Super Regional Thread

Just unbelievable by all, but especially Burky. He has the biggest stones of possibly any pitcher we've had. That was a game where it seemed like the inevitable was coming, and he didn't even give them a sliver of hope. Pump all resources into Butch and this program. He does more with less than any coach in the country. That said, job ain't done. Natty or bust!!

• Like 5

Great win & series against a solid opponent.  Just goes to show you that Bruce Pearl was absolutely right about AU when he said:  

• Love 1

Show me 2 coaches that have done more with less than Bruce and Butch.  Bruce gets the top guys now but the foundation wasn’t built on 5*s.  Most Auburn guys I listened to though Auburn could be a mid tier SEC team with post season aspirations but this is AUsome.  Lot of doubters after last season but Butch shows he’s a really good coach.   Hopefully the NIL will help level the playing field with some other SEC teams

• Like 5

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Trying to figure out flights today. Hope I can make it Saturday. Anyone else going?

I can't make it, but if you haven't been to Omaha before, I suggest: Sullivan's Steakhouse: https://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/omaha/ 

It's been a while since I was there but neither the food, service nor the scenery will disappoint. Buddy and I ate there and kept tossing "just one more" $10 bill on the table for her tip. Later on we figured we had tipped $80. It was worth it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I can't make it, but if you haven't been to Omaha before, I suggest: Sullivan's Steakhouse: https://www.sullivanssteakhouse.com/omaha/ 

It's been a while since I was there but neither the food, service nor the scenery will disappoint. Buddy and I ate there and kept tossing "just one more" $10 bill on the table for her tip. Later on we figured we had tipped $80. It was worth it.

Lots of good steakhouses in Omaha lived there for a few years I would recommend Cascio's Steakhouse been there for over 65 years but Sullivans is very good as well. Like I said tons of good/great steakhouses there

https://www.casciossteakhouse.com/AboutUs

This series left me with but one regret

I wish we had a kid named Ward on the team....

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I miss Judd too. I was told Butch told him Judd had a spot on the team, but the damage on both his shoulders to rehab and him having to do grad school was just a reason why he didn't want to come back.

3 minutes ago, warbiscuit said:

I miss Judd too. I was told Butch told him Judd had a spot on the team, but the damage on both his shoulders to rehab and him having to do grad school was just a reason why he didn't want to come back.

Thanks for that info. I hope he's doing well. He was such a firecracker! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Thanks for that info. I hope he's doing well. He was such a firecracker! 

Apparently I've been told Edouard Julien is quite a firecracker in the minor leagues now. Someone that lived in the town he played minor league ball last year said he got in quite a few arguments with umpires over balls and strikes.

But yes I love his passion(even though it led to both shoulders being dislocated and more last year). I think he could have gone pro had that 2020 season not been cancelled and he not been injured in 2021. But alas.

18 minutes ago, warbiscuit said:

Apparently I've been told Edouard Julien is quite a firecracker in the minor leagues now. Someone that lived in the town he played minor league ball last year said he got in quite a few arguments with umpires over balls and strikes.

But yes I love his passion(even though it led to both shoulders being dislocated and more last year). I think he could have gone pro had that 2020 season not been cancelled and he not been injured in 2021. But alas.

Edouard Julien is a character for sure.  His parents and their Canadian flag were a fascinating addition to Auburn baseball also. Every year it's something fun.....this year it's been Sonny D and his walk-up song. 

Judd gave 100% every game. I hate that his injuries got in his way. 

22 hours ago, CCTAU said:

One of my Russellville kids...

• Love 1