Super Regional Thread

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't.

But it was posted here by a well known poster. AND it didn't say round trip. Kinda misleading.

However.... a 3 hour trip on game day is still inexcusable. 

I also don't trust that broadcast team. There's a lot of negative attitude about Auburn coming from them so whatever they say is taken with a grain of salt if they mention our Tigers.

https://auburntigers.com/sports/baseball/schedule/2022

Pull the AU network broadcast up here. Most of the time a little ahead of TV but in perfect sync last night.

Three hour bus on game day is ridiculous in 2022. Of course not like these things can be booked well in advance. Can only assume best accommodations available.

15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

https://auburntigers.com/sports/baseball/schedule/2022

Pull the AU network broadcast up here. Most of the time a little ahead of TV but in perfect sync last night.

Three hour bus on game day is ridiculous in 2022. Of course not like these things can be booked well in advance. Can only assume best accommodations available.

I might see if it syncs up tonight.....but probably it won't because I use sling.

Corvallis does not have a great ball park. It's also got bad weather.  

Edited by Tigerbelle

11 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

This was a well-played, well-managed game in the face of a hostile crowd and an inconsistent zone (for both sides).  Butch and Huddy managed the bullpen perfectly, keeping lefties in against that OSU lefty-dominated lineup.  Nate Larue learned the umpires's zone behind the plate for the last few innings and framed some really crucial strike 2's and 3's.  All bullpen arms should be available for a Monday game, and the ace is due up next on the mound tomorrow night for us.  Like our chances a whole lot!

Nate Larue is sometimes overlooked.....he is such an asset to this team. He's very,very good at his position,and he's very smart. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nate Larue is sometimes overlooked.....he is such an asset to this team. He's very,very good at his position,and he's very smart. 

He was struck out looking on same pitch not called for strike on pitch by Skipper. Very suttle in way he stepped over plate on toss back to remind ump.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

The Beavers may be like Tennessee fans, but I think that when Pierce hit his home run he was very animated and OSU was offended. Then when the OSU pitcher struck out Pierce in his next at bat in a crucial situation the pitcher yelled at Pierce and Pierce jawed back at him. That certainly elevated things.

Great win!!! War Eagle!!!

This could be it, but Cole Foster was fired up about something in the second or third when he came around to score. 

All of this said, I hope we humiliate them today to the point that their fans go home and quietly stare at a blank wall and regret buying super regional tickets.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

This could be it, but Cole Foster was fired up about something in the second or third when he came around to score. 

All of this said, I hope we humiliate them today to the point that their fans go home and quietly stare at a blank wall and regret buying super regional tickets.

You do not want to mess with Foster or Bobby Pierce. Both those boys play with a ton of fire. A little Tennessee in them, some might even say, lol. Just kidding 

Also, it looks like our game will start on an alternate channel. HOW? Seriously, it's 9 PM and they can't schedule things correctly.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Our ace vs their ace. Lets get this W!

I was curious if we would match their ace or save Gonzalez for more of an advantage in game 3 if needed. 

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I was curious if we would match their ace or save Gonzalez for more of an advantage in game 3 if needed. 

I probably would have put Barnett in tonight but if Barnett has an outing like he did last weekend then it won't matter who pitches tonight.

Auburn is the home team tonight, btw.

First pitch underway and it's a strike for Gonzo. 0-2 count ... 5 straight strikes as the batter keeps fouling pitches off. And a single. Good at bat from the kid. 12 game hitting streak for him.

• Thanks 1

Nah.  Pitch Gonzo. Keep it close.  We have a good enough offense to capitalize on a mistake pitch to get a couple of runs. Even on best pitcher. 

• Like 1

Bello lost the ball in the sun and it's a double. Gonzo loves pitching to contact, right now they're just hitting it where we're not.

9 pitches in and Gonzo hasn't thrown a ball ... still hasn't with a 2 pitch fly out to the warning track.

10 straight strikes before throwing a ball. 1-2 count ... STRIKE OUT! 14 pitches thrown, 13 strikes!

Rambusch, Foster, DiChiara up!

0-0 B1st

Edited by tgrogan21

I bet jherpes challenges Sonny. Might be the mistake in talking about.  

• Like 1

2-0 count to Rambusch ... Catcher doing his best frame job, ump isn't buying it. Evened up 2-2 ... strike out swinging.

0-2 count to Foster ... fly out to RF.

Ace vs big bat battle #1 ... 0-2 count ... strike out swinging. Damn ...

0-0 T2nd