***** Police

AURex

Corrupt cops are one of the reasons I decided to become a lawyer. That and medical malpractice but I cannot pursue that.  Thanks tort reform!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Didba said:

Dude... I am saying this with no dog in the hunt. This is not a good look.

History here. Last post I’ll make about it 

8 hours ago, Didba said:

Corrupt cops are one of the reasons I decided to become a lawyer. That and medical malpractice but I cannot pursue that.  Thanks tort reform!

Go get ‘em! The reason I left the thin blue line was arrogant badge flashers. 

On 7/20/2022 at 8:14 PM, cole256 said:

Somebody wants some attention

I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn’t allow so I’ll just put it out in the public eye. 

I want to apologize for being an ass to you in the political forum. We won’t ever agree on a few things in life but I was wrong to press you. I like what you bring to the forum. War Eagle 

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/21/mississippi-police-chief-recording-fired-dobbins/

This Mississippi chief is the walking stereotype of bad southern cop. 

After this recording was made public he was fired by the city/police council by a 3-2 vote. 

On the tape, the supervising officer can be heard saying, “You’re going to get some s--- in the streets, and there’s only going to be one man fighting for you, and it’s going to be me, OK? Don’t ever ruin that, all right, because these other n-----s, they’re [unintelligible]. I don’t give a f--- if you kill a mother---er in cold blood. I will articulate to fix the f---ing problem, and I’m the only man in the business here that’s smart enough to do it.”

The officer bragged about his past killings. “I have killed 13 men in my career, justified,” he said. “In my line of duty, I have shot and killed 13 different people.”

“You shot that many motherf---ers?” the other officer asked.

“Yes, sir, justified, bro’,” the officer asked. “Ask around.”

The officer began to detail some of those cases, saying, “I’m talking about a man had a gun, a man had to die.”

He described a shootout in a cornfield. “Justified, bro’,” he said. “I shot that n----- 119 times, OK? I saved 67 kids in a school.”

“I chased this motherf---er across the field. I got him. He was DRT [dead right there] in the field. The vehicle was shot 319 times, but he was hit 119 times by me.”

He said he was cleared at the sheriff’s office, where he worked at the time, and received his gun back before he ever sat back down.

When the subject arises of him talking to someone, he responded with homophobic slurs, “I don’t talk to f---ing queers, I don’t talk to f---ing fa——s.”

...............................................................................................

....identified the officer as Sam Dobbins, the White police chief of Lexington, a 85% majority Black town on the edge of the Mississippi Delta.

Contacted for comment, Dobbins said he was unaware of the recording.

Asked whether he killed 13 people in the line of duty, he replied, “That’s something we don’t discuss, period.”

He also denied using slurs. “I don’t talk like that,” he said.

Way too late but glad he's no longer there. 

On 7/19/2022 at 6:22 PM, AURex said:

I just want to clarify ..... my original Subject line was not an obscenity. I don't know why a Mod decided to replace my word with asterisks.

My original subject line was "Cowardly Police" and I stand by that. All reports that have been issued subsequent to the mass murder event indicates that police stood around and did crowd control while an active shooter was murdering children. Slaughtering children!

"Serve and Protect" applied only to themselves. They were all chicken sheeeeeet, not even trying to confront a kid with a gun.

Every single one of these cops should be prosecuted for accessory to homicide, failure to exercise their SWORN duty, and impeding the efforts of others to save the children.

No different from that security guard in Florida who was afraid to protect children and hid outside the school. They are all so brave confronting an unarmed, scared kid, shooting him or abusing him to death. Facing a shooter -- "let's pretend it's not our job."

It IS their job. That's what they are paid to do. Dammmmed cowards.

But ya know, even if they are fired or quite the police force there, they will be hired elsewhere. Maybe YOUR city, where they will protect you from unarmed kids and hide from active shooters.

When it's career day at your school but your dad's a cop and refuses to  enter the building - )

• Haha 1

If I give you a .38 or, a 9mm and, tell you to go get the barricaded shooter with an assault weapon, what would you do?

The police should not be put in this position.  The answer is not arming the police with military/military style weapons.

The logical, practical answer is a very simple one.  

I own several guns.  I feel no need to own an offensive weapon that allows me to kill dozens of people in a just a few minutes.

• Like 4

What is your logical, practical, very simple answer? Even if you require registration or ban these weapons, murderous glory-seekers will get them.

How do you propose the police deal with these shooters who are slaughtering children?

1. Stand by and do crowd control?
2. Deny that it is their responsibility to challenge the killer?
3. Pretend it isn't happening?
4. Turn off messaging from dispatch saying children are alive but pleading for help?
5. Try to keep swat team from going in?
6. Make captive any parents ir others who want to go in?

There is no excuse. There is no defense. There is no practical, simple answer -- EXCEPT

It is the sworn responsibility of police to serve and protect THEIR COMMUNITY, their CHILDREN. That is what they are hired to do.

