Vegas over/under on games won by Auburn: 5.5

homersapien

On 6/15/2022 at 3:18 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

Not really. However,  it will be fun to watch u crawfish, IF, AU wins 8 or 9 games...

Yes, hoping for 8 or 9 wins; that’s why we got rid of Gus. 😂

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Good thing all signs are pointing to things getting so much better under Harsin, right?

Good thing that wasn’t my point and that I wasn’t addressing you, right?

16 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Also proof positive that starting 20-0 in the SEC doesn’t  mean you won’t soon be 3-8 and finish your career at Akron and La-Monroe. It is equally short sighted to exalt a coach after one great season or downgrade them because of one subpar season. 

Please go back and read what I was responding to.

20 hours ago, AUwent said:

Good thing all signs are pointing to things getting so much better under Harsin, right?

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/LongFormArticle/College-football-coaches-sound-off-anonymously-on-SEC-teams-via-Lindys-188808063/#188808063_8
(Yes, this is the UAT 247, that doesn't mean you get to discredit it, sorry. Notice USCe, also in its second year of a new coach, has a more optimistic outlook about their program than us.)

We cannot discredit an obviously biased media source just because you say we don't get too? 

21 minutes ago, Didba said:

We cannot discredit an obviously biased media source just because you say we don't get too? 

It’s from Lindy’s. I should’ve specified.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Didba said:

Wondering what their excuses will be when he wins somewhere between 5 to 7 games next year.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Wondering what their excuses will be when he wins somewhere between 5 to 7 games next year.

According to this projection that is too generous. Bottom of the conference is usually a disgraceful team that typically wins their 4 non-con games, if none are power 5, and are lucky to win a conference game. So 5 best case, 3-5 more likely, if this projection is correct 

8 hours ago, au302 said:

According to this projection that is too generous. Bottom of the conference is usually a disgraceful team that typically wins their 4 non-con games, if none are power 5, and are lucky to win a conference game. So 5 best case, 3-5 more likely, if this projection is correct 

The knee jerk reaction, mine at least, was initially "We are Auburn. We don't lose to MSU, Arky, Missou, etc." Then I look at the roster and the story changes. Looking at our roster I don't see how we'll beat those teams. Mizzou, maybe. MSU will take some luck. Arky, Ol' Miss and above appear out of our reach.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

The knee jerk reaction, mine at least, was initially "We are Auburn. We don't lose to MSU, Arky, Missou, etc." Then I look at the roster and the story changes. Looking at our roster I don't see how we'll beat those teams. Mizzou, maybe. MSU will take some luck. Arky, Ol' Miss and above appear out of our reach.

Don't know if I'd go as far as to say out of our reach. I think we still have enough talent on defense to keep us in those games, but those teams have had more offensive talent than us for a couple years now, which is why I agree that they will be very difficult

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Love the decimated roster talk vs last year. We lost 1-2 impact players and still added a lot of starting level good players.

Yet somehow we were a projected 10 win team last year per Mick, but only 5 this year.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Love the decimated roster talk vs last year. We lost 1-2 impact players and still added a lot of starting level good players.

Yet somehow we were a projected 10 win team last year per Mick, but only 5 this year.

Last year we didn't have 20 players jump ship and several more graduate.. Your idea of an impact player is goofy if you think McClain, Hudson, Monday, McCreary, Nix, Tennison, Fair, Wooten and any number of others weren't important team members. 

What talent we brought in doesn't come near to what we lost.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Last year we didn't have 20 players jump ship and several more graduate.. Your idea of an impact player is goofy if you think McClain, Hudson, Monday, McCreary, Nix, Tennison, Fair, Wooten and any number of others weren't important team members. 

What talent we brought in doesn't come near to what we lost.

You're crying about a guy who caught 500 yards and had drop issues. That's not an impact player. We added multiple talented WRs

Fair was a 30 snap a game guy due to conditioning issues and rarely made a true impact. The Oregon NT is a better talent and in better shape.

Wooten consistently graded out in the 60s every game. He wasn't ever good.

Bo Nix was literally at the bottom quarter of the SEC QBs.

These are not impact players.

Jones is better than Fair at NT. Upgrade.

UNC LB plus development of young guys. Which we havr a few. are better than wooten.

