Baseball Regional Series

Barnett got a strike out, his 10th which is a career high.

Auburn leads 9-0 in the Bottom of the 6th with 1 out.

I highly doubt I'll keep doing updates cause it'll be late if we even finish this.

Don't guess they will call a game that's into the 6th inning will they? 

I hate delays when we are rolling like this.  Gives other teams a boost sometimes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Don't guess they will call a game that's into the 6th inning will they? 

If we can't continue, Auburn wins, right? We've completed 5 innings. But I don't know if that is the same rules in the postseason or not.

I think it has to be 7 innings for it to count but I’d assume they’d never shorten a post season game

probably finish tomorrow- I hope they’ll finish tonight.  Not sure I can stay up to see the end tonight 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

If we can't continue, Auburn wins, right? We've completed 5 innings. But I don't know if that is the same rules in the postseason or not.

I thought that was a rule but like you said would they push to tomorrow since they are already setup for tomorrow if necessary?

I checked the radar … this is the only storm cell in the entire state

darn near the only cell in the south other than Jacksonville area

Edited by mustache eagle

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I thought that was a rule but like you said would they push to tomorrow since they are already setup for tomorrow if necessary?

I have no idea, trying to see if I can find out what the rule is for this.

MLB is 5 innings if Home team is winning. 

Regulation Game

Definition

A game is considered a regulation game -- also known as an "official game" -- once the visiting team has made 15 outs (five innings) and the home team is leading, or once the home team has made 15 outs regardless of score.

NCAA 5-8 Regulation Game

Regulation Game

SECTION 8.     a. A regulation game shall be nine innings unless:

1) Extended because of a tied score (see 5-8-d);

2) Shortened because (a) the home team needs none or only part of its half of the ninth inning or (b) the umpire calls the game after satisfying either “b” or “c” below or 5-10 (Tie Game); or

3) Seven-inning games have been scheduled for a doubleheader by conference rule or mutual agreement (see 5-7-d).

Note: If a seven-inning game has been scheduled, the rules applying to the ninth inning shall be applied to the seventh inning.

b. It shall be a regulation game if called by the umpire at any time after five innings have been completed, and the score shall be that of the last equal inning played, except that in the following circumstances the score of the game shall be the total number of runs that each team has scored:

. It is a regulation game if it is called by the umpire for any cause that puts patrons or players in peril such as for darkness, inclement weather, a facility problem or crowd behavior, provided the conditions in 5-8-b have been met. If a game is delayed due to inclement weather, a facility problem, etc., a reasonable amount of time (not less than 30 minutes) must elapse before the game is called.

Example 2—Same scenario as Example A, but due to rain, the game does not start until 1 p.m. At 3:10 p.m., the home team leads 7-5 at the end of four and one-half innings. Ruling: Umpires shall call the game with the home team declared the winner. The conditions of a regulation game have been met as noted in Rule 5-8.

https://baseballrulesacademy.com/official-rule/ncaa/ncaa-5-8-regulation-game/

I have no idea if this applies to postseason, though.

Edit: Just beat me @AUBwins

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Haha 1

Yeah, no way I'm staying up for us to potentially start back up. Hope that if we do resume, we get the W.

War Eagle, everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you tgrogan21 for your information tonight.  I could not get the game on TV or radio so you were my savior tonight. Sleep well and War Eagle to you.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Nothing at all wrong with his effort! I love it.

Edited by au701948

27 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yeah, no way I'm staying up for us to potentially start back up. Hope that if we do resume, we get the W.

War Eagle, everyone.

Thanks for getting us this far! War Eagle!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I checked the radar … this is the only storm cell in the entire state

darn near the only cell in the south other than Jacksonville area

You are absolutely right. The lightning cell seems to be completely out of place

Game has been suspended, per ESPN.

In 1967, we lost a World Series game to Stanford when rain came with Stanford leading 4-2, in I think the 7th.  It was called a complete game.  If my aging memory serves me, we had two on and Capt. Pete McKenzie at bat.

I believe they no longer do this at the World Series, and maybe not in the tournament at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Will resume play at 2pm tomorrow afternoon.  Auburn will have a 9-run lead and be 11 outs from its 3rd Super Regional in 4 years.  

Butch Thompson is the most underrated coach on Auburn's campus.  It's easy for fans of a football school to take a "national championship or bust" mentality toward success, but the baseball postseason format is truly a grind.  For CBT to take a program that had been stuck in the mud since the late 90s and win 3 regional championships in 4 years, including a Super Regional Championship and a CWS berth,  in the age of LSU/MSU/Arky/Ole Miss all performing at a high level is nothing short of remarkable.  And this is all being done with AU baseball facilities being middle of the road in the conference at best.  

I type all that to put perspective on whenever this Cinderella journey does end, whether it be in Supers or Omaha, I hope the casual Auburn fan can truly comprehend the job CBT has done for our baseball program.

And you forgot Vandy.    Auburn and Alabama are behind almost every school in the conference when it comes to recruiting and what other states can do for recruits.   

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Game has been suspended, per ESPN.

In 1967, we lost a World Series game to Stanford when rain came with Stanford leading 4-2, in I think the 7th.  It was called a complete game.  If my aging memory serves me, we had two on and Capt. Pete McKenzie at bat.

I believe they no longer do this at the World Series, and maybe not in the tournament at all.

My rememberer had our best power hitter, Scotty Long coming to bat. Nonetheless, the scenario we both remember is the same. I've had a solid hatred for Stanford ever since then. Losing the women's basketball national championship game to them some years later did nothing but fan the flames of my dislike.

These days, the game is completed at the next opportunity. Back then they went by the rules of professional baseball, as posted above.

• Like 1

Morning boys and girls -- left the park around 12:30 and got back to b'ham around 2:30.   Leaving in 45 minutes headed back.   Admission is FREE today.   Anyone can walk in for FREE.   So come pack this place for Butch and these Auburn players.   If you didn't have a ticket yesterday, you can sit in any seat that isn't taken by a ticket holder.   Please come show these guys how much we appreciate them.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Morning boys and girls -- left the park around 12:30 and got back to b'ham around 2:30.   Leaving in 45 minutes headed back.   Admission is FREE today.   Anyone can walk in for FREE.   So come pack this place for Butch and these Auburn players.   If you didn't have a ticket yesterday, you can sit in any seat that isn't taken by a ticket holder.   Please come show these guys how much we appreciate them.

You outlasted me by 30 minutes. Wish we had more fans like you:wedance:

Edited by Proud Tiger