20 ga 870 Wingmaster that was given to me by my dad when I was 16. 

Mine was given to my by my uncle on my 18th birthday. Love that ole girl. 

I'm sorry but I don't trust todays "leaders" and government under the current circumstances. I've seen enough. Like I've said before if they want to pass a constitutional amendment to take them away from me I'll reluctantly comply and move to the Islands. 

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

political gain is bulll

Why do you think Beto showed up at that press conference?

• Like 1

some on the rights solution.......

Here’s what Rep Randy Fine said on Twitter: “I have news for the embarrassment that claims to be our president — try to take our guns and you’ll learn why the Second Amendment was written in the first place.”  this is all you guys can come up with?

here is what happened when we had assault weapons ban:

The president said, in part: “When we passed the assault weapons ban, mass shootings went down. When the law expired, mass shootings tripled.

Well he said the country would be much safer when he became President. Looks like you can chalk that up as another fairy tale. Until they get serious about the moral decay of the country nothing is going to stop this runaway train we're on. my opinion....

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why do you think Beto showed up at that press conference?

Yeah, Evil old Beto getting all passionate about the murder of children in his own States schools. 

Why cant he just be like the Republicans, throw his hands in the air and say: "This is beyond anything we can do to stop"  "thoughts and prayers to the families" . "lets not make this political and just forget about it and move on" "Have we tried locking school doors?" 

Why can't Beto just shut up, sit down, and let the Republican prayers handle this situation.  And Beto is right when he questions Abbotts claim that this was "unpredictable". Why is it unpredictable when this type of thing happens on a yearly basis in the United States? The only thing unpredictable about School Shootings in the U.S. is determining which school will be the next target. 

“You said this was not predictable? This is totally predictable when you choose not to do anything,” he said, blaming Abbott’s policies for the shooting at Robb Elementary School that left 19 children and two adults dead Tuesday morning.

Last year, Abbott signed into law legislation that allows most Texans to buy a handgun without a permit.

“Those are … solutions that have been brought up by the people of Texas, each one of those has broad bipartisan support,” O’Rourke said. “Right now we could get that done if we had a governor who cared more about the people of Texas than he does his own political career or his fealty to the NRA.”

The National Rifle Association is holding its annual conference in Houston this weekend. Abbott is scheduled to make an appearance.

O’Rourke called out Abbott for talking about mental health in the press conference, when “it is insane that we allow an 18-year-old to go in and buy an AR-15.”

The suspect in the shooting is an 18-year-old male. He was killed by law enforcement.

According to law enforcement officials, the suspect bought two semi-automatic rifles in March at a local sporting goods store.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah, Evil old Beto getting all passionate about the murder of children in his own States schools. 

The point being; Beto was standing on the bodies of 19.children to make political points in the Governors race in the state of Texas.  It is disgusting.  As the Mayor of Uvalde, Texas stated:  “you are a sick SOB”.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The point being; Beto was standing on the bodies of 19.children to make political points in the Governors race in the state of Texas.  It is disgusting.  As the Mayor of Uvalde, Texas stated:  “you are a sick SOB”.

Maybe he was trying to make political theater, but when it comes to piles of dead children happening over and over and over again I'll take politicians with some backbone and willing to be passionate over the continual, somber, sad, "ah shucks, this is so terrible...what can you do?" we get from the people in power in Texas. 

Not to mention the irony of all these Republicans who assure us that Guns aren't the problem and have nothing to do with this situation a few days before they are to deliver speeches at a NRA rally. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys want to stop a woman and her right to abort a baby and that is not a punishment? but it is ok to supply deadly weapons to kids and mentals and you deem it a punishment to make them harder to get or to remove them? you do not give a damn all you want is to save babes right? what the hell do you people think we are doing? trying to save lives. it is the same damn argument pretty much except it is ok for your side and we are enemies of the state? in the vein of discussion explain how you justify this?

First of all, you need to step back and calm down.  Your inability to have a rational discussion without losing your mind is concerning.  

If you’d like to conflate this with abortion we can, but it’s like comparing apples and footballs.  The issue is not restricting the mothers right to an abortion, it is preventing the killing of a child.  Personally, I disagree with abortion, but would be willing to compromise to something around allowing it in early stages - perhaps around a heartbeat or brain formation.  I absolutely stand against 2nd and 3rd trimester abortion.  

I never said anything about supplying weapons to children and “mentals”.  You need to read a little more before you get your rant on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Maybe he was trying to make political theater, but when it comes to piles of dead children happening over and over and over again I'll take politicians with some backbone and willing to be passionate over the continual, somber, sad, "ah shucks, this is so terrible...what can you do?" we get from the people in power in Texas. 

