Baseball vs SEC Tournament

Burky is ready to leave the Met.  Between the Samford game and this game, he has given up 3 dongs.    Glass half empty=it sucks to be one and done (assuming we don't put together a rally here in the 9th).  Glass half full=we get to rest our pitching and get ready for the tournament that really matters. 

Hindsight....is what it is but he needed to come in at the top of the inning. Let's go Tigers! 

KY has a meeting on the mound and Auburn has a meeting with the hitters.

Land showing bunt, takes a ball and then a bunt foul.

Not showing bunt the next pitch and takes a strike ... odd.

Strikes out looking right down the middle. Pathetic

If I were coaching, Land would not get another AB. this year... That was sad to watch!

• Like 1

Cam Hill hitting for Farquhar.

2-2 count ... strike out. Auburn was 0-9 with RISP. Auburn bats disappeared again.

3-1 Kentucky wins

• Like 1

JABA....just is. Hope they can get refocused for the NCAA's. Hope they don't have to travel too far. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

If I were coaching, Land would not get another AB. this year... That was sad to watch!

He had one of the worst swings earlier in the game and now had one of the worst ABs. Absolutely pathetic effort from our bats today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

He had one of the worst swings earlier in the game and now had one of the worst ABs. Absolutely pathetic effort from our bats today.

I mean! Those pitchers threw pedestrian at best 90 mph fast balls and not much bite on their breaking balls.. Bama had better pitching than UK and we lit them up pretty good.

I just don't get it man! This Sux!

Edited by ArgoEagle

Unlikely. We needed to take the UK series to host. Instead, we lost 3 of 4. We're hitting the road.

They're not playing with energy and swagger that they were even just a few weeks ago. Look timid and dead out there, especially at the plate. Like they'd rather be anywhere else. Reset and get back to the pitch by pitch approach 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Feels like the basketball team. Probably will be get bounced in the Regional. 

Ouch.  Sad but probably true.  Good-great pitching always beats hitting but UK is not a dominating pitching team.  Wonder where we will end up now...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Ouch.  Sad but probably true.  Good-great pitching always beats hitting but UK is not a dominating pitching team.  Wonder where we will end up now...

I have not followed as much as I wish I could. I think we can beat good teams but I would be surprised if we won a Regional. Too much sputtering. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, woodford said:

I have not followed as much as I wish I could. I think we can beat good teams but I would be surprised if we won a Regional. Too much sputtering. 

Yep. Offense has holes especially w RISP. We have clutch guys but others seem to always fail at critical innings. 

thry get enough hits and walks to have guys in RISP but that’s where it ends. 

in that KY game. Do or die. Get first 2 guys on in two different innings and got nothing. Even when we got behind in 9th first 2 guys get on and Land can’t bunt him over. 

poor execution period. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 4:35 PM, Mikey said:

Will we even host a regional? 5-7 in the most recent 12 games isn't at all impressive.

Do not get it. Baseballed out after yesterday for a bit and sick of Kentucky.