Super Regional Thread

Nice play by Howell with a jumping catch at the wall! 2 outs!

Edit: I can also take over play-by-play until I fall out. lol

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Love 1

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Thought this game would be more low scoring with the weather being cold, didn't expect the ball to be jumping off the bat like it is.

Looking like this may be a long evening between a tight strike zone and multiple scores. May finish it over sausage and eggs in the morning.

• Haha 1

John Armstrong falls behind 3-0 and walks him on 4 pitches. Last 2 weren't even remotely close.

Pitching visit from Tim Hudson. And we're just burning through our bullpen. Yikes.

Sheehan coming in ...

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Looking like this may be a long evening between a tight strike zone and multiple scores. May finish it over sausage and eggs in the morning.

I took a 3 hour nap, hoping to keep myself awake and then not dead tired in the morning for work. Not sure how well it's gonna work but that's for future me to worry about. lol

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

John Armstrong falls behind 3-0 and walks him on 4 pitches. Last 2 weren't even remotely close.

Pitching visit from Tim Hudson. And we're just burning through our bullpen. Yikes.

Sheehan coming in ...

Short enough an outing to use him again this weekend I hope

Edited by mustache eagle

7 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Would have went with Gonzalez and Barnett first to try to get 2 wins before we had to go with Bright.

Absolutely! Gonzo has been eating innings every weekend, and with the way Barnett finished….  Now we’re in a critical game with what is essentially a bullpen start. Gotta win Game 1. Come on Auburn! 

This ump is not very consistent, outside of having a volleyball sized zone.  Such non-sense for college umps to have such small strike zones.  Even MLB has expanded and not nearly as tight.  

We know arms are valuable, a great way to save them would be to give pitchers a little more vertical zone.   It’s nearly impossible to get good hitters out with aluminum bats as it is.   Waist to knees and we have quicker games and less pitches.  

Sheehan comes in and gets the ahead 0-2! And then a fly out to Center! Great job!

Foster, DiChiara, Peirce coming up. Lets get the lead!

4-4 T3rd!

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Nice play by Howell with a jumping catch at the wall! 2 outs!

Edit: I can also take over play-by-play until I fall out. lol

Not you had a nap old man…

• Haha 1

Just now, USATiger said:

I suspect Butch is going to do an inning by inning swap of pitchers.  30 pitches or less.   

I hope to goodness not. We don't have that deep of a bullpen. At least not ones that consistently get outs.

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Wondering if Armstrong tweaked something 

the conversation with coach seemed like something was up

No. They have 4 lefties in a row. Coach was matching them w a lefty pitcher. 

he probably was just telling tge freshman good job holding them. 

Foster falls behind 0-2 ...

Liner to LF! Love getting that lead off hitter on base for DiChiara!

Edit: ESPN just missing the action. Don't get how they're the worldwide leader in sports.

Edited by tgrogan21

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I hope to goodness not. We don't have that deep of a bullpen. At least not ones that consistently get outs.

It’s not a bad strat especially having to use guys that don’t pitch much.  Keeps everyone available for tomorrow.  Obviously you want to win but you aren’t going to ride one of your best bullpen guys to the point they can’t go tomorrow unless you have the lead.  Next few innings will be key as we will see little used guys.  

Full count for DiChiara ... strike out from DiChiara. Foster goes to 2nd on the throw and is called safe.

Might have JUST made it in. Hard to tell since ESPN keeps missing the action ...

Finally a better angle ... should be an out. Bad at bat and bad base running.

Edited by tgrogan21

Wow, Foster called safe. 1 of 2 challenges lost by OSU.

If they had better camera angles he might have been called out. ESPN camera work is dreadful.