Vegas over/under on games won by Auburn: 5.5

homersapien

I've never made a bet online. Anyone have any recommendations on best site to use.

I'm going to bet a "bag" (as Mike said).

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I've never made a bet online. Anyone have any recommendations on best site to use.

I'm going to bet a "bag" (as Mike said).

DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM

Whichever you choose, put your mortgage on the under. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I actually feel pretty confident saying we'll hit the over on that one...but that's just me. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, I dunno.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I actually feel pretty confident saying we'll hit the over on that one...but that's just me. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, I dunno.

Definitely agree with choosing the over.

• Like 1

Given that there are three "freebie" games on the schedule, it's tempting to take the over. But then, who will be the three big games we win? Pre-season, I'd say the gamblers will have AU a tossup vs. Mizzou and MSU and the underdog in the other seven games. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see what three we are going to beat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Given that there are three "freebie" games on the schedule, it's tempting to take the over. But then, who will be the three big games we win? Pre-season, I'd say the gamblers will have AU a tossup vs. Mizzou and MSU and the underdog in the other seven games. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see what three we are going to beat.

I am so leery about this number. Normally with Vegas if it’s to good to be true it normally is. It seems like they trying to suck everyone in but don’t think Auburn will be any better than last year. I would love to know how they came to this number. Do they know something know or it based off a combination of things. IMO Auburn should get to 5 rather quickly. Unless they are thinking the other 3 are 50/50 or Auburns a slight underdog.

If it hits under what happens next.

Edited by e808

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think we'll be favorites in our first 5 games.  None of those teams are very good and we're at home.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:11 PM, woodford said:

Seriously?  :-\

I think theyve done a great job of making it tough to choose. Im thinking 5-7 or 6-6 so that falls right in the middle.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

On 5/26/2022 at 9:11 PM, woodford said:

Sir, the correct answer is the over but thanks for playing...

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I think we'll be favorites in our first 5 games.  None of those teams are very good and we're at home.

Favorites over Penn State and LSU? Remember, we're not very good either. A five game losing streak pretty much proves that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Favorites over Penn State and LSU? Remember, we're not very good either. A five game losing streak pretty much proves that.

Yes, we're at home.  LSU lost an absolute ton of talent.  I'm pretty sure they had double digit players drafted and also a ton of kids transfer.

Bad team vs bad team....I'm going with home being a slight favorite

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, we're at home.  LSU lost an absolute ton of talent.  I'm pretty sure they had double digit players drafted and also a ton of kids transfer.

LSU has also out recruited Auburn. A huge coaching upgrade with great tallent already in campus. Even in Jordan-Hare, they probably have the nod. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

LSU has also out recruited Auburn. A huge coaching upgrade with great tallent already in campus. Even in Jordan-Hare, they probably have the nod. 

Their o/u is 6.  They aren't the LSU of old. They are depleted and have lost a ton of talent.

New coach, New scheme, New philosophy, etc.  They are the big bad LSU of the last 20 years.

They aren't going to be good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Their o/u is 6.  They aren't the LSU of old. They are depleted and have lost a ton of talent.

New coach, New scheme, New philosophy, etc.  They are the big bad LSU of the last 20 years.

I didn't say they would be good just that they would be better than us. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

I didn't say they would be good just that they would be better than us. 

Oh ye of little faith...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Agreed. Outside of the Burrows year Auburn has been smashing LSU at home . Auburn should be at least -3 in this game. Even in the  power ranking Auburn is ranked ahead of LSU by a good amount of spots. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, e808 said:

Agreed. Outside of the Burrows year Auburn has been smashing LSU at home . Auburn should be at least -3 in this game. Even in the  power ranking Auburn is ranked ahead of LSU by a good amount of spots. 

Beating LSU at home has always felt like something we *need to* do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

AU had one drafted? and lost a total of 19 to the portal plus a few more just moved on from college. It's not like we've gained talent or experience since last season.

• Like 1

Development.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

AU had one drafted? and lost a total of 19 to the portal plus a few more just moved on from college. It's not like we've gained talent or experience since last season.

McDonald, Calzada, Asante, James, Jones, and Joseph were all starters at their previous schools so we did add experience at various positions. The majority of the 19 who left were minimal contributors. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

McDonald, Calzada, Asante, James, Jones, and Joseph were all starters at their previous schools so we did add experience at various positions. The majority of the 19 who left were minimal contributors. 

He didn't start, but was a backup. He may have been the one who started, but the starter was injured, otherwise ZC doesn't play.

Asante and Jones didn't started, but played. 

Nit-picky, but an important distinction based on your argument 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

He didn't start, but was a backup. He may have been the one who started, but the starter was injured, otherwise ZC doesn't play.

Asante and Jones didn't started, but played. 

Nit-picky, but an important distinction based on your argument 

Fixed it:

McDonald, Calzada, Asante, James, Jones, and Joseph were all significant contributors or starters at their previous schools and had extensive playing time so we did add experience at various positions. The majority of the 19 who left were minimal contributors. 

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Saying we didn't gain talent is pure ignorance.  Saying we didn't gain experience is pure stupidity even for you

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Saying we didn't gain talent is pure ignorance.  Saying we didn't gain experience is pure stupidity even for you

In order to gain, the incoming had to exceed the outgoing. We lost more than we brought in, therefore we didn't gain. It shouldn't be that hard to understand, even for you.

• Like 2