***** Police

AURex

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Ok 

You need to come off of the I was a policeman they do know wrong shtick. If anything you should be pissed at bad apples instead of constantly standing for them......

But I know how important it is for you 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Pay is not universal. Some pay well, others do not. 

Right. Which is why we can stop saying they aren't all paid well and use that as an excuse for them when they do a poor job

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, GoAU said:

Agree with you - unions in general have outlived their usefulness and generally shield people from personal accountability.  

Not all unions......police Union's. Just like you all go on and speak you can't judge all policemen. You can't judge all unions when police unions has been showing an abuse of authority more often than other unions

• Like 2
  • Love 1

All this cop racism crap- they earned their reputation for it, years and years, and currently treating certain people in certain areas as if "how are you tonight?" and other people like "your left lamp is dim........get the hell out of the car right now sir". And they aren't doing enough to rectify that situation. Anybody who says this isn't the case (78^) the hell with them. 

Over in Texas those guys are in deep trouble. Blood on their hands direclty it seems, although we only get to read and hear what the fire-stokers say and write. I trust (hope) Texas or DOJ or who-the-hell-ever will reveal the final truths on it. Those families deserve it, and if it really is the way it looks, those cops deserve the fallout. But this thing Rex says- they hekd back because it wasn't a black guy? Come on man. That's a stretch right there. These arguments can no longer afford stretches. The cops shooting black people thing is at a boiling point. Sad to see bullschit added as fuel. It needs to finish boiling over with truth or simmer down with peace and no more shootings. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Not all unions......police Union's. Just like you all go on and speak you can't judge all policemen. You can't judge all unions when police unions has been showing an abuse of authority more often than other unions

I guess you’re right that there may be a good union out there - I have only seen issues with some in the police unions as mentioned above and 3 different manufacturing unions where they constantly fought any attempt to improve the viability of a business, to remove workers that had detrimental effects on their coworkers (mainly though safety, conduct or attendance issues) and the self serving union committee.  I also see the constant BS the teachers unions are trying to pull.   Government employee unions are an absolute joke as well.  So, while I remain open to the concept that there may actually be a “good union”, I will file that with the Lock Ness monster and the Sasquatch as “possible but unlikely” until I see one.  

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, GoAU said:

I guess you’re right that there may be a good union out there - I have only seen issues with some in the police unions as mentioned above and 3 different manufacturing unions where they constantly fought any attempt to improve the viability of a business, to remove workers that had detrimental effects on their coworkers (mainly though safety, conduct or attendance issues) and the self serving union committee.  I also see the constant BS the teachers unions are trying to pull.   Government employee unions are an absolute joke as well.  So, while I remain open to the concept that there may actually be a “good union”, I will file that with the Lock Ness monster and the Sasquatch as “possible but unlikely” until I see one.  

ALPA has protected the jobs of incompetent pilots and those who are mentally unstable. Yeah they help get pay increases and work rules improvements but they really pack the pockets of the senior executives. They also gave in to the company on a lot of small things that add up to the detriment of the pilot force. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, homersapien said:

Unfortunately, the nature of the job also attracts more psychopathic personalities than many other professions.

Our politicians are giving them a run for the money. Sadly.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 8:14 AM, icanthearyou said:

A big problem with policing lies in their union.  It really isn't a union at all.  It has become a right-wing political organization.

Right wing? I look forward to your evidence.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, GoAU said:

Well I myself personally have either been in or worked with Union guys for almost 20 years now. So yeah I guess it depends on your craft. But you keep telling me about all of these good policemen and I keep saying all aren't bad for the sake of logic but these outstanding policemen that are walking around are like Bigfoot to me

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I mean it's well known that tons of unions today are very conservative. At least where I live.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:47 AM, SaltyTiger said:

Sometimes opinions better kept to one’s self. 

i am not sure an opinion counts much when children are being murdered. and is this not the second time the police were slow in getting our kids to safety? i cannot remember the other one there there so many these days. i will say we do have some great officers out there that wold do the right thing if allowed.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:54 AM, AUFAN78 said:

do you think the left would let a cop off over hurting and shooting someone so they can move to another town in other states and continue the same damn crap? go look into the "we own this city" stuff. baltimore maryland had crooked cops running the streets all day long. i will not apologize for the series they made on one of the cable providers because it is based on fact but foe those that have time go look it up. it is an eye opener and the dust still has not settled yet. look there are folks that just love to hate anything that is non white. it is so ingrained in us we miss little things. no black santa or jesus. blacks are stupid. blacks have inferior genes. race has hardly gotten better in the country folks just went more underground with it. there is a growing fear on both sides, black and white, to distrust each other. here is a rule to mostly tell if a black man or a white man was shot. ask yourself how many times each was shot and were they running in fear of their life?then ask yourself how many times? white supremacists found a lot of love in the trump white house and it has emboldened them.many are in fact police officers. anniston had some but we got rid of them. then they turned around and hired one back as a deputy and i never found out why.

