***** Police

AURex

As more details emerge about the  mass killing at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, TX, it has become clear that the local police force refused to enter the school and engage the murderer. They even tried to dissuade federal agents from doing so, encouraging them to wait.

Wait for what? Wait for more children and teachers to be slaughtered?

This is not the first time that local police have refused to engage an assailant to protect children from being murdered.

What we have learned is that police are thrilled and eager to kill black Americans, white conservative politicians are eager to protect unborn fetuses, but police and politicians are cringing in the corner, slobbering afraid, to confront anyone who decides to slaughter children in a school.

There is no excuse. There is no defense. There is no moral or humanitarian or Christian justification for this kind of madness.

And I am really tired of all the defenses and protectionism of police who revel in killing, but are scared sh*tless when confronted with a kid with a gun.

Yep, JMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, AURex said:

What we have learned is that police are thrilled and eager to kill black Americans 

Thrilled and eager?   You’ve got to be kidding?  There are more than 800k police officers in the US. Although it wouldn’t surprise me that there are some bad apples in a population that size I can’t remotely believe there is even a measurable number that would be “thrilled and eager” to kill anyone   Most go into service to help people    

what about black police officers?   Are they “thrilled and eager” to kill black people?

1 hour ago, AURex said:

And I am really tired of all the defenses and protectionism of police who revel in killing, but are scared sh*tless when confronted with a kid with a gun.

Yep, JMO.

Sorry, but I will defend officers that put their asses on the line to defend others every day.  

The one in Uvadale have a LOT of explaining to do though - they clearly screwed thw pooch.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AURex said:

As more details emerge about the  mass killing at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, TX, it has become clear that the local police force refused to enter the school and engage the murderer. They even tried to dissuade federal agents from doing so, encouraging them to wait.

This is not the first time that local police have refused to engage an assailant to protect children from being murdered.

What we have learned is that police are thrilled and eager to kill black Americans, white conservative politicians are eager to protect unborn fetuses, but police and politicians are cringing in the corner, slobbering afraid, to confront anyone who decides to slaughter children in a school.

There is no excuse. There is no defense. There is no moral or humanitarian or Christian justification for this kind of madness.

Yep, JMO.

Holy unhinged extrapolation, Batman! 

Our resident leftists, erm, pardon me, "liberals" and oh-so-concerned moderates will be along later to give you your affirmation, though.

As was said above, the Uvalde police in particular failed in their time of crisis, 100%. You sound like a stark raving lunatic by broad-brushing that to all police.

• Like 6

My biggest problem with the police is their desire for almost total immunity.  I would respect them more if the majority of good police officers (particularly within their union) would stop trying to protect the bad police officers.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

My biggest problem with the police is their desire for almost total immunity.  I would respect them more if the majority of good police officers (particularly within their union) would stop trying to protect the bad police officers.

Same is true of most professions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Hardly the same societal implications.

No, but protected inept medical professionals and lawyers cause a lot of damage.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I can understand what you are saying, partially.  The reason I say “partially” is because it is way to common for people to get a partial clip of body cam or a bystanders footage, play it back in super slow motion and the try to skewer the officer.   For the ones that are blatantly wrong, I agree there needs to be accountability, like all of us have.  But too frequently the people passing judgement are watching slow motion video, without adrenaline rushing through their bodies and their butts aren’t on the line and that’s not fair.  

As for the suspected criminals, much of this is on them if they choose to resist, make threats or flee.  When this happen the stakes rise fast and that is not something the officer initiated.  

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Sort of like all unions????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Sort of like all unions????

Not at all.  Most unions are more concerned with wages, working conditions, benefits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

No, but protected inept medical professionals and lawyers cause a lot of damage.

Agreed.  However, those who are identified are typically out of the profession.  For whatever reason, bad cops and bad clergy seem to just move to a new area.  I don't believe that is an effective way to protect an institution.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Agreed.  However, those who are identified are typically out of the profession.  For whatever reason, bad cops and bad clergy seem to just move to a new area.  I don't believe that is an effective way to protect an institution.