He has every right to voice his opinion, but why crash a press conference designed to give information about a horrible tragedy?  Set up your own press conference outside of a press conference for parents to get more information about this tragedy.

the only abuse i see is you blaming any and everything and doing nothing. you have shown you do not care who the hell dies as long as you have your mighty peashooter. you even brag about cleaning the worlds gene pool like you glorify death. i hope it is not but it is a bad look in this argument.

I have blamed nothing, and absolutely have proposed to do something.  The thing you refuse to understand is my proposal is to address the CAUSE of these events, not an inanimate object.  The guns aren’t causing the shootings.  Even if we were magically able to make all guns disappear, these idiots will find other ways to kill large numbers of people (cars, bombs, etc).  In interim there are definitely things we can do to secure schools.  

You have no idea what I care about, and your ignorant assertions are not productive.  

if you want to bring up my signature - yes, I am very proud of my service in the Army, and there are certainly elements of the human gene pool that we would be better off without.  I’ve “done something” to serve and protect others rather than just ranting about banning things.  

have a nice day. 

4 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

image.png

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/25/greg-abbott-political-fundraiser-uvalde-shooting/

Why do you think Greg Abbott went to a fundraiser hours after the shooting?

I would guess it was the reason stated by the spokesperson just below the headline. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

I have blamed nothing, and absolutely have proposed to do something.  The thing you refuse to understand is my proposal is to address the CAUSE of these events, not an inanimate object.  The guns aren’t causing the shootings.  Even if we were magically able to make all guns disappear, these idiots will find other ways to kill large numbers of people (cars, bombs, etc).  In interim there are definitely things we can do to secure schools.  

You have no idea what I care about, and your ignorant assertions are not productive.  

if you want to bring up my signature - yes, I am very proud of my service in the Army, and there are certainly elements of the human gene pool that we would be better off without.  I’ve “done something” to serve and protect others rather than just ranting about banning things.  

have a nice day. 

Why do you think the NRA conference happening in Houston has banned the guns?

"If people kill people, not guns" is true, why isn't this the case for this event?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I would guess it was the reason stated by the spokesperson just below the headline. 🤷‍♂️

So, the fundraiser is that important to attend even with the emergency that has left a massacre? Am I understanding you correctly? My God.

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He has every right to voice his opinion, but why crash a press conference designed to give information about a horrible tragedy?  Set up your own press conference outside of a press conference for parents to get more information about this tragedy.

It would probably help if that press conference had been a bipartisan effort instead of a partisan photo op.  There wasn't one Democrat on the stage.  That tells me the point of the entire thing is less about finding real solutions to mass shootings and more about posturing for political purposes.

11 minutes ago, GoAU said:

The guns aren’t causing the shootings.  Even if we were magically able to make all guns disappear, these idiots will find other ways to kill large numbers of people (cars, bombs, etc).  In interim there are definitely things we can do to secure schools. 

Here's the thing though - while I agree that *some* killings will still happen, the data from multiple other nations in the world shows that assuming "they'll just find another way" isn't really true.  Other nations like us experience FAR fewer incidents of mass killing.  Far fewer homicides in general as well.  There's nothing you can do to perfectly eliminate murder or mass murder because there will always be people desiring to indiscriminately harm others.  But you can make it far more difficult to pull off - to obtain the kinds of things it takes to easily kill a lot of people quickly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Why do you think the NRA conference happening in Houston has banned the guns?

"If people kill people, not guns" is true, why isn't this the case for this event?

How many gun show shootings have there been?  

how many shootings at gun stores, ranges, or competitive shooting events?  

If your assertion was accurate, these types of things would be bloodbaths.  

94% of mass shootings happen in gun free zones or in places where the average citizens are significant hindered from carrying weapons or defending themselves.   That’s why murderers choose these targets, along with trying to gain maximum shock value.  

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

It would probably help if that press conference had been a bipartisan effort instead of a partisan photo op.  There wasn't one Democrat on the stage.  That tells me the point of the entire thing is less about finding real solutions to mass shootings and more about posturing for political purposes.

I don’t think the purpose of the press conference was to find solutions to mass shootings, I believe it was to give an update about the shooting.  That should come later.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Come on, man. The largest school shooting since Sandy Hook just occurred in his state. Attending a fundraiser is a very bad look.

"Prior commitments" is a hilarious cop out. 

• Like 1