Baseball vs SEC Tournament

Looking like a long week. Think it 5 games behind. Lot of scenarios being tossed around to get it in.

One game elimination.

7 inning games………

See how tomorrow plays out. Feel that a win over Kentucky would solidify our host position.

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Looking like a long week. Think it 5 games behind. Lot of scenarios being tossed around to get it in.

One game elimination.

7 inning games………

See how tomorrow plays out. Feel that a win over Kentucky would solidify our host position.

Anybody got a time for Auburn tomorrow?

EDIT: TV channel 12 out of Montgomery is now saying AU will play at 9:30 AM tomorrow. (Wednesday)

Edited by Mikey

doubtful any games are played today....weather has left the AL coast this morning but its all heading straight north.  i'd think serious adjustments about to be made concerning this tourney.

10 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

doubtful any games are played today....weather has left the AL coast this morning but its all heading straight north.  i'd think serious adjustments about to be made concerning this tourney.

I'm about 10 miles north of the stadium and it is starting to rain here now.   Rain is expected for most of the day.  Tomorrow's forecast isn't any better.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Anybody got a time for Auburn tomorrow?

EDIT: TV channel 12 out of Montgomery is now saying AU will play at 9:30 AM tomorrow. (Wednesday)

Scheduled for 9:30 this morning. Looks like Hoover needs to come with some way to put a dome over stadium today.

1245 1st pitch now, supposedly.  geez what a mess.  i just want AU to win a few and secure regional host, and then let the cards fall where they may.

Hoover built an exact replica of the stadium on the practice fields in the back. It's a last ditch option, but it was built for this purpose so that they can go two games at once. Teams usually take batting practice there. Personally my guess is they move to single elimination if they don't think they can get 3 games in today 

• Thanks 1

Skipper got the start and went 3 scoreless innings before Bright came in and immediately gave up a walk, wild pitch, and a single. Peirce saved another run because KY hit a ball in shallow right and he came up firing to first to get the ground out.

DiChiara's slump continues as Auburn had runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and he struck out on a ball. His average is now under .380 after being around .460 about 3-4 weeks ago. He is 9 for his last 44 for a .205 average since since 4/24.

1-0 Kentucky B4th

Peirce with a double to lead off the half inning! Carlson walks!

Moore with an awful bunt to the right side of the mound right to the 1st baseman Peirce is out at 3rd. Play reviewed and upheld.

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Skipper got the start and went 3 scoreless innings before Bright came in and immediately gave up a walk, wild pitch, and a single. Peirce saved another run because KY hit a ball in shallow right and he came up firing to first to get the ground out.

DiChiara's slump continues as Auburn had runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and he struck out on a ball. His average is now under .380 after being around .460 about 3-4 weeks ago. He is 9 for his last 44 for a .205 average since since 4/24.

1-0 Kentucky B4th

3 scoreless with 7 Ks!!!   I wish he could’ve stayed in another inning or 2.   
Someone has got to start hitting the ball!!!! ….I mean for AU, not the other team ….obviously.  🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Peirce with a double to lead off the half inning! Carlson walks!

Moore with an awful bunt to the right side of the mound right to the 1st baseman Peirce is out at 3rd. Play reviewed and upheld.

🤬

1 pitch fly out for Howell. No runner advances. Sigh

Land falls behind 0-2. Goes down on a checked swing on a ball WAY inside and in the dirt.

More disappointing at bats.

1-0 Kentucky T5th

2 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

3 scoreless with 7 Ks!!!   I wish he could’ve stayed in another inning or 2.   
Someone has got to start hitting the ball!!!! ….I mean for AU, not the other team ….obviously.  🤣

Should have mentioned that in my post. Was trying to get caught up while trying to also watch the game. :P That was a good outing from Skipper and I also wish he stayed in the game another inning.

• Like 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

1 pitch fly out for Howell. No runner advances. Sigh

Land falls behind 0-2. Goes down on a checked swing on a ball WAY inside and in the dirt.

More disappointing at bats.

1-0 Kentucky T5th

#missedopportunities🤦‍♂️😵🤬

• Angry 1

Sheer stupidity by Moore on that bunt.  Do they not teach them situational execution, or he just have a brain fart?  Cost us a run for sure.

Bright hits the batter on the first pitch of the 5th.

Comes back and gets a strike out.

Great double play! Grounder to Rambusch and around the horn!

1-0 Kentucky B5th

5 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Sheer stupidity by Moore on that bunt.  Do they not teach them situational execution, or he just have a brain fart?  Cost us a run for sure.

I've been disappointed by a lot of stuff Moore has done at the plate this season.

LaRue grounds out to SB.

Farquhar with a 1 pitch ground out to 3B.

Rambusch with a 2-0 count and grounds out to 2B on ball 3.

1-0 Kentucky T6th

6 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Surely we're not going to lose to UK again.

Wouldn't put money on it not happening. Our bats have just disappeared.

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I've been disappointed by a lot of stuff Moore has done at the plate this season.

Yeah. Our batters look very unimpressive at the plate... This pitcher's stuff does not look that tough to hit.  We making him look good.

Line out to Howell in CF.

1 pitch ground out to Rambusch at 3B.

Full count double.

Swilling is coming in for Bright.

What in the world has happened to our bats? 

• Thanks 1

Swilling comes in and gets a strike out to end the half inning.

DiChiara is leading this inning off. They've been pitching to him and giving him things to hit.

1-0 Kentucky B6th

Ground out from DiChiara. Now 9-45 and a .200 batting average over the last month.

Peirce with a liner to the SS. Jumps up, off the glove and he has the hand-eye coordination to catch it. Great play!

Carlson is up and falls behind 0-2. The swing on that 2nd strike was one of the worst swings I've seen. Strikes out.

1-0 Kentucky T7th