Baseball Regional Series

Peirce strikes out looking. 3 straight strike outs for the SLU pitcher.

Hill hitting for Carlson and he walks on 4 pitches.

Moore with a single! Hill moves to 2nd!

Howell with a 4 pitch walk, bases loaded 1 out!

Dyal hitting for LaRue ... strikes out.

Bello flies out to the warning track. Just missed a grand slam.

17-4 Auburn T8th

Farquhar comes in for Rambusch at 3rd. Dyal at C. Ware in RF for Peirce.

Fielding error by Moore and SLU has had a runner on base every inning.

5 pitch walk.

Double and 1 run scores. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs.

Strike out to get out 1.

17-5 Auburn

4 pitch walk to load the bases. I know we have a huge lead but Copeland needs to get taken out before we give SLU any hope.

Strike out looking!

Double, 2 runs score.

17-7 Auburn

• Like 1

Fuller coming in for Copeland.

Gets ahead 1-2 before walking the batter and loading the bases. Sigh.

Ground out to Moore. Glad to get out of that with only 3 runs.

17-7 Auburn B8th

Farquhar with a 5 pitch walk.

Welcome back, Foster ... ANOTHER hit, this time a double! Farquhar goes to third.

DiChiara grounds out but Farquhar scores!

18-7 Auburn

Ware grounds out, Foster moves to 3rd.

Hill singles, Foster singles! Foster sets the Auburn record for most total bases in a game!

19-7 Auburn

Moore with a full count walk.

Howell grounds out. Went 0-4 with a walk and a HBP. Crazy that he didn't get a hit when every other player was raking.

19-7 Auburn T9th. 3 more outs to mercifully end this game.

3 outs to go sets up Florida State tomorrow evening. 15 previous regional meetings but never before at Plainsman Park. Fun day around campus tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 pitch inning for Fuller as we finally get a 1-2-3 inning in the 9th!

Auburn wins 19-7! Will face FSU tomorrow at 6 PM

• Like 2
  • Love 2

So FSU starts walking Foster, only for Big D to fence it.  Haha.  Seriously what a game by Foster. 

Of course someone else had to do it too.  Haha.  Congrats to both.  

• Like 2

Rambush is our heart, Sonny our soul, but Foster just may be the straw that stirs our drink. Instant influx of energy that we lost when he was out. And I mean no disrespect to Farqhaur. Foster's just really good 

• Like 2

Checking the schedule, there are 14 (FOURTEEN) baseball tournament games scheduled to start at 6 PM Central time tonight. I suppose it's likely that AU gets left off of TV again. Very frustrating! I do enjoy the radio broadcasts but it sure would have been nice to see that first inning.

If anybody get info about AU's game tonight and TV, please post here. Thanks.

That first inning was fun to watch last night. 

The losers bracket game at Auburn is on ESPN2 at NOON.   Auburn's matchup with Felony State is set for ESPN2 at 6PM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

That first inning was fun to watch last night. 

The losers bracket game at Auburn is on ESPN2 at NOON.   Auburn's matchup with Felony State is set for ESPN2 at 6PM.

Happy I'll get to actually watch the game tonight. Thanks for the info.

Kind of cool, almost the entire basketball team showed up in support last night (according to Twitter).

Zep, Dylan, Lior, Wendell, KD, Flan, Tre, and Moore were all there. And of course Bruce was there and was on the Auburn broadcast for a bit.

If anyone else sees any other players from other sports, please post. :)

Edit: Coach Harris and a lot of the Women's team showed up as well.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, au302 said:

Rambush is our heart, Sonny our soul, but Foster just may be the straw that stirs our drink. Instant influx of energy that we lost when he was out. And I mean no disrespect to Farqhaur. Foster's just really good 

you think? lol...

Anyone that hits 3 hrs and drives in 9 runs, against anyone has the ability to be really good.

Do you know how much he was out? I don't remember.

• Like 1

Our hitting was off while Foster was out. Sometimes that's all it takes to mess up the offensive chemistry. It doesn't mean the player who comes in to play for an injured one is not talented. It's just that the change makes things different and it doesn't always work as well.

It's great to have Foster back. But FSU will have a plan for him and for Sonny D. Maybe somebody like Peirce will have a moment in history....

Edited by Tigerbelle

16 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Our hitting was off while Foster was out. Sometimes that's all it takes to mess up the offensive chemistry. It doen't mean the player who comes in to play for an injured one is not talented. It's just that the change makes things different and it doesn't always work as well.

It's great to have Foster back. But FSU will have a plan for him and for Sonny D. Maybe somebody like Peirce will have a moment in history....

I honestly feel glad that Farquhar has been on the team as a utility guy. He's not that great but at least we have someone capable defensively and can take some walks as a fill in.

Foster's been hitting really well since SEC play began. I think he struggled at first because it was his first time playing an extended starting role, and Ryan Bliss went through the same process in his freshman year before picking things up in conference play and the playoffs.

• Like 1

SLU got destroyed again and lost UCLA 16-1. UCLA will face the loser of the Auburn/FSU game on Sunday in Game 1 of the double header.

It's cool that SLU was able to win their conference tournament but the last two games proved they were sorely over matched.

Edit: UCLA has used 8 pitchers already with 2 of those relievers pitching in both games. Will definitely be interesting to see how their pitching holds up another game, possibly two.

Edited by tgrogan21