Give us some examples of this standard practice.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:39 PM, GoAU said:

I can understand what you are saying, partially.  The reason I say “partially” is because it is way to common for people to get a partial clip of body cam or a bystanders footage, play it back in super slow motion and the try to skewer the officer.   For the ones that are blatantly wrong, I agree there needs to be accountability, like all of us have.  But too frequently the people passing judgement are watching slow motion video, without adrenaline rushing through their bodies and their butts aren’t on the line and that’s not fair.  

As for the suspected criminals, much of this is on them if they choose to resist, make threats or flee.  When this happen the stakes rise fast and that is not something the officer initiated.  

Excuses, if you can't do the job under pressure then don't apply for it. If you are scared then don't say you want to do it. 

How many different jobs do other people get to say you watch it in slow motion it's not fair!

Lol at this is basically hey I agree with everything as long as you don't point out the killing of black people.....don't be mad at that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lol at this is basically hey I agree with everything as long as you don't point out the killing of black people.....don't be mad at that

No, I would say that is justified for ALL police shootings.  Police kill more than just black people.  Some are justified, some may not be the right thing, but after the investigation may have been a true mistake.  The ones that are blatant murder need to be treated and charged as such.

But to be fair, if a cop gets attacked and someone grabs for a gun, attacks a cop or another person with a knife, etc - the criminal had that coming.   A cop shoots someone who is running away, unarmed, and presents to risk to anyone else - Murder in the second degree.    Unless they find a KKK tattoo, Nazi propaganda, or the cop is uttering racial slurs,  I don't think it should matter at all what the race of the people are.  

There have been cases where black cops have killed black criminals - are those racist killings?

• Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 9:04 PM, AURex said:

Yep, JMO.

oh that cannot be right because the gun lovers say cops want citizens to have more weapons and included in that is assault weapons. this is just not true and i have seen cops speak out on it over and over. it increases their chances of not coming home to their families. they preach about gun control and mental health. go talk to the caljoun county sheriff. he is tired of his jails being used for patients that should be in a hospital getting treatment.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:09 PM, GoAU said:

Thrilled and eager?   You’ve got to be kidding?  There are more than 800k police officers in the US. Although it wouldn’t surprise me that there are some bad apples in a population that size I can’t remotely believe there is even a measurable number that would be “thrilled and eager” to kill anyone   Most go into service to help people    

what about black police officers?   Are they “thrilled and eager” to kill black people?

Sorry, but I will defend officers that put their asses on the line to defend others every day.  

The one in Uvadale have a LOT of explaining to do though - they clearly screwed thw pooch.  

you are not defending officers who are all for gun control tho............

On 5/30/2022 at 2:14 PM, icanthearyou said:

go look at the popo and baltimore police and all the crap they did. it got where many of the cops were worse than criminals. in fact hbo i believe has a new series on it called we own this city. they destroyed countless lives and most of them black. my point is i am backing you up ichy.

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are not defending officers who are all for gun control tho............

I think you have significantly missed on the context of the conversation.   I can absolutely disagree with the opinions of some police officers with regards to gun control, but still defend them for doing their jobs - these 2 things are not mutually exclusive, especially considering that the opinions of police officers vary widely on the topic.  

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 2:14 PM, icanthearyou said:

I support this 100%. 

On 5/31/2022 at 10:15 PM, GoAU said:

No, I would say that is justified for ALL police shootings.  Police kill more than just black people.  Some are justified, some may not be the right thing, but after the investigation may have been a true mistake.  The ones that are blatant murder need to be treated and charged as such.

But to be fair, if a cop gets attacked and someone grabs for a gun, attacks a cop or another person with a knife, etc - the criminal had that coming.   A cop shoots someone who is running away, unarmed, and presents to risk to anyone else - Murder in the second degree.    Unless they find a KKK tattoo, Nazi propaganda, or the cop is uttering racial slurs,  I don't think it should matter at all what the race of the people are.  

There have been cases where black cops have killed black criminals - are those racist killings?

It’s all about race to Cole.

• Dislike 1

12 hours ago, PUB78 said:

It’s all about race to Cole.

Lol you said that like you knew me. Clown show. You just keep sitting on the outside doing a bunch of talking about nothing you know about like you usually do and pretend anybody cares.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol you said that like you knew me. Clown show. You just keep sitting on the outside doing a bunch of talking about nothing you know about like you usually do and pretend anybody cares.

Now Cole. Didn’t mean to hurt your sensitive feelings. It will be okay son.

• Dislike 3