Vegas over/under on games won by Auburn: 5.5

homersapien

8 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

But your predicting 3 or 4 wins correct?

Incorrect. I won't make any serious prediction until there is a thread here in the late summer. Between now and then even more guys could bail out or some of the injured might not heal as well as expected. Right now I'm expecting four or five wins but that's not a firm prediction. I don't know where you got the three from.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Incorrect. I won't make any serious prediction until there is a thread here in the late summer. Between now and then even more guys could bail out or some of the injured might not heal as well as expected. Right now I'm expecting four or five wins but that's not a firm prediction. I don't know where you got the three from.

If I was you, I would bet the farm and put all your money down on LSU, A&M, ARKY, OLE MISS. U might even make enuf $ to buy Harsin out.

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If I was you, I would bet the farm and put all your money down on LSU, A&M, ARKY, OLE MISS. U might even make enuf $ to buy Harsin out.

My betting limit is $1. Usually only on the Iron Bowl with a bammer friend.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

My betting limit is $1. Usually only on the Iron Bowl with a bammer friend.

But if your so sure of the season going down the toilet. Why not make some extra cash? Seems like a good deal to me

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

But if your so sure of the season going down the toilet. Why not make some extra cash? Seems like a good deal to me

What part of "My betting limit is $1" escapes your comprehension?

• Haha 1

I am not sure why anyone pays any attention to predictions.  They are in fact predictions, or guesses.  An educated guess, sure, but they are only based on tangibles.

Worrying about what we might win now will only make the summer miserable.  Just control what you can control and enjoy your summer, and show up to the football games if possible.

We will be better because of this season.  If we lose bigtime, Harsin is gone and we can bring in a coach who will understand what it takes to be our head coach.  If we win, Harsin has righted the ship and we are on the path to success.  This season will make us a better program, one way or another.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

This season will make us a better program, one way or another.

That's some good reasoning there.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

What part of "My betting limit is $1" escapes your comprehension?

Nothing escapes my comprehension. But u get on here all doom and gloom. If your so sure, the season is going to hell in a hand basket.   ... OR is it possible that u really don't think the season will be that bad, but u HOPE that it is, so u can be proven correct in your doomsday scenario?

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Dislike 2

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nothing escapes my comprehension. But u get on here all doom and gloom. If your so sure, the season is going to hell in a hand basket.   ... OR is it possible that u really don't think the season will be that bad, but u HOPE that it is, so u can be proven correct in your doomsday scenario?

I've love to know where the true talent loss is where we go from a predicted 10 win team in 2021 to a 5 win team.

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've love to know where the true talent loss is where we go from a predicted 10 win team in 2021 to a 5 win team.

Good question.. Its all gotta fit the narrative

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

bruh didn't you know we lost Kobe Hudson AND Bo Nix. We will be lucky if our offense can get 100 yards a game...

1 hour ago, Didba said:

bruh didn't you know we lost Kobe Hudson AND Bo Nix. We will be lucky if our offense can get 100 yards a game...

I've been pretty high on Kobe, but 500 yard WRs aren't hard to replace especially if we have a QB that can actually throw the ball down field effectively

• Like 1

I don't think Mikey ever said 10 wins would be the number, just that it was a realistic possibility. Without nix going down, he would have been close to the maximum. 

The 5 game total seems more like an actual prediction than a possible ceiling. 

Thats how I've infered it anyways. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Start with losing your three year starter and all-time yardage leader at QB. Next, get a copy of last year's roster and mark every player who won't be back. If that doesn't leave you thinking "oh crap" then you ain't thinking.

13 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nothing escapes my comprehension.

A vast amount does. Start with the statement that I hope we have a bad year. If you had been around here very long you'd know how stupid that statement is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Start with losing your three year starter and all-time yardage leader at QB. Next, get a copy of last year's roster and mark every player who won't be back. If that doesn't leave you thinking "oh crap" then you ain't thinking.

A vast amount does. Start with the statement that I hope we have a bad year. If you had been around here very long you'd know how stupid that statement is.

Not really. However,  it will be fun to watch u crawfish, IF, AU wins 8 or 9 games...

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Start with losing your three year starter and all-time yardage leader at QB

🤣

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not really. However,  it will be fun to watch u crawfish, IF, AU wins 8 or 9 games...

What's to crawfish from? I don't think AU will have a winning season. If we do win more than we lose, that's great! Personally, I'm hoping for 15-0 and expecting much, much less.

49 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What's to crawfish from? I don't think AU will have a winning season. If we do win more than we lose, that's great! Personally, I'm hoping for 15-0 and expecting much, much less.

K.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 8:50 AM, Mikey said:

Because my personal observation of what personnel & coaching was available last year didn't agree with the prognosticators. 10-2 should have been doable last year, given my expectations for superior coaching to go with an experienced roster that had never had a losing season. This season I'm sadly older and wiser and what I see is somewhere around 4-8 or 5-7. Their 5.5 seems slightly optimistic given all the factors involved.

But predictions are fun and they are free, unless one is silly enough to bet money on them.

...You *expected* a first year staff to come in and...OH!! I get it! You thought every coaching change was supposed to happen like it did with Gus, and now you're busy highlighting how much worse off we are than with the changeover to Gus. Right then.

• Dislike 1

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it...

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, Rednilla said:

...You *expected* a first year staff to come in and...OH!! I get it! You thought every coaching change was supposed to happen like it did with Gus, and now you're busy highlighting how much worse off we are than with the changeover to Gus. Right then.

You forgot to mention Terry Bowden. He's more proof positive that a new coach doesn't have to nosedive his team in year one.

In 2020, Auburn beat six P5 teams. In 2021, Auburn beat three P5 teams. Yes, we are worse off.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Didba said:

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it...

Talking to your mirror, I see.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

You forgot to mention Terry Bowden. He's more proof positive that a new coach doesn't have to nosedive his team in year one.

Also proof positive that starting 20-0 in the SEC doesn’t  mean you won’t soon be 3-8 and finish your career at Akron and La-Monroe. It is equally short sighted to exalt a coach after one great season or downgrade them because of one subpar season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Talking to your mirror, I see.

You are so predictable, lmao. I was 100% certain you would respond with "no u".

10 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Also proof positive that starting 20-0 in the SEC doesn’t  mean you won’t soon be 3-8 and finish your career at Akron and La-Monroe. It is equally short sighted to exalt a coach after one great season or downgrade them because of one subpar season. 

Good thing all signs are pointing to things getting so much better under Harsin, right?

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/LongFormArticle/College-football-coaches-sound-off-anonymously-on-SEC-teams-via-Lindys-188808063/#188808063_8
(Yes, this is the UAT 247, that doesn't mean you get to discredit it, sorry. Notice USCe, also in its second year of a new coach, has a more optimistic outlook about their program than us.)

Edited by AUwent