what i am wondering is why you need proof when you should be able to see it easily?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Police kill another Black man — and the same old questions arise

Two years ago, the country reacted in disbelief and horror to the killing of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer. His murder raised troubling questions about policing in America and the use of deadly force. Did racial bias play a role in his agonizing death? Was training a factor? How could there be such disregard for a human life?

Those same questions are now being asked again after the death of another Black man who police shot more than 60 times after what was supposed to be a routine traffic stop.

Jayland Walker, 25, was killed by police in Akron, Ohio, on June 27 in an incident that sparked days of protests, prompting authorities to impose a curfew and cancel Independence Day celebrations. Police said they had tried to pull Mr. Walker over for unspecified equipment and traffic violations at 12:30 a.m. when he fled and a chase ensued. About 40 seconds after the chase started, police said, a gunshot was fired from Mr. Walker’s car. After several minutes, according to police, Mr. Walker, who had no criminal record, got out of his car and ran away. Police said they deployed Tasers but couldn’t subdue him. Seconds later, after police say Mr. Walker stopped and turned toward the officers, they opened fire.

More than 90 rounds were discharged, and it appears from the police body cam videos of the chase and shooting that shots were fired even after Mr. Walker fell to the ground. “It was absolutely excessive,” said the attorney for Mr. Walker’s family. “The way the law required, indeed, the way we are all required, to look at this is through the eyes of a reasonable police officer as it’s happening. I ask you, as he’s running away, what is reasonable? To gun him down? No, that’s not reasonable.”

Mr. Walker was unarmed when he was shot. Police said they found a handgun in the car, but it’s not clear whether it was loaded. Eight officers directly involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave; the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is conducting an inquiry and will turn the case over for review to the state attorney general.

There are many unanswered questions that will determine whether these officers should be criminally prosecuted. Foremost: Was a gun discharged during the chase that gives credence to officers’ claims they feared for their lives? While the delay in the release of information has been troubling, it is important not to prejudge the outcome of this case. There must be a thorough investigation and a full airing of the findings. Aside from the specific issue of possible criminal culpability, there should be some renewed soul searching by law enforcement authorities — both in Akron and across the nation — about practices that have resulted in unarmed Black suspects being killed by police more often than Whites.

We hoped that after Floyd’s death, departments would reassess the use of deadly force, improve training and question the wisdom of tactics like giving chase to drivers with broken headlights. That this young man is dead after being stopped for a traffic violation is not only a needless tragedy, but it is just plain wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/06/akron-ohio-police-shooting-jayland-walker/

On 7/8/2022 at 3:44 PM, homersapien said:

Police kill another Black man — and the same old questions arise

Two years ago, the country reacted in disbelief and horror to the killing of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer. His murder raised troubling questions about policing in America and the use of deadly force. Did racial bias play a role in his agonizing death? Was training a factor? How could there be such disregard for a human life?

Those same questions are now being asked again after the death of another Black man who police shot more than 60 times after what was supposed to be a routine traffic stop.

Jayland Walker, 25, was killed by police in Akron, Ohio, on June 27 in an incident that sparked days of protests, prompting authorities to impose a curfew and cancel Independence Day celebrations. Police said they had tried to pull Mr. Walker over for unspecified equipment and traffic violations at 12:30 a.m. when he fled and a chase ensued. About 40 seconds after the chase started, police said, a gunshot was fired from Mr. Walker’s car. After several minutes, according to police, Mr. Walker, who had no criminal record, got out of his car and ran away. Police said they deployed Tasers but couldn’t subdue him. Seconds later, after police say Mr. Walker stopped and turned toward the officers, they opened fire.

