Baseball Regional Series

Just now, mcgufcm said:

Feeble end. Carlson has to protect the plate there. Borderline pitch... can't just take it and hope.

Still, we got what we needed in that inning. Insurance runs + time for Burkhalter to collect himself. Allsup has to be ready, but let's send Burkhalter back out there.

I agree. hasn't pitched in a while so I think he may have worked the kinks out but have Allsup ready.   

Seems like the first swinging strike in a while. C'mon Burkie! Finish it out!

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Looks like we're keeping in Burkhalter at 33 pitches ... don't know if I agree with that decision.

He needs to see live batters. Since this is first appearance right? I think he’s pitched more than 1 inning before multiple times. Weathers warm. 

who has closed for us before. He’s rusty. You can tell. Need him sharp for weekend. 

Just now, steeleagle said:

He needs to see live batters. Since this is first appearance right? I think he’s pitched more than 1 inning before multiple times. Weathers warm. 

who has closed for us before. He’s rusty. You can tell. Need him sharp for weekend. 

He's already closing in on his career high. He's at 43 pitches and his highest is 50.

1-2 count! ONE STRIKE!

STRIKE OUT SWINGING!

AUBURN WINS 11-4!!!

ALL EYES TURN TOWARDS OREGON STATE/VANDY!

• Love 1

I might not have left Burkhalter out there if not for the insurance runs, but up 7, that was a perfect way to finish the game. Got two Ks on swinging strikes. He looked better than inning, got to knock off some rust. Butch is a hell of a coach. 

C'mon Dores!!

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'll be in this thread updating the score to the Vandy/Oregon State game if you guys are interested. :)

I have a girl's swim meet to hit, but I love the dedication!

• Like 2

Great win I agree it was right decision to keep Burkhalter in to get rust off. The two insurance runs made the choice easier. On the next weekend and lets hope we keep playing this well.

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'll be in this thread updating the score to the Vandy/Oregon State game if you guys are interested. :)

I'm working until 4:00. I'd love updates if you want to do it. But if I'm the only one don't worry about it.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Great win I agree it was right decision to keep Burkhalter in to get rust off. The two insurance runs made the choice easier. On the next weekend and lets hope we keep playing this well.

The only problem is Allsup who has been our best arm in the last several weeks didn't get any work this weekend. It'll be almost 2 weeks since he'll have pitched. Would have like to knock some of his rust away too. lol

• Like 1