You love to point to rankings and Calzada was ranked higher than Bo by 247, so at worst that is a push.

Smoke/Tennison is really the only valid issues vs last year. I think our safeties are really scary right now. JUCO players concern me until they produce. 

McClain was good, but getting Owen back healthy is an upgrade. OP is actually an NFL talent and he wasn't ever healthy. 

You cry about players, numbers. But never put it into co text with who we replaced them with. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Yes facepalm bc you can't make a logical argument and use disingenuous argument like "3 year starter" and "total counting stats".

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

UNC LB plus development of young guys.

When is this alleged development going to start? We sure didn't see anything last season. A few guys got some better because they were a year older. Other than that, nothing.

I suppose you writing off losing so many contributors is necessary to your position, but it's faulty thinking. Most of those guys who left brought something to the table. We haven't recruited well enough to replace them. The roster is weaker now than it was last season and not by just a little bit.

Just now, Mikey said:

When is this alleged development going to start?

Its happening already. It happened last year too. Multiple players got better through out the year. 

Even tour beloved Bo

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

suppose you writing off losing so many contributors is necessary to your position

A back up LB and rotational NT aren't losses when we replaced them with better players.

You talk about ppl leaving with zero context of transfer with playing experience coming in.

Is McCreary a huge loss?  Yes.  But we have a transfer all PAC12 player that will help lessen the blow.

A starting QB leaving without context is bad, but not so much when we replace him with a more talent QB with a year of starting experience in the SEC, beat Bama last year on his back (means a lot to ppl here), and was rated higher as a transfer QB than BO.

Leota is 25 LB bigger than last year and we have a solid chance to have two double digit sack guys. Something that hasn't happened at Auburn this century. That's develop of players.

We'll have 2 new starting OL this year due to development and beating out prior year starters.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Its happening already. It happened last year too. Multiple players got better through out the year. 

Even tour beloved Bo

The multiple players who got better also got a year older. There was no noticeable improvement in any player that can't be attributed to another year of age and experience.

Had the team started the season off 0-5 and finished 6-2 your development claim might have some slight validity. With the record being the opposite, development didn't happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The multiple players who got better also got a year older. There was no noticeable improvement in any player that can't be attributed to another year of age and experience.

This could possibly be the dumbest s*** I've ever read on a message board.

Do you expect ppl to get better as time stands still? As you practice, workout, watch film etc, time literally moves forward and you get older.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Had the team started the season off 0-5 and finished 6-2 your development claim might have some slight validity. With the record being the opposite, development didn't happen.

Once again a disingenuous argument with no context. 

Considering Bo had his best 4 games streak vs SWC opponents before he got hurt. You're argument is bull****.

His injury is the sole downfal of the season. Our defense held the SEC Champs to a season low points and we nearly won. Lot around yhe development of the pass rush.

There is someone making some serious bad faith/disingenuous arguments in this thread and it ain't @W.E.D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

When is this alleged development going to start? We sure didn't see anything last season. A few guys got some better because they were a year older. Other than that, nothing.

I suppose you writing off losing so many contributors is necessary to your position, but it's faulty thinking. Most of those guys who left brought something to the table. We haven't recruited well enough to replace them. The roster is weaker now than it was last season and not by just a little bit.

One thing for sure.. it will be proven one way or the other in about 4 months time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

One thing for sure.. it will be proven one way or the other in about 4 months time. 

I mean the development bit has already been proven true last year when we saw players improve over the course of the season.  Saying no development took place last season is disingenuous and really just a showing of bad faith.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

I mean the development bit has already been proven true last year when we saw players improve over the course of the season.  Saying no development took place last season is disingenuous and really just a showing of bad faith.

Yeah. I was responding to the part about him saying the roster is weaker ( I believe it will be as strong or stronger). Sorry I should have copied what I was responding to

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Saying no development took place last season is disingenuous and really just a showing of bad faith.

What development I saw last year was comparable to the average development year to year on a Malzahn team...nothing to brag about. This year, his coaches, more of his players, his show. We'll see how good of a developer Harsin is because the talent pool is pretty average at best. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

I didn't say no development took place. I said no development beyond what would normally be expected from players getting a year older and more experienced took place. If there's some development guru on the staff, he dozed through last season. Start the season 6-2 and finish 0-5 doesn't look like development to any rational person.