***** Police

AURex

On 6/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, PUB78 said:

Keep looking behind you and under your bed. Perhaps, one day you might find your imaginary buggy man.👿

Spectacularly racist.  Shameful.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

I believe in justice, authority without justice, a sense of humanity,  is illegitimate.  Allegiance should be given to the ideas of truth and justice.  To submit to a corrupt symbol would defy that belief.

I believe most of our police officers are good, decent people.  I believe they are grotesquely underpaid.  However, there are too many bad officers hiding in their ranks who need to be identified and dismissed.

K. We can agree to disagree.  But bottom line, that cop, good or bad has authority.  Whether u want to adhere to it is , of course, your choice

On 5/29/2022 at 9:04 PM, AURex said:

As more details emerge about the  mass killing at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, TX, it has become clear that the local police force refused to enter the school and engage the murderer. They even tried to dissuade federal agents from doing so, encouraging them to wait.

Wait for what? Wait for more children and teachers to be slaughtered?

This is not the first time that local police have refused to engage an assailant to protect children from being murdered.

What we have learned is that police are thrilled and eager to kill black Americans, white conservative politicians are eager to protect unborn fetuses, but police and politicians are cringing in the corner, slobbering afraid, to confront anyone who decides to slaughter children in a school.

There is no excuse. There is no defense. There is no moral or humanitarian or Christian justification for this kind of madness.

And I am really tired of all the defenses and protectionism of police who revel in killing, but are scared sh*tless when confronted with a kid with a gun.

Yep, JMO.

There are some bad cops but for the most part I would bet 90% or better are fair and would take a bullet to protect you and your family. It's kinda tacky and immature to spout off at the men in blue but it seems to be the "in thing" these days so you do you bud. Just make sure you don't dial 911 for them if your family is in dying need, you've been robbed, are in a car wreck, etc. I mean, why would you want to call on people that don't care about kids and are just walking around looking for black people to kill, right? 🙄 You're a freaking idiot!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got a lot of NEGs on my original post, but as more and more info comes out, it is clear that the "Serve and Protect" only applied to the COPS in this situation. They refused to go in and protect the children. The cop in charge even stated that he restrained his police and the parents from going in to confront the murderer. Look trough a window? Nope! Open the door? Nope? Let's  wait until all the kids are dead before going in there.

The state (Texas -- let's kill everyone) is even freaked by the dereliction of duty by these cops.

What a disgrace!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 7/2/2022 at 11:06 PM, AURex said:

I got a lot of NEGs on my original post, but as more and more info comes out, it is clear that the "Serve and Protect" only applied to the COPS in this situation. They refused to go in and protect the children. The cop in charge even stated that he restrained his police and the parents from going in to confront the murderer. Look trough a window? Nope! Open the door? Nope? Let's  wait until all the kids are dead before going in there.

The state (Texas -- let's kill everyone) is even freaked by the dereliction of duty by these cops.

What a disgrace!

Too bad the LEOs have qualified immunity to keep them from being liable for any civil suits from the children's parents.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, AURex said:

What a disgrace!

The reason your original post got "noped" a lot is because it was an unfocused, irrational rant.

Pretty much everyone is of the opinion that the Uvalde police did a reprehensible job, and that they made a "business decision." It stinks from the top down. No argument there.

Your extrapolating that to all police everywhere is what people did, and do, take issue with. You're free to say it, but we're also free to call you on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SLAG-91 said:

The reason your original post got "noped" a lot is because it was an unfocused, irrational rant.

Pretty much everyone is of the opinion that the Uvalde police did a reprehensible job, and that they made a "business decision." It stinks from the top down. No argument there.

Your extrapolating that to all police everywhere is what people did, and do, take issue with. You're free to say it, but we're also free to call you on it.

To be fair, police every where can be pretty terrible but for very very different reasons

7 hours ago, Didba said:

To be fair, police every where can be pretty terrible but for very very different reasons

The opposite can be said as well.  There are many stories of absolute heroism on behalf of police officers and I can’t begin to even imagine what society would look like without the people that put their butts on the line to protect us every day.  

That being said, they are people, and like every other group of people out there there is a spectrum- some are amazing, most are pretty good, and there are some that are terrible.  The ones that are terrible obviously need to be addressed, and I am all for waiving their immunity in cases where it is warranted.   But the “benefit of the doubt” needs to be given to the boots on the ground - kind of like football replays.   They don’t have the benefit of super slo-mo replays.  

The cops in charge in Uvalde are a great example - an absolute disaster due to broken protocol, poor decision making, incomplete and cowardice.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoAU said:

The opposite can be said as well.  There are many stories of absolute heroism on behalf of police officers and I can’t begin to even imagine what society would look like without the people that put their butts on the line to protect us every day.  

That being said, they are people, and like every other group of people out there there is a spectrum- some are amazing, most are pretty good, and there are some that are terrible.  The ones that are terrible obviously need to be addressed, and I am all for waiving their immunity in cases where it is warranted.   But the “benefit of the doubt” needs to be given to the boots on the ground - kind of like football replays.   They don’t have the benefit of super slo-mo replays.  

The cops in charge in Uvalde are a great example - an absolute disaster due to broken protocol, poor decision making, incomplete and cowardice.   

