Super Regional Thread

Sure, had some weak at-bats in the latter innings, but overall just got beat by the best arms they can throw at us tonight.  It took 3 to beat UNC in 2019, let's run Barnett out there and punch a ticket tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I see your point but Kason is not a big power hitter and they were hoping Dyal could hit one out. He can do that.

Also, I think Butch wants to let Dyal in the game. RD doesn't get that chance much and Butch may have promised him some work. 

Would rather have a hit than the small possibility of a homer. And if he was in the game cause Butch promised him some work ... I would be even more upset. You don't put the game and possible season on the line because of a promise to get a guy an at bat.

Hopefully we take game 3 and it won't matter but still don't agree with the decision. lol

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Would rather have a hit than the small possibility of a homer. And if he was in the game cause Butch promised him some work ... I would be even more upset. You don't put the game and possible season on the line because of a promise to get a guy an at bat.

Hopefully we take game 3 and it won't matter but still don't agree with the decision. lol

Eh, doubt it was a promised AB.  I think it was as simple as a Left Handed bat versus a Right handed pitcher.  I'm agnostic to the choice; I didn't love it but Kason's last AB there was swinging at two balls in the dirt and one in the other batter's box so damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The good news is Kason and Brody were on that 2019 team so can rally the troops for that deciding game 3.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Much like basketball, Auburn is beginning to regularly play the "blue-bloods" of the sport.  Let's knock off a 3-time National Champion program tomorrow and go compete for one of our own!

• Like 3

On pitch hitting for Kason. He looked super bad last AB. I also don’t know if this has been a pattern recently w PH Kason if he struggles. 

BUT, in a crucial situation like this and Dyal KNOWING he has struck out so much lately mentally he was never going to come thru. When got to 3 balls I knew he was  counting on a walk and didn’t want to fail. 

The vet Kason would have been the better choice but coaches mvake decisions on gut to. 

7 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Sure, had some weak at-bats in the latter innings, but overall just got beat by the best arms they can throw at us tonight.  It took 3 to beat UNC in 2019, let's run Barnett out there and punch a ticket tomorrow. 

Two excellent pitchers we faced last night and that type of pitching most always beats good hitting. Had it not been for two great defensive plays by our outfield in the fourth this game could have easily gotten out of hand. Could have left the latter pitcher for us to face tonight. 

Hopefully we have won the game of attrition.

As to the SEC announcer the former LSU player’s leaning towards OSU, I mute them and listen to Auburn’s broadcasting team plus monitor the site’s stats page. Our crew provides a wonderful insight without all the garbage and word salad comments from the ESPN/SEC commentators. ON TO OMAHA!

GO TIGERS 🐅 

WAR EAGLE 🦅 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, auburnalum1974 said:

As to the SEC announcer the former LSU player’s leaning towards OSU, I mute them and listen to Auburn’s broadcasting team plus monitor the site’s stats page. Our crew provides a wonderful insight without all the garbage and word salad comments from the ESPN/SEC commentators. ON TO OMAHA!

GO TIGERS 🐅 

WAR EAGLE 🦅 

I try that on occasion, but the radio broadcast is about 20 seconds ahead of the TV. If they were synced I'd listen to our crew every game, including other sports as well as baseball. I did listen to the radio while they had the old coach do his lengthy podcast last night. That timing is weird but it beat the alternative of listening to 15 minutes of BS.

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I try that on occasion, but the radio broadcast is about 20 seconds ahead of the TV. If they were synced I'd listen to our crew every game, including other sports as well as baseball. I did listen to the radio while they had the old coach do his lengthy podcast last night. That timing is weird but it beat the alternative of listening to 15 minutes of BS.

Listen through FB live and press pause to sync it up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Listen through FB live and press pause to sync it up

Thanks for your input but I killed Facebook years ago. Don’t cotton to their garbage and political restrictions!

WAR EAGLE 🦅 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, auburnalum1974 said:

GO TIGERS 🐅 

WAR EAGLE 🦅 

I wish we had Ben McDonald calling our games. Even though he’s a LSU alum he’s a good color guy and he would probably be even handed if not partial to us.

• RunInRed changed the title to Super Regional Thread
12 hours ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Eh, doubt it was a promised AB.  I think it was as simple as a Left Handed bat versus a Right handed pitcher.  I'm agnostic to the choice; I didn't love it but Kason's last AB there was swinging at two balls in the dirt and one in the other batter's box so damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The good news is Kason and Brody were on that 2019 team so can rally the troops for that deciding game 3.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Much like basketball, Auburn is beginning to regularly play the "blue-bloods" of the sport.  Let's knock off a 3-time National Champion program tomorrow and go compete for one of our own!

