Super Regional Thread

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

4 lefties up in a row for Sheehan. Would be great to get a quick 1-2-3 inning.

2-2 ground out to SS!

3 pitch ground out to 2B!

Apparently 3 big events in town this weekend. Still disappointing that you can't put the team closer.

It's ridiculous that our team has to drive 3 hours just to get to the ball park. And then 3 hours back. Completely unacceptable. 

I'm really starting to dislike Oregon State. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It's ridiculous that our team has to drive 3 hours just to get to the ball park. And then 3 hours back. Completely unacceptable. 

It's not as bad as 3 hours. Announcers mentioned it only being an hour. But still crazy even with graduation and the Track and Field championships in town. You've known that you could possibly host for a couple weeks now, you should have made the reservations.

This was a well-played, well-managed game in the face of a hostile crowd and an inconsistent zone (for both sides).  Butch and Huddy managed the bullpen perfectly, keeping lefties in against that OSU lefty-dominated lineup.  Nate Larue learned the umpires's zone behind the plate for the last few innings and framed some really crucial strike 2's and 3's.  All bullpen arms should be available for a Monday game, and the ace is due up next on the mound tomorrow night for us.  Like our chances a whole lot!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's not as bad as 3 hours. Announcers mentioned it only being an hour. But still crazy even with graduation and the Track and Field championships in town. You've known that you could possibly host for a couple weeks now, you should have made the reservations.

So that tweet was incorrect? I heard the one of the announcers talking about his hotel room but did not hear anything about Auburn...

WAR DAMN EAGLE! 

let’s finish this and head to Omaha. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

So that tweet was incorrect? I heard the one of the announcers talking about his hotel room but did not hear anything about Auburn...

Just a bit of an exaggeration, I think. The announcers talked about Auburn's hotel before they were talking about their own.

6 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Don't believe everything you read. That's round trip numbers to Portland. However, still disturbing that the team can't get rooms closer to Corvallis.

So happy we won game 1. Let's close this thing out tonight/ Monday morning lol

• Like 1

I'll give that homeplate umpire his due: He was equally cruel to both the hitters and pitchers of both teams. That's not an easy feat to accomplish.

Burky hasn't been the same since the injury (hamstring pull?) that he suffered late in the season. I keep hoping his next outing will be the one where he turns the corner but so far it hasn't happened.

I don't understand all the bitterness and woofing from OSU. Was there some incident that the cameras didn't catch? Or are they simply Tennessee-style jerks?

Damn Good Win!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Lived in that area for three years.

Was not sad to leave ;)

Went to bed in the 4th inning. Checked my phone at 6 am to some great news. Was not expecting that. Hostile crowd but glad we shut them up. Finish out tonight, I’m ready to get to Omaha. WDE!

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I don't understand all the bitterness and woofing from OSU. Was there some incident that the cameras didn't catch? Or are they simply Tennessee-style jerks?

Damn Good Win!

I haven't figured this out either. All I can figure is that sometimes people get cocky and that fall from that high horse is a lot less fun than sitting up on it. They've been told how great they are for the past 6 years and are probably a little confused that a team is coming in and treating them as business as usual.

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers

Hate the schedule (game time way too late for me) and hate to hear that we are so far away from Corvalis, but I loved the result and reading about the game in this thread. Thanks, all and War Eagle!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Anyone heard anything about their ace playing today? Or will we not hear til game time?

I hope he starts. Agree with @Mikey about “Tennessee like bunch”. No reason to leave them with excuses when we head to Omaha.

1:00 to bed finally. Two brownies and glass of milk post game celebration. Can not remember last time I slept until 8:45 AM.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yeah it’s a hour and half one way but your point remains. It’s still super inconvenient to say the least. 

1 hour ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

I haven't figured this out either. All I can figure is that sometimes people get cocky and that fall from that high horse is a lot less fun than sitting up on it. They've been told how great they are for the past 6 years and are probably a little confused that a team is coming in and treating them as business as usual.

The Beavers may be like Tennessee fans, but I think that when Pierce hit his home run he was very animated and OSU was offended. Then when the OSU pitcher struck out Pierce in his next at bat in a crucial situation the pitcher yelled at Pierce and Pierce jawed back at him. That certainly elevated things.

Great win!!! War Eagle!!!

29 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Wow. Shocked we took one to be honest. C'mon boys, Omaha is within reach!

Im certainly more optimistic now, but not shocked. This team is playing it's best ball right now. We always had the ability to beat OSU. But if Hjerpe is healthy and starts, it will be tougher sledding. Certainly cant afford our starter last 2/3 inning and dropping 4 in the 1st.

• Like 2

The one hour and thirty minute drive is ridiculous, but even though CBT did not need any additional fuel can't you hear him saying -- "Men, no one not riding on this 1.5 hour bus ride and our fans respects you.   Everyone projected you last in the west.  You were made a 14 seed.  They made your regional the toughest in the country.   Well, guess what men, you didn't finish last in the toughest conference in baseball.   You scored 51 runs in the toughest regional including 21 against the alleged best staff in college baseball.   You just won the first game of a best of 3 series.   If these west coast folks think a disrespectful 90 minute bus ride to the hotel at 2AM in the morning our time is going to adversely impact you, then I hope every stinking one of them has a front row seat for the beating you are going to put on their disrespectful butts tomorrow night.   Men, our motto all year has been "prove it."  You have and you will because you believe in Auburn and love it.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, creed said:

Don't believe everything you read. That's round trip numbers to Portland. However, still disturbing that the team can't get rooms closer to Corvallis.

I don't.

But it was posted here by a well known poster. AND it didn't say round trip. Kinda misleading.

However.... a 3 hour trip on game day is still inexcusable. 

I also don't trust that broadcast team. There's a lot of negative attitude about Auburn coming from them so whatever they say is taken with a grain of salt if they mention our Tigers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

The one hour and thirty minute drive is ridiculous, but even though CBT did not need any additional fuel can't you hear him saying -- "Men, no one not riding on this 1.5 hour bus ride and our fans respects you.   Everyone projected you last in the west.  You were made a 14 seed.  They made your regional the toughest in the country.   Well, guess what men, you didn't finish last in the toughest conference in baseball.   You scored 51 runs in the toughest regional including 21 against the alleged best staff in college baseball.   You just won the first game of a best of 3 series.   If these west coast folks think a disrespectful 90 minute bus ride to the hotel at 2AM in the morning our time is going to adversely impact you, then I hope every stinking one of them has a front row seat for the beating you are going to put on their disrespectful butts tomorrow night.   Men, our motto all year has been "prove it."  You have and you will because you believe in Auburn and love it.

I bet he does use it as motivation. 

I noticed that he seemed almost amused last night at times. His demeanor was just....different. Not that he isn't serious about winning, but something about the situation was making CBT think WTH ???