The problem is the ones that are just average cover for the bad ones until the bad ones do something so egregious that it cant be swept under the rug.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, Didba said:

The problem is the ones that are just average cover for the bad ones until the bad ones do something so egregious that it cant be swept under the rug.

The same can be said for many segments of society, and is unfortunately human issue.  I would love to hold all of the bad cops as accountable as I want to hold all the criminals accountable (actually upon rereading that, the two groups are actually the same).  

I still stand by my original statement however that I believe the vast, vast majority of cops are there for the right reasons and want to do well.   Given the clientele they deal with, I can understand (but not condone) frustration and cynicism, but they need to rise above the situation.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

The same can be said for many segments of society, and is unfortunately human issue.  I would love to hold all of the bad cops as accountable as I want to hold all the criminals accountable (actually upon rereading that, the two groups are actually the same).  

I still stand by my original statement however that I believe the vast, vast majority of cops are there for the right reasons and want to do well.   Given the clientele they deal with, I can understand (but not condone) frustration and cynicism, but they need to rise above the situation.  

We are on the same page. I guess my point is even though other segments of society do the same stuff, which I agree with, I just think cops should be held to a higher standard than most other professions due to their inherent position of power.

I disagree with giving cops the benefit of the doubt, that benefit of the doubt is what allows for bad cops to get away with terrible acts, just an example is the cop that was caught planting drugs in innocent people's car by his bodycam, or the videos of cops claiming they can do XYZ when the law clearly controverts what they are claiming. 

They hold an immense position of power over common people who often don't know any better regarding what the law is or isn't and as such should he held to a very high standard.

Its a lose-lose situation.

@wdefromtx why the facepalm? my statement is true. Average cops cover for bad cops all the time.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Didba said:

We are on the same page. I guess my point is even though other segments of society do the same stuff, which I agree with, I just think cops should be held to a higher standard than most other professions due to their inherent position of power.

@wdefromtx why the facepalm? my statement is true. Average cops cover for bad cops all the time.

So we just have bad and average? No good or exceptional cops? 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

So we just have bad and average? No good or exceptional cops? 

Of course, we do, never said we didn't. My comment even implies that there are good/exceptional cops though its a bit vague so I can see the misunderstanding.

Edited by Didba
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Didba said:

I disagree with giving cops the benefit of the doubt, that benefit of the doubt is what allows for bad cops to get away with terrible acts, just an example is the cop that was caught planting drugs in innocent people's car by his bodycam, or the videos of cops claiming they can do XYZ when the law clearly controverts what they are claiming. 

They hold an immense position of power over common people who often don't know any better regarding what the law is or isn't and as such should he held to a very high standard.

I once wore the badge but in todays climate I’d rather serve in combat overseas. LEOs are targeted way too often good, bad or indifferent. I agree with your statement though. 

• Like 2

Meanwhile a black woman policeman in Albany was assassinated and the city and it's police are using a loop hole to not give her children her pension and benefits........all these good people.

Something like this happens and it's just too bad, but be a policeman who actually fight against bad policemen and they will literally try to kill you......

• Like 1

A big problem with policing lies in their union.  It really isn't a union at all.  It has become a right-wing political organization.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

Problem is that the pay, nature of the job, training, and education requirements for many police departments are on the lower end of the scale and do not tend to attract the...most well rounded, professional individuals. 

As long as you can pass the physical test, can write and speak at at least a grade school level, and don't have any felonies on your record, you'd probably be able to find a police department somewhere that will hire you. 

We need to train and compensate our officers in a way that is more comparable to the stress, and authority/importance that the job has.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Problem is that the pay, nature of the job, training, and education requirements for many police departments are on the lower end of the scale and do not tend to attract the...most well rounded, professional individuals. 

As long as you can pass the physical test, can write and speak at at least a grade school level, and don't have any felonies on your record, you'd probably be able to find a police department somewhere that will hire you. 

We need to train and compensate our officers in a way that is more comparable to the stress, and authority/importance that the job has.  

Unfortunately, the nature of the job also attracts more psychopathic personalities than many other professions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

A big problem with policing lies in their union.  It really isn't a union at all.  It has become a right-wing political organization.

Agree with you - unions in general have outlived their usefulness and generally shield people from personal accountability.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cole256 said:

Meanwhile a black woman policeman in Albany was assassinated and the city and it's police are using a loop hole to not give her children her pension and benefits........all these good people.

Something like this happens and it's just too bad, but be a policeman who actually fight against bad policemen and they will literally try to kill you......

I personally know of three families of white cops dealing with the same thing. Cops are being targeted for no reason other than to fulfill vendettas from other communities. Seems fair doesn’t it? 

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

I personally know of three families of white cops dealing with the same thing. Cops are being targeted for no reason other than to fulfill vendettas from other communities. Seems fair doesn’t it? 

I don't know what you are saying. 

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Damn I’ve never been around departments like that but I know they exist especially in smaller communities where tax bases are reduced. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't know what you are saying. 

Ok 

7 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I hear people say this about pay but when I look up salaries policemen are paid quite well.

Policemen definitely need to be held accountable like you say though

Just now, cole256 said:

I hear people say this about pay but when I look up salaries policemen are paid quite well.

Policemen definitely need to be held accountable like you say though

Pay is not universal. Some pay well, others do not. 

• Like 1