Baseball Regional Series

1-0 OSU T3rd. Vandy went down on 3 strike outs, OSU got a walk but nothing else in the 2nd.

Edited by tgrogan21

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The only problem is Allsup who has been our best arm in the last several weeks didn't get any work this weekend. It'll be almost 2 weeks since he'll have pitched. Would have like to knock some of his rust away too. lol

He may be working on a few things that he needs to improve. Or maybe he needed more rest for some reason. I trust Butch and Huddy . They are doing a great job, especially since Mullins is unable to pitch. Mason Barnette has really stepped up after having some trouble early in the season. That's what good coaching can do for a young man. Trace Bright is also doing a great job. Butch will put Allsup in when his time is right. Today he wanted Burkie to get the rust out because he is our premier closer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He may be working on a few things that he needs to improve. Or maybe he needed more rest for some reason. I trust Butch and Huddy . They are doing a great job, especially since Mullins is unable to pitch. Mason Barnette has really stepped up after having some trouble early in the season. That's what good coaching can do for a young man. Trace Bright is also doing a great job. Butch will put Allsup in when his time is right. Today he wanted Burkie to get the rust out because he is our premier closer. 

I understand tg  concerning Allsup but it was going to be hard to give both the work and I still believe Butch believes Burkhalter is his money reliever. I thought Allsup had to be used when Burk had his leg problem and was out a little. 

and Burkhalter showed he was hit or miss K or hit. So he definitely had his strikeout stuff. He just needed to fine tune consistency. 
And during the season Burkhalter was coming in multiple games throwing even 1-2 innings so combined weekend games I bet he pitched over 50 balls.  

And I definitely trust BuTch on his pitchers arms. 

• Like 1

Vandy gets a 1 out double, and another batter gets ahead 3-0. Couldn't move that runner at all. :(

OSU with back-to-back full count walks with 1 out. Vandy pitcher struggling early and has already thrown 60 pitches in 2.1 innings.

Edit: Nice job fighting back and getting a fly out and a full count K.

1-0 OSU T4th

Edited by tgrogan21

Might have to go down to Corvallis next weekend. wde

Edited by Randman5000

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

If you live up that way and OSU maintains this lead over Vandy, then I implore you to. If Vandy comes back, my dad and I might have to leave my daughter with her Grammy next weekend. Be pretty cool to be at the first Super Regional played in Auburn.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Keep rooting on Vandy to win! And then you can just go to Auburn.

• Like 1

Super proud of this team, staff and our fanbase! That was a fun. War Eagle everyone! Enjoy it. 

• Love 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Keep rooting on Vandy to win! And then you can just go to Auburn.

I was just gonna ask whether we were routing for Vandy. I can get behind that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUbritt said:

I was just gonna ask whether we were routing for Vandy. I can get behind that.

Yup! A Vandy win and Auburn hosts the Super for the first time in history.

• Like 2

Walk and then a FC, Vandy has 1 out in the T4th. New pitcher for OSU. Guy has a sub 2 ERA, so gonna be tough for Vandy to get runs off of him.

2-1 Vandy

Edited by tgrogan21

7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yup! A Vandy win and Auburn hosts the Super for the first time in history.

Based on that come on Vandy.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

OSU pitcher came in and got a K on 3 pitches and then a weak grounder on 3 pitches. Nasty slider on this kid.

Vandy has a new pitcher on with a 4+ ERA, hopefully he can keep the 1 run lead.

Full count, batter hits a ball to the wall. THE CF JUST STOLE A DOUBLE AT THE WALL!!!!

Double off the wall this time. Vandy pitcher struggling just to get a strike at this point. Fly out followed by a 2 out single that scores a run. Damn it!

2-2 T5th

26 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If you live up that way

Well look at his info right in front of you numnuts he tells you he lives in Portland, OR. Damn young ones have to learn how to use a computer from an old fart like me. :poke:

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well look at his info right in front of you numnuts he tells you he lives in Portland, OR. Damn young ones have to learn how to use a computer from an old fart like me. :poke:

Yeah, I guess it might have helped to look at the location. :laugh:

But it's not about learning to use the computer. It's about learning to pay attention, something I've never been particularly good at. (Unlike my daughter, who is a carbon copy of my mom in that she notices EVERYTHING.)

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

To be fair ... I didn't look at their location either. Just assumed they lived in the Auburn area. lol

SPEED KILLS! 2 of the fastest guys in college baseball get on with a walk and a HBP.

Double steal. Throw is off at 2nd, gets away, and the lead runner scores. Man on 3rd! HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FUN!

3-2 Vandy!

Edited by tgrogan21

Gotta wonder if Vandy has any arms left. Guy is laboring on the mound and they're just leaving him in there.

Single, Walk, HBP, and another single ...

6-3 OSU. This game will be lost because the manager refused to take out a pitcher that obviously didn't have it.

26 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

It's about learning to pay attention, something I've never been particularly good at.

I agree....:popcorn:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

To be fair ... I didn't look at their location either. Just assumed they lived in the Auburn area. lol

Well now you're both numnuts

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Gotta wonder if Vandy has any arms left. Guy is laboring on the mound and they're just leaving him in there.

Single, Walk, HBP, and another single ...

6-3 OSU. This game will be lost because the manager refused to take out a pitcher that obviously didn't have it.

Well, it wasn't like the pitcher looked completely lost. He walked the first batter after running the count full, then got two quick outs before a single. He let one get away from him and hit the next guy to load the bases, but he had two strikes on the guy who drilled the single to center an knocked home two...

The 5th is mercifully over as a they finally bring a new pitcher in and he gets a strike out.

6-3 OSU T6th