Auburn's No. 1 Run Offense

StatTiger

I was wondering where this team would stack up. They were hands down unbelievable at rushing -- I was at Neyland stadium and I think we passed it like 5 times, didn't even have to. We straight steam rolled them on the ground and it was amazing. Absolutely an amazing story with this auburn squad especially given the year prior in which we basically lost every single game. 

• Like 1

"If" Gus would have focused on getting more QB's like #14 he would still be here today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

"If" Gus would have focused on getting more QB's like #14 he would still be here today. 

If Gus had focused on getting and properly training Olinemen he could have run the same 3 plays over and over with any of the Qbs and been successful.  2013 was due in large part to the Olinemen Chiz and Grimes brought in.  As the years went on and the lines got worse the offense all the sudden stopped working.  Running up the middle 17 straight times isn’t a problem if there’s a hole to run through.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Watched that three times. Man, the blocking by the OL,  Uzamah, and Prosch. 

You could have called plays with a dart board in 2013.

• Like 2

Great video, Stat Tiger (as usual.)  Could all of these Run Offense videos be collected together in one location?  I seemed to have missed the Part IV one.   

On 5/26/2022 at 5:03 PM, AUloggerhead said:

Great video, Stat Tiger (as usual.)  Could all of these Run Offense videos be collected together in one location?  I seemed to have missed the Part IV one.   

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO8DjHwA5jpIeDc528l9Jcg/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view_as=subscriber

• Like 1

The 2013 team was perhaps my favorite of all time to watch play. We would line up with the opposing defense knowing we were running the zone read and Nick would still run it for 20 yards. It was so exciting to watch such and explosive run offense. WDE

• Like 2

This was truly a dominant ground game.  Mason was unbelievable as to how many yards he gained after contact.  He always fell forward for an extra yard or two.  If they would have handed it to him 5-10 more times in Pasadena I think the result would have been different.  Prosch was a huge key to the success (look at the difference in 2014 after he graduated).  In the Iron Bowl in 13 he absolutely beat up C.J. Moseley (an All-American and successful NFL linebacker).

• Like 1