Baseball Regional Series

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We just set an SEC regional record with 40 runs in 2 games.  We have averaged 5 HR's per game.  We have won 8 straight regional games.   Life is good.

The 40 runs in 2 games is actually a tie with LSU. But still damn good. :D

UCLA not making the FSU pitcher work at all. They've struck out 7 times in the last 3 innings. He's only thrown 33 pitches in those innings compared to 42 the prior 2.

So much for either team getting deep into their bullpen. lol FSU goes down 1-2-3 in 11 pitches.

Scoreless through 5.

FSU breaks the scoring open with a solo shot. UCLA pitcher is at 89 pitches so that's probably gonna end his day.

1-0 FSU T7th

Well, so much for the high scoring multi pitcher game we’d hoped for … 

I’m not familiar with these teams and their weekend .  Who’s sitting best/worst with their pitching leading to our game?

Edited by mustache eagle

UCLA answers back on the first pitch in the 7th! Gives up another single and then a fielder's choice before his day is done. Nice work from him, though, after he looked like he might not make it to the 4th.

1-1 T7th

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Well, so much for the high scoring multi pitcher game we’d hoped for … 

I’m not familiar with these teams and their weekend .  Who’s sitting best/worst with their pitching leading to our game?

I think they're both at the same, tbh. UCLA has used less pitching but have less depth (if what the announcers have been saying is true). FSU supposedly has an insane amount of depth and their pitching is their strong point.

FSU going to one of their better arms here. Has almost a 2 k/inning ratio.

Edit: And he walks the first batter on 4 pitches.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Haha 1

UCLA kid is 5'4 and 150 lbs. Love seeing small guys like this succeed in athletics. HIGH chopper to 3rd and the batter is safe on a close play but FSU is out of challenges.

But I guess the FSU manager persuaded the umps enough to instigate a review after they weren't going to. Sorry, if you are out of challenges, you shouldn't be able to talk to the ump about reviewing it.

Edit: Play overturned. Stupid that the manager can just keep bothering the umps long enough that they review it despite not having challenges. If they can do that then just give teams unlimited challenges.

Edit 2: Ground out to end the small threat.

1-1 B7th

Edited by tgrogan21

FSU throwing Crowell now.  He is their best arm.  He threw 45 pitches Friday.   He has never thrown back to back so we will not see him tonight or tomorrow if needed.   Scalaro is their 4th best arm.   Since he threw 90 pitches he is done.   We are in good shape tonight.   FSU still making simple mistakes.

• Like 2

I mean these teams have to do whatever they can to survive this game.  Can't think about Auburn right now. 

UCLA goes to a guy in the bullpen and he only throws 12 pitches and faces 3 batters before getting yanked. Not sure if there was an injury or something. Runner on 1st after an error and 2 outs.

New pitcher comes in and gets a ground out.

1-1 T8th

Has nothing to do with our regional but Oklahoma State coming back from down 12-0 to lead 17-14 is stupid.

WOW. FSU 1B with a diving stop and the pitcher failed him and didn't get to the bag quick enough. Can't hesitate like that.

On one hand I want to play FSU cause of their pitching, their crap defense, and it'll be fun to beat them twice.

On the other hand ... I don't want to listen to these stupid fans and their stupid chop.

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

On one hand I want to play FSU cause of their pitching, their crap defense, and it'll be fun to beat them twice.

On the other hand ... I don't want to listen to these stupid fans and their stupid chop.

FSU has an excellent pitching staff.  

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

FSU has an excellent pitching staff.  

Talking about how many pitchers they've used.

New pitcher for UCLA who goes 1-2-3.

UCLA has the bottom 3rd of their line up coming up and FSU will have the middle of the lineup in the 9th.

1-1 T9th

UCLA with the lead off bomb over the monster!!! That's his 3rd homer of the weekend after only hitting 5 all season.

2-1 UCLA

Lead off single for FSU. Pinch runner comes in.

DEEP fly to the wall in center and the pinch runner smartly tags up to go to 2nd.

Edit: Play being reviewed to see if he left 1st early.

Edit 2: Call stands, runner on 2nd with 1 out.

Edited by tgrogan21