More than 90 rounds were discharged, and it appears from the police body cam videos of the chase and shooting that shots were fired even after Mr. Walker fell to the ground. “It was absolutely excessive,” said the attorney for Mr. Walker’s family. “The way the law required, indeed, the way we are all required, to look at this is through the eyes of a reasonable police officer as it’s happening. I ask you, as he’s running away, what is reasonable? To gun him down? No, that’s not reasonable.”

Mr. Walker was unarmed when he was shot. Police said they found a handgun in the car, but it’s not clear whether it was loaded. Eight officers directly involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave; the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is conducting an inquiry and will turn the case over for review to the state attorney general.

There are many unanswered questions that will determine whether these officers should be criminally prosecuted. Foremost: Was a gun discharged during the chase that gives credence to officers’ claims they feared for their lives? While the delay in the release of information has been troubling, it is important not to prejudge the outcome of this case. There must be a thorough investigation and a full airing of the findings. Aside from the specific issue of possible criminal culpability, there should be some renewed soul searching by law enforcement authorities — both in Akron and across the nation — about practices that have resulted in unarmed Black suspects being killed by police more often than Whites.

We hoped that after Floyd’s death, departments would reassess the use of deadly force, improve training and question the wisdom of tactics like giving chase to drivers with broken headlights. That this young man is dead after being stopped for a traffic violation is not only a needless tragedy, but it is just plain wrong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/06/akron-ohio-police-shooting-jayland-walker/

Can you tell us when the last white person was killed by a cop?...or does it matter?...why do you race bait?...its like your desperately making efforts to point out only black people killed by cops...ya kinda left out a few ethnicities ...its almost  like you...of a people, have a political motive...or something  lol

• Facepalm 2

15 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Can you tell us when the last white person was killed by a cop?...or does it matter?...why do you race bait?...its like your desperately making efforts to point out only black people killed by cops...ya kinda left out a few ethnicities ...its almost  like you...of a people, have a political motive...or something  lol

Well, I wouldn't characterize printing a thought-provoking editorial from a major newspaper as a "desperate effort to point out only black people (are) killed by cops", nor would I suggest anyone has a "political motive" for doing so,  well other than a desire for more self-examination of ourselves as a society. 

As for describing such a thing as "race-baiting",  that sort of speaks for itself.  :-\

But you do you.  

Edited by homersapien

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, I wouldn't characterize printing a thought-provoking editorial from a major newspaper as a "desperate effort to point out only black people (are) killed by cops", nor would I suggest anyone has a "political motive" for doing so,  well other than a desire for more self-examination of ourselves as a society. 

As for describing such a thing as "race-baiting",  that sort of speaks for itself.  :-\

But you do you.  

Is the paper you only source to the outside world?

2 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Is the paper you only source to the outside world?

Yeah, my ONLY source.   What an idiotic question. :rolleyes:

Are you drunk?

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, my ONLY source.   What an idiotic question. :rolleyes:

Are you drunk?

Well yeah lol...but you still kind of give of a political angle that's obvious...its not new with you.....theres nothing genuine with you. ..It doesn't take that much effort to figure out the BS in alot of you posts...smartest guy here maybe...but your using it all for propaganda....I have no idea how you have the time to do what you do..but hey...its America!!

• Love 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, aubiefifty said:

we miss little things. no black santa or jesus.

I assume you know that Santa Claus originated in 280 AD Germany and Jesus  is clearly of Hebrew origin, right?  Neither of these has anything to do with racism.  

• Angry 1
  • Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I assume you know that Santa Claus originated in 280 AD Germany and Jesus  is clearly of Hebrew origin, right?  Neither of these has anything to do with racism.  

I hear way more about " Jesus wasn't white" than I've heard opposition to it lol....I think in some people's minds there's a bigger issue over this than in reality....

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I hear way more about " Jesus wasn't white" than I've heard opposition to it lol....I think in some people's minds there's a bigger issue over this than in reality....

Lol now we are going to pretend not to understand the problem of pushing Jesus is white to generations of people?

• Love 1

One of the major problems is not having a high standard selection process as far as talent acquisition. I've been curious about this so literally right now I've been going thru the hiring process for policemen. 

Very unimpressed so far. 

• Love 1

16 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Our country does not have a history of persecuting, descriminating against,  white people. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

One of the major problems is not having a high standard selection process as far as talent acquisition. I've been curious about this so literally right now I've been going thru the hiring process for policemen. 

Very unimpressed so far. 

Part of the problem is that a lot of departments just need warm bodies. It's not an attractive field for a lot of reasons. 

• Like 2