This police chief and every single officer on the scene needs to be arrested, tried, convicted and imprisoned for negligence of duty, negligent homicide, contributing to the death of minors, willful dereliction of duty, and accessory to murder.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:38 PM, AURex said:

What is your logical, practical, very simple answer? Even if you require registration or ban these weapons, murderous glory-seekers will get them.

The sooner bans are put in place the less guns that will be produced, the less that will be floating around out there. 

It's not an easy or quick solution but it's sure as hell a lot better than doing nothing and still continuing to sell these weapons to just about anyone who wants them. 

Yes, bad people will still be able to get them, but you may very well save lives and prevent some shootings if a person isn't able to easily, and legally buy one from a store and has to try to obtain one illegally through back channels. 

• Like 4

On 7/21/2022 at 2:41 AM, Didba said:

Are you a defend the police guy?

• Facepalm 1

On 7/28/2022 at 2:50 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

The sooner bans are put in place the less guns that will be produced, the less that will be floating around out there. 

It's not an easy or quick solution but it's sure as hell a lot better than doing nothing and still continuing to sell these weathpons to just about anyone who wants them. 

Yes, bad people will still be able to get them, but you may very well save lives and prevent some shootings if a person isn't able to easily, and legally buy one from a store and has to try to obtain one illegally through back channels. 

A good analogy is, if you have a problem with a ruptured water pipe flooding your basement, the first thing you do is cut the water off.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

An good analogy is if you have a problem with a ruptured water pipe flooding your basement, the first thing you do is cut the water off.

Chances are in your basement you will turn the water back on.  Does this mean you will return the guns to their owners after you have eliminated the problem (the perp)? To complete your analogy. Or did I misunderstand it?

On 7/28/2022 at 8:34 PM, SaturdayGT said:

Are you a defend the police guy?

No.

• Like 1

It's not an easy or quick solution but it's sure as hell a lot better than doing nothing and still continuing to sell these weapons to just about anyone who wants them. 

I think we are a bit late on bans keeping millions of already manufactured guns from "floating" around out there....searching for their next victim........like sharks in the water. 

• Like 1

If I give you a .38 or, a 9mm and, tell you to go get the barricaded shooter with an assault weapon, what would you do?

The police should not be put in this position.  The answer is not arming the police with military/military style weapons.

The logical, practical answer is a very simple one.  

I own several guns.  I feel no need to own an offensive weapon that allows me to kill dozens of people in a just a few minutes.

I would do my damn duty, use my training and ability to the upmost, and attack the situation. I would expect my colleagues to join me and with an effective assault neutralize the perp and restore order. It's pretty damn simple.....

for those of us trained to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I would do my damn duty, use my training and ability to the upmost, and attack the situation. I would expect my colleagues to join me and with an effective assault neutralize the perp and restore order. It's pretty damn simple.....

Would you do it for what they're paid?

You miss the point.  There is no reason for law enforcement to be put in such a situation.  None.  There is no reason for school children to be put in that situation, over and over again.  None.

No offense to you and John Wayne.

• Like 1

I think we are a bit late on bans keeping millions of already manufactured guns from "floating" around out there....searching for their next victim........like sharks in the water. 

Yep.  But first things first.  Cut the damn "water" off.

I am sure the police - at least the thinking ones - would appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Would you do it for what they're paid?

Average pay for a line police officer is $55,000 per year. Plus health benefits and a HUGE pension plan.  That's a WHOLE OT more that  the teachers who tried to protect the children. It's more than the EMTs who tried to get them to the hospital. It's more than the nurses who tried to keep them from dying. And THEY were not specifically hired to PROTECT AND SERVE, which these cowardly cops were!

As for the Joe Average cop receiving $55,000 per year, he can assault, steal, and kill with impunity since the system is designed to give him the "benefit of the doubt" in every single interaction. Fact is, the number of Chauvins actually brought to trial and convicted is close to zero. Cops everywhere can do whatever they want to do with no consequences.

Now .... define Police State.

Edited by AURex
  • Facepalm 2

Yep.  But first things first.  Cut the damn "water" off.

I am sure the police - at least the thinking ones - would appreciate it. 

Much like y’all it depends on which cop you ask. 

You miss the point.  There is no reason for law enforcement to be put in such a situation.  None.  There is no reason for school children to be put in that situation, over and over again.  None.

No offense to you and John Wayne.

Utopian? It’s nonsense to think you can stop it all. Unrealistic 

• Facepalm 1

Utopian? It’s nonsense to think you can stop it all. Unrealistic 

Face palm all you want. It’s illogical to think this world or this country will stop hosting evil acts. Therefore we must provide the public with trained officers who are prepared to look evil in the eye and neutralize it. John Wayne or not. 🙄

• Like 1

Face palm all you want. It’s illogical to think this world or this country will stop hosting evil acts. Therefore we must provide the public with trained officers who are prepared to look evil in the eye and neutralize it. John Wayne or not. 🙄

I ask again...would you do it for what they're paid?