Baseball Regional Series

The Vandy-OSU game is on SEC Network for anyone who wants to watch.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Well, it wasn't like the pitcher looked completely lost. He walked the first batter after running the count full, then got two quick outs before a single. He let one get away from him and hit the next guy to load the bases, but he had two strikes on the guy who drilled the single to center an knocked home two...

Eh, last inning he also gave up a hard hit out that would have been a double if not for an amazing catch by the CF, another double, and a single. All while barely finding the strike zone. Should have been taken out when he hit the batter.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Eh, last inning he also gave up a hard hit out that would have been a double if not for an amazing catch by the CF, another double, and a single. All while barely finding the strike zone. Should have been taken out when he hit the batter.

Well, I'm guessing that you're right in that the bullpen is on fumes, but I'm just saying that I don't know anything about the rapport that pitcher might have with his coaches.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Well, I'm guessing that you're right in that the bullpen is on fumes, but I'm just saying that I don't know anything about the rapport that pitcher might have with his coaches.

Looked on Twitter and all the Vandy fans are upset that he wasn't taken out as well. Apparently the kid has not been good the last 2 seasons and can't believe he was left in that long.

Vandy gets 2 runs back! An error keeps the inning alive and scores 1 run, then a single scores the 2nd. OSU with a new pitcher. He has a 3.05 ERA compared to the guy that just got pulled with a 1.85 ERA. 2 outs with runners on 1st and 2nd.

6-5 OSU

Single, walk, sac bunt. Runners on 2nd and 3rd. Sac fly to shallow rf and the runner slides under the tag.

Play is reviewed and upheld!

TIED GAME 6-6

Seriously, I hate Vandy ...

Solo homer ... Every time they get the tie or the lead they blow it in the next inning.

7-6 OSU

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Seriously, I hate Vandy ...

Solo homer ... Every time they get the tie or the lead they blow it in the next inning.

7-6 OSU

Typically with a homer lol

6 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

You outlasted me by 30 minutes. Wish we had more fans like you:wedance:

I love Auburn, Butch and baseball.   Thanks for what you do PT! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Apparently this is a normal thing for this pitcher. Goes into the bullpen for an appearance 2 days after a start.

Falls behind 2-0 ... grounder to the pitcher. Runner moves to 2nd.

We just got back home 30 minutes ago.  We = my sweet bride of 31 years and my 2 girls (yes my girls are avid AU sports fans) were fortunate enough to be able to go to the Plains Friday-Monday (from B'ham).   It has been a long time since I got in bed past 2AM 3 nights in a row and didn't grill out for 3 straight nights (ribs are smoking now).  My personal observations -- Plainsman Park may be middle to low in the SEC but boy she sure looked beautiful this weekend +.   Something about the parking deck in left and hundreds of folks hanging there, South Don standing tall in right with the hitting lab right under her.    100's of fans behind the fence in right center. The immaculate clay infield.  The greenest grass in the world.  She simply looked beautiful.  Former MLB star and UCLA player dad, Eric Karros, couldn't have been more complementary of our facilities, fans and program.  His opinion matters.   I stopped another 30 something year old UCLA guy yesterday before the cancellation and asked "tell me about your experience" and he replied simply "man I love Auburn."   This was as they were getting beat 9-0.  I"ll be honest, I sometimes take us for granted.    The games -- we absolutely freakin dominated.    51 runs, 59 hits, 1 error.   Come on man.   Against FSU and UCLA.   Come on.  Our staff-- if you have a pitcher do you want Butch and Huddy coaching your son?  If you have a hitter -- Gabe and Karl?   And add to it the kind of men that they are.    I love BP and what he has done is unreal.  But think of this, Butch has 11 scholarships, no Hope scholarship, no Vandy foundation.  He literally has one hand tied behind his back, yet we have won 9 straight regional games. I think this will be 4 out of the last 5 super regionals for us...  The fans -- our fans are unfreakingcrazygoodunreal.   Mike the helmet guy needs a 6 figure NIL deal.   I have no idea how his voice survives 4 consecutive days.   That man believes in Auburn and loves it.  The stands were so crazy loud.   Mason had 8 straight strikeouts last night in part because the batters had a chainsaw in their head every AB.   There had to be 700 people in the parking deck and another 350 in the outfield.   Because of these things I believe in Auburn and love it.   War Eagle.  I got to check my ribs.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

14 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Strike out swinging.

No Super Regional host for Auburn. :(

Thanks again for what you do so well……no grandson yet but things are progressing tonight.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Drag to fly to Corvallis for… well, for any reason. Ghat team is very bearable though! Let’s go get it!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Apparently this is a normal thing for this pitcher. Goes into the bullpen for an appearance 2 days after a start.

Falls behind 2-0 ... grounder to the pitcher. Runner moves to 2nd.

He doesn't have to face SEC hitters every week. Hard to tell how good he really is, but I wouldn't be surprised if he throws the first game against Auburn. Hope we're ready for him.

Vandy today was simply out of gas. They had to play too many games to even get to today's game. There just wasn't enough left in their tank. Hate it for them.....

Oregon State will be tough but I hope Auburn can pick him apart. I don't know if he's any better than some of the SEC pitchers Auburn has faced. I guess we're about to find out.

• Like 1