Not a promised at bat for that specific moment......just a chance to play. Dyal has been displaced by Nate Larue. Dyal played a lot last year, and he has barely seen the field in 2022 except for a couple of games during the week I think. CBT does try to get playing time for kids like Dyal when he can.  Kason was not seeing the ball last night so it was a roll of the dice anyway. Dyal has been somewhat good at getting walks so that was the hope if he didn't get anything worth busting out of the park. He's a strong kid and he does have power.  They were hoping for lightening in a bottle....and really.....why not try it?

Ryan Dyal - Baseball - Auburn University Athletics (auburntigers.com)

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Does that work with sling by any chance? 

I watched on ESPN2 via Sling last night but did audio through FB live (had to pause FB for about 15 seconds to get it synced). It worked perfectly bc FB was ahead of the TV broadcast. I assume it could go the other way and you could pause Sling if it is running ahead for some reason

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Not a promised at bat for that specific moment......just a chance to play. Dyal has been displaced by Nate Larue. Dyal played a lot last year, and he has barely seen the field in 2022 except for a couple of games during the week I think. CBT does try to get playing time for kids like Dyal when he can.  Kason was not seeing the ball last night so it was a roll of the dice anyway. Dyal has been somewhat good at getting walks so that was the hope if he didn't get anything worth busting out of the park. He's a strong kid and he does have power.  They were hoping for lightening in a bottle....and really.....why not try it?

Ryan Dyal - Baseball - Auburn University Athletics (auburntigers.com)

This situation happened last year in game 1 of Ole Miss where Dyal pinch hit for Ware. Dyal actually hit a bomb that was fair but was ruled foul and stayed foul because conveniently Ole Miss didn’t have a replay camera for that area of the ball park. It’s harder in a pinch hit situation, but I will vouch that Dyal has one of the best eyes when it comes to seeing what pitches to hit, but it’s a shame his contact ability is really bad(not as bad as Ware’s though). Even last year when he hit .200, his OBP was above .400.

I doubt Butch promised Dyal AB’s. Dyal wasn’t a high recruit like LaRue/Mullins/Barnett/Allsup was. The only situation that can be argued he promised AB’s to someone was to Steven Williams(and I have my doubts on that).

Bless his heart, it was obvious KH couldn't see the ball. I hope he never sees a replay of his last at bat. At worst, it's a 2-1 count if he never takes a swing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, warbiscuit said:

This situation happened last year in game 1 of Ole Miss where Dyal pinch hit for Ware. Dyal actually hit a bomb that was fair but was ruled foul and stayed foul because conveniently Ole Miss didn’t have a replay camera for that area of the ball park. It’s harder in a pinch hit situation, but I will vouch that Dyal has one of the best eyes when it comes to seeing what pitches to hit, but it’s a shame his contact ability is really bad(not as bad as Ware’s though). Even last year when he hit .200, his OBP was above .400.

I doubt Butch promised Dyal AB’s. Dyal wasn’t a high recruit like LaRue/Mullins/Barnett/Allsup was. The only situation that can be argued he promised AB’s to someone was to Steven Williams(and I have my doubts on that).

I doubt Dyal's promised at bat was going to be with 2 out, down 1, agsinst their best reliever. And he had struck out 6 out of his last 7 ab. 

• Like 1

There are a number of things about that game last night that I could criticize, but I won’t.  I am pleased with what this team and coaches have done this year.  I have no doubt they can win tonight.  

Edited by Mike4AU

12 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

There are a number of things about that game last night that I could critize, but I won’t.  I am pleased with what this team and coaches have done this year.  I have no doubt they can win tonight.  

Yeah after the MTSU and Ole Miss series, I think most people will take the result of this season if we lose tonight if you told them then what would happen during the season. We can still win this though. Hopefully all goes well tonight like 3 years ago against UNC.

i browsed a couple of pages and did not see it. will game 3 tonight be televised? i have googled it as well and they just talk about the last game. help me please.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i browsed a couple of pages and did not see it. will game 3 tonight be televised? i have googled it as well and they just talk about the last game. help me please.

ESPN 2 according to YouTube TV.  6:30pm

• Love 1

Season on the line! Auburn is going with Barnett with the same lineup for the last 6 games. Oregon State going with:

Win or lose, it's been a damn fun year, everyone. No one thought we would make it this far. Hell, I questioned us after getting shut out the first game. War Eagle!

• Like 1

DiChiara, Rambusch, Howell, Peirce, and Bello ALL went hitless last night. It's gonna be damn hard to keep them all down again. Time for the stars to shine!