Vegas over/under on games won by Auburn: 5.5

homersapien

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Start the season 6-2 and finish 0-5 doesn't look like development to any rational person.

Most consider player development to mean an individual player getting bigger, stronger, faster, run better routes, use leverage better, study film better, etc. It is entirely possible that many individuals are indeed improving their individual skill sets, while the team of 85 falls short on the scoreboard on Saturdays. Those are entirely different things. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Start the season 6-2 and finish 0-5 doesn't look like development

Can you use your brain to wonder what key even happened to cause this?

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

What development I saw last year was comparable to the average development year to year on a Malzahn team...nothing to brag about. This year, his coaches, more of his players, his show. We'll see how good of a developer Harsin is because the talent pool is pretty average at best. 

There was zero development yr to yr (especially QB development) on the offensive side of the ball outside of RBs on a Malzahn team.  So I guess you mean no development has occurred under Harsin which simply isn't true, especially at the QB position. Bo was developed more in one year under Harsin then under two years of Gus, in fact, Bo regressed in his 2nd year under Gus.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Most consider player development to mean an individual player getting bigger, stronger, faster, run better routes, use leverage better, study film better, etc. It is entirely possible that many individuals are indeed improving their individual skill sets, while the team of 85 falls short on the scoreboard on Saturdays. Those are entirely different things. 

Not according to Mikey...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I didn't say no development took place. I said no development beyond what would normally be expected from players getting a year older and more experienced took place. If there's some development guru on the staff, he dozed through last season. Start the season 6-2 and finish 0-5 doesn't look like development to any rational person.

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif.eb1c460b38a0d9c1b6924dcd97331a68.gif

54 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Can you use your brain?

Not while he is in bad faith mode.

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

If many individuals improved, then the team should have improved. Instead, the AU team of 2021 regressed.

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Can you use your brain to wonder what key even happened to cause this?

Surely, you can't think that the loss of the horrible Bo Nix to injury in some way caused the team to lose games? According to the BS you've been spewing the win/loss record should have improved with Nix out of there. You say he wasn't any good so how could him getting off the field not be a plus?

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If many individuals improved, then the team should have improved. Instead, the AU team of 2021 regressed.

Surely, you can't think that the loss of the horrible Bo Nix to injury in some way caused the team to lose games? According to the BS you've been spewing the win/loss record should have improved with Nix out of there. You say he wasn't any good so how could him getting off the field not be a plus?

Not trying to pile on here however Im curious about a couple things. If our QB Stat leader SEC freshman of the year went down why doesn't that factor into the 0-5 finish? 

I thought you always backed Gus because he was Auburn's head coach. Why aren't you taking the same stance with Harsin? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Not trying to pile on here however Im curious about a couple things. If our QB Stat leader SEC freshman of the year went down why doesn't that factor into the 0-5 finish? 

The other guy is the one who said Bo wasn't any good. Ask him why a worthless player going down didn't help the team instead of hurt it. According to his BS, losing Nix should have been a positive.

6 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I thought you always backed Gus because he was Auburn's head coach. Why aren't you taking the same stance with Harsin? 

I backed Gus and almost every other AU football coach because they accomplished positive things. If or when Harsin accomplishes something positive I'll re-evaluate. Right now he's 18 months in with nothing except big talk about culture and a five game losing streak.

AU coaches I didn't back: Pawloski and Golloway in baseball. Barbee in Basketball. Harsin in football (to date, subject to change)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'm shocked you can't comprehend basic things and confused & conflate arguments.

It's really remarkable.

"how could him getting off the field not be a plus".  It's almost as if the 2021 team has a different QB room than 2021....yet you can't comprehend this

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Ask him why a worthless player going down didn't help the team instead of hurt it.

We didn't have anyone on the roster last year to help after he went down.  Trying to evaluate player losses in a vacuum and completely ignoring who we replaced them with is really ridiculous.

This is very sad and I feel bad for you 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

It's hilarious.  Bo is such a massive loss for 2022, but it had absolutely no out come on the end of our season.  Huh???

Our QB room is different than last year.  His loss is negated by brining in a starting QB that was as good as him and matched any single season set of stats Bo put up. 

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

According to the BS you've been spewing the win/loss record should have improved with Nix out of there. You say he wasn't any good so how could him getting off the field not be a plus?

if anyone was ever wondering this is the perfect example of a bad faith argument.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You know, we have a thread for this debate.

Yep and this thread is coming close to shutting down unless we get back to OP

43 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You know, we have a thread for this debate.

This is a thread about win/loss next year.  Players have an impact on that.  Their absence or addition is part of it

to get back to the OP, I think the over is easy money. Auburn has a strong chance to start 5-0 this year.  Penn State lost their best weapon and they are coming to our house now

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Didba said:

to get back to the OP, I think the over is easy money. Auburn has a strong chance to start 5-0 this year.  Penn State lost their best weapon and they are coming to our house now

What happened??

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What happened??

The WR that burnt us and basically won the game for them went pro. Clifford is still there but he doesn't have any WR on that level. Dotson.

Edited by Didba

2 hours ago, Didba said:

The WR that burnt us and basically won the game for them went pro. Clifford is still there but he doesn't have any WR on that level. Dotson.

Their tight end wore us out too. Don't remember his name

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Oh. I thought you meant they just lost someone.

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Oh. I thought you meant they just lost someone.

lmao, my bad,

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Lemme check if he went pro

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Brent Strange. RS-Jr.  He did hit us for 71 yards and a TD

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

Brent Strange. RS-Jr.  He did hit us for 71 yards and a TD

35% of his season total. Clifford destroyed us too and wasn't really good in any other games.

We let way too many average QBs light us up. Leota and Hall need to show up all year vs in spurts. Can't rush 3 and give up a league worse comp% against again 

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

35% of his season total. Clifford destroyed us too and wasn't really good in any other games.

We let way too many average QBs light us up. Leota and Hall need to show up all year vs in spurts. Can't rush 3 and give up a league worse comp% against again 

Rushing three works if you disguise who is rushing well and sometimes bring a fourth from a LBer position.  I am hoping we see more fronts like the Bama game.  We were hiding the rushers and the zones like an NFL defense.

But I agree rushing three and throwing simple zones ain't it chief.

I'd like to see a mix of cover 6, cover 3, cover 2 and a little bit of cover 1 thrown in to catch the QB offguard

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Didba said:

Rushing three works if you disguise who is rushing well and sometimes bring a fourth from a LBer position.  I am hoping we see more fronts like the Bama game.  We were hiding the rushers and the zones like an NFL defense.

But I agree rushing three and throwing simple zones ain't it chief.

I'd like to see a mix of cover 6, cover 3, cover 2 and a little bit of cover 1 thrown in to catch the QB offguard

Attack, attack, attack. You don't see Shorty on the other side of the state rushing 3. He brings corner, safety blitzes.  Twists , turns, stunts. Especially on 3rd down. 

• Like 1